It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cops were going to jump me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Before I start my tale, my thanks must go to the poster who's story inspired me to respond with my own account. I don't know who you are but you have my star and flag.

It all started when I moved into a peaceful little town (the name is withheld to protect it's the innocent) and the town was great-the locals and the local proprietors were great as well. It was (and hopefully still is) a good place to live-if you exclude the local constabulary.

The same day that I chose to make this town my home, I was accosted by a pair of half wits that were appointed as the local law enforcement. One of them grabbed my arms and started inspecting for any signs in intravenous drug use. The moment I questioned their motives I got this response and I'll quote it verbatim:

“If I see you wandering the streets again I’ll F%#ing jump you!”

So being the good boy that I was, I returned to my new home promptly but the harassment continued as the weeks went by. The same cops would pull me up again and again, and the same cop would check my arms for track marks and finding nothing while his partner would stand by with a hand placed on his sidearm. A part of me believed that they were just bored, but still that is a pretty poor excuse.

But that's not the best part. After all the intimidation and threats, the cop who instigated the whole affair was perfectly polite to me in public and even addressed me by my first name (which was a complete reversal compared to what he called me in the presence of his partner.)

Eventually I left that town and it's dumb @$$ cops behind. I should have filed a complaint but cops will protect their own and what starts in a small town stays in a small town-which is a shame because there are a number of good cops out there who are doing their best to serve and protect, and there efforts are undermined by the semi simian block heads who see the badge as a privilege rather than a code of honor.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'm sorry, I don't believe you. Maybe I'm biased, but I don't understand why a cop would just threaten you for absolutely no reason. Why would he just look for track marks? I used to be an intravenous drug user, and have been stopped by police in various towns for reasons other than me being a drug user. High or not, I was never treated that way, and they never looked for track marks.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

High or not, I was never treated that way, and they never looked for track marks.

Beg to differ. It depends on where you are and what you are doing.

I used to live outdoors and drove around diving in dumpsters.

Cops always looked in my eyes, checked my arms and asked to search the truck, SOP.

I live in a big city.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Why were they checking your arms for tracks..?

Do you have a history with drugs, mental illness..?

There's a "yes" in there somewhere, huh?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

For starters I do not use intravenous drugs and never will.

Secondly these cops pulled me up on numerous occasions when I was clearly doing nothing wrong, on one occasion I was merely walking to the local convenience store to buy a pie for lunch which is hardly a warrant for investigation.

(post by Antipathy17 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good for you, maybee where you are has enough junkies for them not to bother..they certianly do not where I live. Hell In Vancouver there are safe injection sites and there are vans driving around that give out needles and cra$k pipes
No reason to discount his story.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That sucks. Too bad you did not file a complaint. Then charge them in civil court. And sue for damages to make them pay out of their own pockets. Yes i know it is difficult and many think that there will be more harassment after. But i found that they leave you alone if they know you know your rights. If you already found them to unjust it sets a history for later events and they are afraid. Sorry to hear you were chased away.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17
NIIICCCCE

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1
The chances of winning are slim to none and as a bonus you make yourself a future target..not cheap either.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you are right you can win. You have to study up though because a lawyer will not usually defend you against the police and defiantly not charge the police. You have to do it yourself. If they target you after they are guilty of another crime. a reply to: vonclod

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Myself, I would have preferred some details of why this person was in that town and why, how he was dressed, etc. He makes me suspicious with his story. I guess I've heard these "Whd did the cops hassle me!" stories too many times from my son.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Secondly these cops pulled me up on numerous occasions when I was clearly doing nothing wrong, on one occasion I was merely walking to the local convenience store to buy a pie for lunch which is hardly a warrant for investigation.

I don't know...pie for lunch, from a convenient store? Sounds like drug-induced munchies to me

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
##ATTENTION PLEASE##

Stop derailing the thread

Please focus posts on the OP's story and stop attacking each other

Don't reply to this post

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ignore those who don't believe you, they matter little and compromise the chances of mature debate.
Taking your story at face value it does not surprise me at all. There are prick cops and others in positions of power right through the spectrum. of society.

Before the days of CCTV in police cells I had the pleasure of a couple of beatings by cops in the UK so I don't doubt that some prick cops still hassle when they can, especially in small towns.
If you have a confident case and could see usefulness to yourself in chasing justice then good luck, but if not it might just be a 'walk away' situation, as you appear to have already done by moving away.
I hope your local cops are more friendly.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't recall saying you did? I actually said I did, so you need to work on the comprehension there my friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join