It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw "In Search of Aliens" S01E06 Last Night, Got Me Thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am in favor of the theory of sudden Mediterranean flooding. Even if it is untrue, it is interesting and possible. One thing on that show last night got me thinking was on the Island of Malta they have cart paths that were traveled so often that they dug grooves down into the ground and one of those cart paths goes down beneath a bay and comes up the hill on the other side. Unless they towed rocks under the water with ropes or had some type of dam keeping the water back from the bay, this suggests that the water levels were much shallower at the time of their creation than they are today.

Could it be possible that the area between Spain and Africa had been connected thousands of years ago and sudden erosive forces caused the ocean to spill into the Mediterranean, forming the sea we know today suddenly, almost over night? Could this explain the numerous flood stories and the tale of Atlantis which supposedly existed on an Island near the Pillars of Heracles? Could it be that Atlantis exists, but it is merely submerged somewhere just south of Spain? Might this be why the Rh- phenotype is found so highly concentrated along the coast of Spain, but is relatively rare everywhere else on this earth? Could the Rh- bloodtype be a vestige of humankind's interbreeding with another species of hominid similar to the way we interbred with Neanderthals prior to their extinction leaving their genetic traits isolated in certain populations of our species?

Africa and Spain are only separated by 7.7 nautical miles (14.3 km) at their narrowest point, and the depth at that position is only 300 meters deep. This is much shorter than the distance from Cleveland, Ohio to Canada across lake Erie (54 miles). Given that the ocean level is believed to have been 120 meters shallower on a global scale 20,000 years ago, this is not a far cry from being landlocked even if no erosion occurred between then and now. If there was 180 meters of rock and soil in that area, then the Mediterranean would have been a much shallower landlocked lake prior to the end of the last ice age, only becoming a sea afterwards. If a land bridge had connected Europe and Africa at the Straights of Gibraltar, it could have held back the ocean waters for thousands of years, allowing the Mediterranean to be a shallow lake while the rest of the ocean waters raised an additional 120 meters.

Sudden erosive forces could have broke through the straight at some point, cresting a mountain top or something, creating the straight through sudden erosive forces, raising the sea level of the Mediterranean by 120 meters over the course of a few days, causing low lying coastal settlements and temples to be suddenly submerged by tidal forces. There were many implications in that show that those temples might actually be 20k years old. Could it be possible that at 17k BC, the waters of the ocean finally broke through, destroying the most advanced hominid civilizations at the time, throwing the rest of humanity back into a dark age that would last another 11k years?

Why was the civilization that built the temples at Malta suddenly wiped out? If those were their temples, built on the mountaintops to celebrate the gods, where were their cities? Could it be that archaeologists are not finding their main ports, which are actually 40 meters out into the sea off the coast of Malta?
edit on 10-9-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Your thoughts have mirrored mine that I've had in the past.

This is why I like these shows (In Search of Aliens, Ancient Aliens, etc.)--they bring into my life that what-if thought that probably would not have been there. Even if science proves much of what is said as being wrong, it's still enjoying to watch. They kind of make me feel like a kid again, even if just for an hour once or twice a week.

There is so much in the world that we have zero clue about or that we've gotten wrong. Shows like this may create a spark that leads to a great discovery or re-writing of history that ends up being more factually based. At least, that's my hopes--it'd suck to realize that it's all just a bunch of garbage.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Georgio Tsukalos is an amazing person who has truly reinvented his life on numerous occasions. I know a lot of people write him off as being silly and spurious, but when I saw he had his own show, I was very excited for him. Personally, I think he is one of those eccentric personalities who has much to teach merely through the observation of his example.

As a kid, I used to always read the UFO books and the alternative/speculative science books. While I think people like Zechariah Sitchin are objectively wrong, they do create original material derived directly from the sources, which is rare on this earth. Also, they are arguably successful and have gathered together an audience where none existed before. That is a serious talent. The fact they used that ability to become experts on the esoteric instead of becoming cult leaders says a lot about their inherent natures.

Anyway, I do think that information offered from these sources can be useful. You think, most archaeologists in the field are living by the worldview that the earth is only 6,000 years old, so probably 70% of them are already producing bad science with a truncated version of history. What would history look like if we weren't constantly measuring it against the Abrahamic timeline?

Personally, I think many of the great temples on this planet were created long before 10k BC, but I really don't think it had anything to do with aliens. I think there was probably an ocean faring civilization of masons who taught the people of the world how to build their temples, and there is evidence in Polynesia, Australia, South America, and America to reinforce that world-view if people took the time to look at the fringe examples from another point of view.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Just think what it meant to be a mason in those days. It was one of the most important professions and one of the only universal professions at the time. If you built a temple wrong, you could crush everyone to death during one of their services, but if you were in a country during a war or plague, you might escape without any of your tools, being a stranger in a land without any references to your talents or character. Secret handshakes were necessary so that different types of masonry experts could verify one another's credentials.

Masons were the driving force behind human spirituality, moving people away from superstition and towards a direct relationship with the divine. They built temples for people of all faiths without discrimination so that regardless of a person's cultural background, they could begin the journey of personal growth and direct relationship with extradimensional reality. If you look at the architecture and the relationship of geometrical shapes in the ancient world, they are nearly universal on this planet across all peoples and cultures in prehistory. This points towards a single cohort of architects custom making temples to fit the cultural uniqueness of each and every individual tribe on this planet.

Plus, if you look at the placement of ancient sites, many of them seem to be specifically place and coordinated with the rest of them as if the entire process was orchestrated by a master group of architects. This can also be seen in early American history. Many of our founding cities fall into an alignment with one another to a point of absurdity. The mathematical likelihood of that being purely random chance is infinitesimally small.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
im an anthropology major, with minors in historic preservation and archaeology focusing on prehistory. i absolutely love giorgio tsukalos, the guy is brilliant and fun to listen to. a lot of the ancient alien material goes against modern ideology, but ....how the hell do we know what happened 10000 years ago. we dont, and cant know for sure. these shows open up possibilities and solutions to these questions. they might be quirky but they are just as plausible as anything mainstream scientists have come up with.

"our ancestors weren't stupid, they depicted what they saw"
"this cant be made with rocks and chicken bones"

i always love those quotes from giorgio
edit on CDTpmv90911 by Tavg0911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeah I just wanted to say, 20.000y ago sea levels were 120m lower anyway, but you mentioned that already.
I think your theory is VERY intriguing. Possible.
So or so, whether this flooding happened gradually or really during a few days, I am sure there is still lots hidden in the waters of the Mediterranean (and elsewhere too, of course)...possibly entire civilizations.

I personally believe in that theory that Atlantis lay near what is now Cadiz, Spain and is now buried in mud. This would put Atlantis outside the Mediterranean, not "inside".

top topics

join