It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Rice is really, right now, getting adequate punishment. But banned for life....No I don't thin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He should be banned from NFL for life. NFL needs to take a strong stance on this kind of stuff to make professional athletes know their action has consequences.

Pete Rose was banned for life for betting on baseball. He didn't do anything to hurt the team he was manger of.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Effective immediately, violations of the Personal Conduct Policy regarding assault, battery, domestic violence or sexual assault that involve physical force will be subject to a suspension without pay of six games for a first offense," Goodell writes, though the league may choose to make a suspension longer or shorter depending on various factors. "A second offense will result in banishment from the NFL."

Link

New NFL rules for abuse. 6 game suspension.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
That is for the first offense. Second offense is a one year ban from the league. However, the player may apply the following year for a reprieve.

a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
But he was originally allowed to play after a two game suspension before the the public uproar from inside-the-elevator video. (Don't tell me Goodell didn't see the tape that their office received April 9th). I don't know where you work, but I know I would be dismissed permanently from my corporate job if a video surfaced of me dragging an unconscious woman (whether fiance or wife) from an elevator.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

New NFL rules for abuse. 6 game suspension.

right, but the individual teams can dole out any punishment it wants to its players on top of NFL rule.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

But to ruin a 27 year olds life for a mistake
a reply to: GrantedBail

The only "mistake" that scumbag made was beating his wife on video...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I just saw a movie trailer. It was out on the periphery so I didn't catch the name but there is a women slugging a man.

If an end to this crap is what folks were really looking folks would be calling for this movie to be yanked.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
That is for the first offense. Second offense is a one year ban from the league. However, the player may apply the following year for a reprieve.

Hay I just have to ask you. Do you believe that a woman can provoke a man to strike her? Is that what you are getting at or is underlying your bit of sympathy for Rice?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
He should be banned from NFL for life. NFL needs to take a strong stance on this kind of stuff to make professional athletes know their action has consequences.

Pete Rose was banned for life for betting on baseball. He didn't do anything to hurt the team he was manger of.

I am afraid I do not understand why people expect the NFL to impose sanctions/punishments for criminal behaviour unrelated to the game of football. That, as far as I know, is the responsibility of the Justice System.

It may be that the NFL has a right, in order to protect their image...or the saleability of their product...to impose limited punishments on its employees, when they conduct themselves in a manner that casts the league in a bad light.

But why all of the media, and public, shrieking and outrage - to the point of calling for the Commissioner's resignation - because they didn't immediately kick him out of the game? Why is it the NFL's job to punish Rice for an alleged criminal offence (I say "alleged'" only because he has apparently not even been charged with a crime...though clearly he should have been)?

Do we really want to put employers in the position of being able to act as Police, Prosecutor, Judge and Jury as it relates to the private lives of its employees?

It seems to me that this is the larger issue that is not being discussed.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Do you believe that a woman can provoke a man to strike her?

The answer to that is yes. Some men can be provoked into hitting a woman, while other men can't be ... and then there are the "men" that need no provoking to hit a woman.

I think the question you really want to ask is "Should all men be able to control themselves even when provoked?" -- the answer to that is also yes. Same goes for women BTW.

I have witnessed a female relative of mine say "I'm going to make him hit me so I can get him arrested" and she did and he was arrested. This particular dirt bag husband refused to work or be thrown out of the home...the wife knew his 'buttons' pushed them relentlessly. It was a solid plan as he had hit her before.

So you ask "Why didn't you step in an kick his a$$?" ... it's not because I'm a wimp but already went that route, twice. She keeps going back/taking him back so what is a guy to do? Kill him? And they got back together after the provoking incident of course. Maybe they've split again I don't know as I stay out of it anymore. They're "in love" so she tells everyone...

Oh, and as his wife she refused to testify against him in court after she provoked him and had him arrested. Makes sense. The judge should have thrown her in jail for wasting the courts time IMO.
edit on 9/15/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

FYI...

Figures suggest that as many as one in three victims of domestic violence are male.

www.helpguide.org...

Not that this gives permission to any man to hit a woman back...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join