It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nans Desmichels de Paris :

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
snails are excellent, used to raise them in northern california where they are everywhere, put them in a screened box after you picked them off the other vegetables in your garden in feed them oatmeal for three or four days, then grab your wok with some olive oil or peanut oil, garlic, rosemary, scallions, tiny sweet peas heat it all on high hot oil for three to five minutes depending on preference, spoon onto a bed of wild rice and open the wine [red or white]

Hm Good
tut

I dont you if this exist in USA but in France, you can buy some Escargot de Bourgogne frozen. You simply have to put them in a classic oven, about 200� celsius for 10/15 minutes.

You can also prepare them yourself, but it a bit complicated because you will need to washthem. You must let them cook in a bath of water and vinegar for 3/4 days.

The 'beurre maitre d'hotel' (snail butter) is very simple to cook, and can be used in many other cooks (Steaks, Mushroom...) : Hack a garlic head, persil, and a hazelnut of butter.

Last thing : I'm not sure that a white wine can make a good chord with Escargots, garlic and butter : drink a bourgogne red wine with it...

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
escargot is a delicacy here [u.s.] and does not come frozen and is expensive as are frogs legs
does the warm water and vinegar make them more tender?
also i am not familiar with persine

i am having steak and mushrooms and grilled potato with garlic and picante sauce [mexican hot sauce]
this evening to celebrate my nations birthday.
my eternal thanks by the way, your nation and culture were as a midwife in the birth of America, it would not have occured without your assistance. Viva La France!
I salute your nation and will hoist a glass of whiskey in your direction this evening.

respectfully yours,
Tut

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
your icq is unavailable, please correct

sincerely

tut [eric]

<< 1  2   >>

join