It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gimme That Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I guess this is more of a rant than anything.

I will start off with a vision I have that consists of homesteading / ranching and being self sufficient. Between my dad and myself we already have a 2,000 acre ranch. I plan on running a couple hundred head of cows, growing most of our food, eating our own pork and grass fed beef, chickens, goats for milk, etc etc. We cut enough hay / oats / alfalfa to feed all of our own livestock and have some left over to sell.

Gimme that girl who desires a simple, slower paced lifestyle away from the rat race of society. A life consisting of living on 2,000 acres and raising your own cows, training your own horses, growing your own food. Show me 23 year old woman who doesn't define herself by the price of the clothes she wears or the amount of pics she instagrams and instead envisions a more meaningful life. A life of working and providing for yourself and not some corporation, some military, or some government. A life where your relationship with your significant other isn't full of games or drama, but full of respect and communication, where your SO is your best friend. Show me a girl whose Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights don't consist of getting obliterated at the bars and random hookups, but instead are filled with dreams of escaping the absolute insanity of our current society consisting of more, more, more / profit, profit, profit / consume, consume, consume / produce produce produce at all costs.

"Gimme that girl with the hair in a mess
Sleepy little smile with her head on my chest,
Thats the you that I like best,
Gimme that girl.
Gimme that girl lovin up on me,
Old t-shirt and a pair of jeans,
Thats the you I wanna see,
Gimme that girl, gimme that girl."

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Youre out of luck .. theyve gone the way of the dodo and are extinct ....

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There is still plenty of young women like that around trust me! hang in there you will meet her soon! Sounds like an awesome vision by the way, i think living a life like that is many peoples dream.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I like your poem.
I'm sure she exists. We aren't all material. I don't know though, maybe the younger ones all are this way now.
I'm sure they don't all go out to bars. Do they? That's sad if that's the case.

I hope you find the girl of your dreams
edit on 10-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: doped00

I will start off with a vision I have............

Famous last words.

Unplug.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: doped00

Sounds to me like you're hanging out where the city chickadees are, instead of going to cattle rasslin' rodeos and such where the country girls are.

You might want to rethink your stomping grounds (aka: bars).

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Unless you expect to hire a lot of the work you imply that you will do on your proposed self-sufficient spread, you are doing nothing more in your head but creating a homesteading ratrace of you own making. Sure, there can be a lot of pleasure and self-satisfaction with living that life, but it is far and away from what 99.9% of what women want as you well illustrate with this thread. You see it as a big, challenge. Most women will see it as a life style managed by a man with firm ideals, which I suspect, you do not (cannot?) appreciate from a potential female partner's viewpoint.

edit on 10-9-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Youre out of luck .. theyve gone the way of the dodo and are extinct ....

I beg to differ.
I may be old, but I'm not extinct!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They're out there. I found one. And to beat it all, she is part yankee. lol
But she loves living here and this lifestyle and said she could never live in the city again. I converted her. This was 15 years ago. Since then, it's all about the garden(she loves gardening), the chickens, -the country mentality. She went from yuppie cars to lifted-up trucks and SUV's. She admitted that she didn't know what she was thinking. It's clear to her now what it's all about. I still call her a yankee when she makes me mad. lol

My point is, you will find her where you least expect it, and when you do, you will know it. And be careful of fakes. They're everywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I don't know where you are, but you're welcome to come up here in MI and visit in August - My hometown does a Good 'Ol Country Fair, filled halfway with the kind of girl that would rather settle on a farm than in the city.

Oh, and when you find a girl, can you keep an eye out for a second, or let me know if she has an attractive friend?

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Sounds awesome! Where do I sign up???

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shimmeringsilver73

Sounds awesome! Where do I sign up???

new topics

top topics