It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God attacking with Weather again?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
That's how I feel. If God is real, then he needs to be dethroned because he is a murdering, disease spreading, evil entity. He has to go!! We need a god that will let us live forever, in happiness, in that sweet spot when life is the best. No death. No sickness. No wars. No car accidents where a woman and her three little kids get killed by a drunk driver who gets off for affluenza(sp?).

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ray Nagin the mayor of New Orleans that fought with FEMA over federal aid to the city after hurricane Katrina went to prison Monday.

www.nola.com...

Gods justice?

Titor claimed the Russians have weather control that makes HAARP look like a flashlight.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

No one will live forever. It is in our dna and the best we can hope for is 1000yrs. I suppose if you want to live here forever then you do not believe that there is any existance beyond this one. Maybe there is a group of people waiting for you on the other side and the only reason they have not left you behind is because they love you but do not wish to go through life again. How long would you want them to wait for you?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
I believe there's something after death. I just don't know what it is yet. But I want to stay here on earth for as long as I can because I'm not sure if the things that I really like and enjoy are on the other side.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Humans created god, just like they created everything else. Everything from morality to the believe that somehow the weather says something is created in the minds of people, and that is all. Everybody attributes things to objects or to the unknown because it is a way to cope with things. When it comes down to it that is what religion was created as a way for certain people to cope with the world around them on mass scale, so we attribute all kinds of things to these strange believes because its just a way to anchor our world and not think about it further, kind of like telling your kid everything is fine because so and so is always watching, but in reality there is nobody watching.

The same goes for politics, even science in many ways is the same, and pretty much everything else out there. Its all just make believe a way to bind minds and hearts to a certain predisposed wavelength, its how people operate, its a function of nature and of nurture not only in humans but in every other living animal out there, albeit we just have a more complicated and roundabout way of doing it, but its function and purposes remain pretty much the same, generally for the cohesiveness of a group.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hmm. I've prayed for weather events to occur months down the road and they happen.
Would the answer of my prayers be of the supernatural? I would have to say yes.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinkortwim
Hmm. I've prayed for weather events to occur months down the road and they happen.
Would the answer of my prayers be of the supernatural? I would have to say yes.

Confirmation bias, just like with most prayers. If you pray for something for months upon months, it's bound to happen eventually, regardless of whether you prayed for it or not, especially weather patterns. I know folks that think god intervened in their life because they prayed for a sign from god for years, and then finally got one. The problem is, there is no way to determine whether it was actually from god. If it was from an all powerful being, why did it take years to manifest itself? Mormonism is like that, they say that if you don't believe it, to pray every night for a sign to tell you its true. The problem is when you are actively looking for a "sign" you will find it, because you'll interpret anything that seems coincidental to be a sign from god which makes it confirmation bias.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I don't believe in coincidences.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Pat R. must not read and comprehend well. I thought the bible taught that Satan tempted Jesus with the kingdoms of the Earth. Obviously Satan could not make the offer if he wasn't in charge of the Earth. That means Satan is running the show here. God might intervene but God's Idea of intervention might be sending someone to tell the people with tents that there's a storm coming, better be safe than sorry. If they didn't listen, then they were warned and ignored it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Actually Satan is the lord of the air. Christ rebuked the storm.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinkortwim
a reply to: Barcs

I don't believe in coincidences.

And that's exactly why I say confirmation bias. Coincidence happens all the time, but you look at it differently because of your faith and how badly you want it to be true. The Mormons keep coming to my house to try to recruit me using similar arguments. They tell me to keep praying and god will eventually give me a sign to show me that god and the book of mormon are real. They say some people get responses quickly while for others it can take years. My point is, if you are expecting a sign from god, you are going to see one, whether it's actually god or not. The first time anything slightly out of the ordinary happens, it gets credited to god.

But if god is an all powerful being and wants people to worship him, why would he wait years (or even months) to give somebody a sign that he's real? I've heard numerous stories about people getting signs and not a single one can be definitively linked to god, they just believe that it is and want it to be, so confirmation bias wins for them. Maybe god is real, but if so, he's not some magical guy that selectively answers prayers and uses weather to kill people he doesn't like and he most certainly isn't an interfering god.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join