It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter: "Holder Aide Accidentally Calls ISSA Staff For Help Spinning IRS Scandal"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Breitbart

The Hill

The aide, Brian Fallon, is a former senior aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and a well-known personality on Capitol Hill. The letter describes Fallon as “audibly shaken” when he realizes his request to leak documents to help get ahead of news stories about them was mistakenly made to the very office he was seeking to undermine. Issa believes the call was intended to be made to Democratic Rep. Elijah Cumming's staff, the ranking member on the oversight panel, the letter said.

In the letter, Issa told Holder the phone call suggests ongoing coordination between DOJ aides and Cummings' staff to undermine oversight committee investigations.
Fallon's “efforts to prejudice the Committee's oversight work demands examination,” Issa wrote.
Fallon, however, said in a written statement that nothing untoward occurred.
“There is nothing inappropriate about department staff having conversations with both the majority and minority staff as they prepare responses to formal inquiries. That includes conversations between the spokespeople for the Department and the committee,” Fallon said.

Kind of wish this was recorded so it's not he said, she said bull#. ISSA can make claims all it wants but I doubt this will effect the investigation because there is no recording or transcript. If one just happens to show up, I bet holder gets investigated. Opinions?

edit on 10-9-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed all-caps title. MOD NOTE: The use of All Caps

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who is paying attention, assuming it's true (which I don't see ANY reason for Issa's camp to be making this up--the evidence in the case is damning enough without creating conspiracy talks without concrete proof).

The bigger question is this: Why can't they just release all the documents they have immediately to the public? (I know the political answer to that...it's a rhetorical question)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You wrote: "If one just happens to show up, I bet Holder gets investigated. Opinions?"

From what I see of the way things operate there in DC these days. While it is but another smoking gun sort of thing, it is a small matter, typical of politics and especially of the wild frenzied efforts of this bunch in office.

Holder will never be investigated during this administration and I doubt in any subsequent Republican administration.

edit on 10-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I bet holder gets investigated.

Never in a million years. And if, by some miracle he was investigated, claims of prejudice and racism would fly thick and fast. Holder himself has a whole deck of Race Cards and he uses it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Issa said it’s clear that the Justice official meant to call Democratic staff and argued the mix-up is proof that President Obama’s administration and Cummings have been collaborating to “prejudice the committee’s work through under-the-table coordination.”

So some meathead calls the wrong number !!!!

Cummings has already been caught doing things without notifying the Committee.

Not nice Mr. Cummings.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The whole lot of them are corrupt. Holder is the scumbag extraordinaire.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

My question about all this is weather or not these are recorded phone calls. If so, HOT WATER will be this lobsters next bath.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No proof this happened? sort of how there is no proof that the irs only targeted conservative groups....

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Issa should call this Fallon fellow before the committee and put him under oath. Love to see Cummings' response.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
No proof this happened? sort of how there is no proof that the irs only targeted conservative groups....

except the IRS admitted targeting Conservative groups.

IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election

The Internal Revenue Service on Friday apologized for targeting groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their names, confirming long-standing accusations by some conservatives that their applications for tax-exempt status were being improperly delayed and scrutinized.

Lois G. Lerner, the IRS official who oversees tax-exempt groups, said the “absolutely inappropriate” actions by “front-line people” were not driven by partisan motives.

The 5 stages of grief applies

the 5 stages

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From your link:

They constituted about one-quarter of the 300 groups who were flagged for additional analysis by employees of the IRS tax-exempt unit’s main office in Cincinnati.

They also targeted progressive and liberal groups.

This thread is still based on hearsay, and not any kind of fact!

edit on 10-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The accused have to have time to get rid of the evidence. The reason so much time is given is that most public officials are clueless.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The accused have to have time to get rid of the evidence. The reason so much time is given is that most public officials are clueless.

The most surprising post on this thread, Searching. I'm
surprised it didn't have a rack of stars already just on
general principles. We should get the clueless a map and
show them the way occasionally--- out.

top topics

join