It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes of Ukrainian Aidar battalion confirmed in Amnesty Int’l report - Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Source!!!

Amnesty International has reported that it will be looking into War Crimes, including abdutions & executions...
On both sides of this Civil War...

An Amnesty International report has confirmed that war crimes including abductions, executions and extortion were committed by the Ukrainian Aidar battalion in Lugansk region, eastern Ukraine, an official from Russia’s Foreign Ministry says.

“The report confirms large-scale crimes, including war [crimes] made routinely and under the aegis of Ukrainian law enforcement agencies, by the leaders and members of the Aidar battalion,” said Konstantin Dolgov, the Foreign Ministry’s commissioner for human rights."

You can see part of Amnesty International's report on RT during their Headline News programme...

It puts a large dent in the pro-Kiev/anti-Russian or pro-Russian/anti-Western rhetoric which claims this is a case of "one side bad, other side good"...

Amnesty International said this...

Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International, has called for urgent investigation of the shelling in eastern Ukraine.

“[We] call all sides of the conflict to restrain their forces from any war crimes, any violations of the international humanitarian law and do everything in their power to protect civilians and their lives,” Shetty said.

All allegations of abuses should be investigated, he said, adding: “I call upon the Ukrainian government to do everything in their power to provide the humanitarian assistance which internally displaced people urgently require, as winter is approaching,”

So, they're hopefully going to investigate war crimes committed by both sides...

It's another twist in the tale that both pro&anti-Russians will be hard pressed to ignore...

I'm am of a neutral stand point thus far...
I don't trust anyone involved... East or West!!!

Where do you currently stand ATS?
edit on 10-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Confusion!!!

edit on 10-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Fixed!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yes, Humanitarian war. It always starts that way. For the women, the children, the humanity.

The perpetrators don't really care about that. The conflagration they start is a crime in and of itself.

Its difficult to fault those that rise to the defense of their lives and get some payback. If everything and everyone you ever loved was unjustly destroyed you'd be pissed, too.
edit on 10-9-2014 by intrptr because: spelling and change

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
So, they're hopefully going to investigate war crimes committed by both sides...

Good, I'm sure they'll find plenty wrong on both sides.

It's another twist in the tale that anti-Russians will be hard pressed to ignore...

I'm am of a neutral stand point thus far...

I don't trust anyone involved... East or West!!!

Good, There's plenty wrong with both sides....

edit on 10-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

lol I see what you did there...
I understand it may have seemed a contradiction...
That wasn't my intent...
I'll edit the OP

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I have the same stance you do for the exact same reasons. The question that comes to my mind, when and if war crimes have been found on each side, will each receive fair punishment or will the pro-Kiev side receive favour from the West?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I see such an investigation being ignored much like Israeli/Hamas war crimes so that they can avoid scrutinising the scum they fund long term!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

My stance is, the West is responsible for the mess in Ukraine (including my own government).

So the West, Kiev and the Separatists (those who are responsible for the crimes) should all be held responsible and be convicted for them.
edit on 10-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here's a direct link to the the Aidar Battalion briefing PDF

------------------

Three sides?

Azov Battalion

Azov fighters are Ukraine's greatest weapon and may be its greatest threat
Wednesday 10 September 2014

But there is an increasing worry that while the Azov and other volunteer battalions might be Ukraine's most potent and reliable force on the battlefield against the separatists, they also pose the most serious threat to the Ukrainian government, and perhaps even the state, when the conflict in the east is over. The Azov causes particular concern due to the far right, even neo-Nazi, leanings of many of its members.

Goes on tot talk about their Neo Nazi views, calling on a Junta and to:

President Petro Poroshenko will be killed in a matter of months, Dmitry said, and a dictator will come to power.

"What are the police going to do? They could not do anything against the peaceful protesters on Maidan; they are hardly going to withstand armed fighting units."

Source

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

After their many outright lies towards Israel and others I think you need to find another source with actual proof. Amnesty Int, always has an agenda. That agenda is to make anyone who is good, look bad. They should be going after Russia, hell Vice news caught them in so many lies and video taped the shear brutality towards the civilians in Crimea.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I see such an investigation being ignored much like Israeli/Hamas war crimes so that they can avoid scrutinising the scum they fund long term!

You mean these war crimes? This is why nobody investigates anything the Arabs in Israel say!!!!

woundedamericanwarrior.com...

I think you will one day learn that the 1500 they claim had been killed was a huge exaggeration. Especially when Israel would drop a dummy bomb on top of the buildings sometimes fifteen minutes before they actually bombed it to cause real damage. It is called a roof knock!!! Letting people know to leave the place or die since Hamas would not let the people leave the areas Hamas were hiding in. I watched the live feeds every day so nobody can tell me for one second that Israel was brutal at all. Many times Israel would not strike a place where missiles were fired from because of the risk civilians would be hurt. I saw it for myself many times! Hamas was let off easy after they constantly start crap with Israel.

join