It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama tried to get a tee time at New York golf courses, got turned down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
President Obama tried to get a tee time at New York golf courses, got turned down

President Obama took some heat last month when he went golfing almost immediately after delivering a statement denouncing the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley by Islamic militants. That hasn’t stopped Obama from continuing to hit the links when he has a moment to spare.

Finding a course is apparently an entirely different problem. NBC 4 in New York has the scoop on Obama’s failed attempts to play over Labor Day weekend:

President Obama was turned down at several top golf courses in Westchester while he was visiting the area over Labor Day weekend, sources tell NBC 4 New York.

The Trump National Golf Club, the Winged Foot and Willow Ridge were among some of the elite courses that rebuffed the president’s request to tee off there, according to several sources who were told about the president’s advance team’s calls to the club managers.

Disgusting! The only reason any president would prioritize golf with the current state we are all in is if his agendas are going according to plan and he didn't feel that anything needed to be changed. I bet he pitched a temper tantrum like the spoiled little brat he is and then Queen Michelle wiped his snotty little nose with $100 bills. *WHAHHHHH!!!! *snivel *sniff sniff

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

I'll never understand why Presidents, men who are supposed to be brilliant sociopaths, enjoy a game as dull as golf.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Reporter Jonathan Dienst’s sources tell him that the White House advance team gave the courses only a day or two notice to play on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, which is “one of the busiest times of year for golf courses, and with membership at some area clubs exceeding $100,000 annually, many courses may not have wanted to displace its members on a weekend when they would have wanted to play,” Dienst writes.

Well, I can understand why he was turned down a tee time. If I payed all that money to be a member I wouldn't want to give up my slot to anyone....not even the president.

As far as Obama golfing all the time, I don't see a problem with it. Being president of the US has got to be the most stressful job in the damned world. Just like us peons, he is entitled to his leisure time and it is those things that keep us sane. Whether he spends it golfing or reading a book is no concern of mine.

That's one of the reasons I never jumped on the bandwagon that blasted Bush for all of his vacations, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not sure why this is a big deal.
When someone like the president goes anywhere its a major security event, and I can see where many clubs wouldn't want to deal with it on a busy holiday weekend. They would have to go through security checks for up to a week before he arrives, all the members have to be checked, all the staff has to be checked, etc... Its a big, expensive, disruptive, mess, and personally I cannot blame a business for not wanting to deal with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I wonder if his puppet masters pull the strings on his golf swing, too?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawkI think a president of any country should be able to play golf at any given time in any course,and when the clubs do not allow them to do so then there are profoundly serious issues between the people and their elected president...But the fact that Obama is so relaxed about the ISIS like it is a routine event and business as usual tells a lot about politicians and politics in general.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
a reply to: LrdRedhawkthere are profoundly serious issues between the people and their elected president

Understatement, my friend

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I see some thorough IRS audits coming for these racist country clubs.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk I think the problems of most nations in the world are caused by their own political and ideological system and the lifestyle of their people...The people on the top only represent the elites and the corporations that helped them to win the election and other people just support and contribute to the cause,it doesn't really matter who is on top,the system is on an auto pilot.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
When someone like the president goes anywhere its a major security event, and I can see where many clubs wouldn't want to deal with it on a busy holiday weekend. They would have to go through security checks for up to a week before he arrives, all the members have to be checked, all the staff has to be checked, etc... Its a big, expensive, disruptive, mess, and personally I cannot blame a business for not wanting to deal with it.

I would refuse him just because I could...even if there was an opening.

And yes...I would be proud of it when I say "Get back to work...you have a job to do."

Peace

edit on 10-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
maybe he thinks best while golfing...some of my best ideas happen in the shower so i cant judge.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I'll never understand why Presidents, men who are supposed to be brilliant sociopaths, enjoy a game as dull as golf.

I think it has more to do with being seen playing golf. Its like a status symbol. Being seen playing golf or just being known to have played golf, is more fun than the actual act of playing golf itself. For the upper class, its the ultimate way of saying "things are going so well for me, I have nothing better to do than hang out at the golf course, shoot the breeze, tell some jokes, laugh at some jokes, and watch my money pile higher and higher".

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: defcon5

I would refuse him just because I could...even if there was an opening.

And yes...I would be proud of it when I say "Get back to work...you have a job to do."

Peace

But do you really want that man doing that job? I wouldn't

I would turn him away because he's a corrupt curse on this planet and he the only place he and most the politicians in the US, UK, Russia, Germany etc should go is prison.

new topics

top topics

join