It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Jesus Be God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Matthew 27:46

"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Mark 10:18

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

John 14:28

"The Father is greater than I."

Acts 7:55-56

"But he [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

So what's all the hubbub???

Why is it that people associate Jesus as God when quite clearly these verses refute such a claim...

& many more attest to this...

I'm hoping others will share to add to the collection...
Not through laziness, but so others can get involved...

Where & why do people conceive the notion that Jesus is God?

My personal favourite...

Our father, who art in Heaven...
Hallowed be thy name...
Thy kingdom come...
Thy will be done...
On Earth as it is in Heaven...
Give us this day our daily bread...
& forgive us our trespasses...
Etc...
I'm sure you know the rest...

How about that ATS... Jesus was praying for forgiveness as well...
Please do not use this thread to bait or troll Christians...
It's a serious question, keep your replies respectful even if you disagree with one another!!!

Peace!!!

edit on 10-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct was bound to abuse the OP!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm still learning about this particular subject, but I believe that is where the Trinity comes in to play.

Father-son-holy spirit. They are one, but are also separate. Jesus isn't God, but he is "of" God.

It's confusing to me, but I'm sure someone will be around to explain it better than I ever could.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I AM!”

At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

His actions say that He WAS in fact God...

God was made manifest in the flesh. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

ALL physical reality came into existence through Jesus...

...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. ~ Heb. 1:2

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ ~ Ephesians 3:9

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

Jesus' Word SPOKE all physical reality into existence...

This is why in Revelation He is called the "Word of God".

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" ~ John 1:1

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
John 20:17

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Matthew 27:46

"My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Mark 10:18

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

John 14:28

"The Father is greater than I."

Acts 7:55-56

"But he [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God."

So what's all the hubbub???

Why is it that people associate Jesus as God when quite clearly these verses refute such a claim...

& many more attest to this...

I'm hoping others will share to add to the collection...
Not through laziness, but so others can get involved...

Where & why do people conceive the notion that Jesus is God?

My personal favourite...

Our father, who art in Heaven...
Hallowed be thy name...
Thy kingdom come...
Thy will be done...
On Earth as it is in Heaven...
Give us this day our daily bread...
& forgive us our trespasses...
Etc...
I'm sure you know the rest...

How about that ATS... Jesus was praying for forgiveness as well...
Please do not use this thread to bait or troll Christians...
It's a serious question, keep your replies respectful even if you disagree with one another!!!

Peace!!!

Whats the story here.

You have quoted every possible text to draw a division between Christ and the Father.
Almost like you are selling something?

There are as many quotes explaining Christ and the father are one, you are obviously aware of these, hence the thread, you have the ability to search and find these for yourself but havnt

Why didnt you, whats your angle?

If you were to read the Gospels you could only understand that Jesus had the powers of God, over nature, over disease, over death and over the spiritual world.

So what is your angle?
edit on b2014Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:14:56 -050093020143pm302014-09-10T18:14:56-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Respectfully Charlie, the bible is so schizo in its wide variety of
'teachings' and quotes that people are free to pick and choose what they want to believe from it. Thas why there are soooooo many Christian churches and denominations.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Can you explain the verses I shared then my friend...
Because they seem to tell a different story!!!

God was made manifest in the flesh. ~ 1 Timothy 3:16

Couldn't this be interpreted that God is within us all?

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. ~ Colossians 1:16-17

This doesn't mention Jesus though!

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. ~ 1 Corinthians 8:6

This is clearly saying that God created everything including Jesus!

edit on 10-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I seem to think Christians use the idea that Jesus was God to reinforce their belief that Christianity is the religion God likes best...

I mean he must because he decided to come down himself so he could start it right?

Even though he technically forgot to mention to his followers that he was God... He actually wanted people to debate the issue for hundreds of years, and use an amazing verbal gymnastics routine to put it all together... ye know, instead of just coming out and telling everyone that he was God

And he was part of this Godhead which has three parts that are actually only one

All while telling everyone HE has his own God... who was much greater then himself...

Sounds about right

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Look at yourself in a mirror. Which one are you and which one is your image? Between you and the image you see, there is a mirror. The mirror is the Mother, or matter / matrix. The Son of God is the image of God. We are all the image of God as mankind. Within us is the soul of the Son and the Spirit of the Mother. Together, the three are God, or Elohim (trinity).

Take another look now at God and His image.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Read this thread to see how the letters of the Father (DNA) make the Word / Logos (Son) in the cup (Womb) of the Mother: Hidden in the Letters

God is the template for the Son. One is the real and the other is the image in matter. In physics, this is the Father and Son as Neutron and Proton making the strong nuclear force. Compare this to yin / yang. The Neutron is neutral and has two down quarks and one up. The Proton is positive and has two up and one down. The Strong force follows invariant symmetry laws perfectly. Electrons (-) do not follow invariant symmetry and borrow from the future by a process known as quantum tunneling. The future is already a set quantity that we experience in time / space, which is again a set quantity. If you do a bit of research on invariant symmetry and translational symmetry, you will see why the image (medium of translation) was necessary to see the Father. The Father does not change and is constant. The image, although appearing to change, is only translated. In reality, the creature that is created is changing by the anchor of the other. Eventually, we end at the point of the image as it focuses.

In reality, we are artificial creations watching a replay. Watch a movie all you like, it is always the same move. Watch it twice and see more than you saw the first time. The Son of God is the image of God. We are images of God as observers of the first image (Son).

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

So what is your angle?

I don't have one...
I'm asking a simple question!!!

You have quoted every possible text to draw a division between Christ and the Father.
Almost like you are selling something?

No I haven't, there is many more I could use to question this post-Jesus myth...
& I'm not from the Vatican, I'm not selling anything!

I said keep it respectful, but I'm happy to return the antagonistic favour!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, according to the story line, we are made in the god(s) image, correct?

So according to that Gods DNA is passed to his son just like our fathers is to us, correct?

Then it follows that my Father is in me and part of me, but only so far as we share genetic traits.

I am not my dad.

Neither was is Jesus God.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

All while telling everyone HE has his own God... who was much greater then himself...

Excellently put!!!

Pretty much summed up my point!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Close your eyes and pretend you are the personified Christian authority throughout history. You want your flock to worship Jesus. You understand that the OT god stated over and over that he is the only game in town and ordered genocide for anybody who questioned it. So how can you get a bunch of people to reconcile the two concepts? You have to either have Jesus supersede the OT god which would have failed miserably or you would have to consolidate them into one long and conjoined mythology.

To discount Jesus as a deity, you would have ended up with a rather early version of Islam or a modified version of Judaism. To raise Jesus above the OT god would have been ultimate suicide. To try to keep them both around with Jesus just being the Abrahamic Hercules like Jesus tried to explain he was would have ended in an incredible era of violence. So... they compromised with Jesus and YHWH being the bread in a divine sandwich with the "holy spirit" as the bologna.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think one reason Christian theology claims this comes from Jesus Baptism.

The dove came down, landed on him a and a voice from heaven said, this is my son in whom I am well pleased.

The "in whom" was always taught to me to mean that God is in Jesus and therefore Jesus is God. I see how deceptive that is now thank you very much.

I learned that a long time ago. Do they still teach / believe that?

Part of the confusion sown, the deceptive intent from on high to make people bicker about dogma within religious discussions.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

That was well put my friend...
Very nice way to work things out...

I'd never thought of such an agenda, for want of a better word!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Very philosophical my friend.
Always enjoy your input Aleph, even if at times it's too cryptic for me to work out straight away!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Same way people use the "Anti-Christ" as one person when there is no such thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I always thought an AntiChrist could be anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is The Lord...

As well as the traditional spawn of Satan motif...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It's myth. The rules of logic don't apply.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It sounds like you are contemplating and thinking for yourself and that's great. Its a developing relationship that you are basically taking on by mere faith.

Jesus may or may not be God. We may ALL be one when you get down to the root. We don't know ...we just speculate.

If you haven't read different philosophies all the way back to antiquity its hard to just get one story and stick with it whereas studying all different philosophies you may find you see the theme. Or... you may come up with your own philosophy like most of us adhere to anyway.

I haven't gotten to the point where I think Jesus is God. I am still in the mind set the force or main energy is our maker who stepped out of his self and or mind and thought.. which created... still creating.. and we are a part of Him but not Him. Jesus is also a part of him.. but not him/ "God".

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Jesus is not god.
God is the son of man. A creation by men with the personality of a nut job.

There is a creator but the bible is not speaking of the true God. The bible speaks of man's interpretation of god. The true creator of this existence would reveal itself if it felt we were ready.

Stop believing the lie.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join