It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Rice is really, right now, getting adequate punishment. But banned for life....No I don't thin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oh boo freakin hoo.

I have no sympathy for punk/con millionaire sports athletes. None.

She spouts all this nonsense about love and family and I guarantee you she will be gone in less than a year. No gold left.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail
Like they don't break the rules for talented football players. They obviously wouldn't break the rules for him cause he has no talent.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
She married him, so we are taking away the ability for her husband to support her.

So he is not capable of doing anything but hit women or run with a ball...

He should go to school and get a education.

He HAS an education. These guys are set when they enter the NFL.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

He has a piece of paper that says he has an education. There is a difference. College athletes do not take the same courses as the rest of the world. Nothing odd about that, nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: bigman88

That said, i think sports and athletes get too much attention and money. It is too big a part of culture in this country. People's whole lives are defined by there teams. Nonsense. I don't care either way.

Exactly! I began to boycott pro sports (with the exception of Hockey, which I became a fan of a few years ago) around the turn of the millennia. We encourage "star" syndrome whereby questionable people of questionable ethics are paid outrageous amounts to play a game. Ridiculous.

We complain about how much CEO's make, but are seemingly fine with a baseball player signing a contract for 215 million bucks. Ridiculous! I will not support such nonsense... unless it is hockey. Then it's ok. lol

Seriously... college sports are also ridiculous. Institutions of higher learning are, instead, minor league farm teams for the pros. Too much emphasis on sports and not enough on what is SUPPOSED to be the purpose of universities.

I'm with you, man.

I am paraplegic since 2010, and now i care NOTHING for sports. i sued to like playing basketball and football, baseball, whatever. Doing wheelchair sports is cumbersome to me (maybe i have not adjusted to it yet, or played enough of it) so i care nothin for sports.

I barely watched growing up, and when i did, it was nap time whether i liked it or not. I would sit there wit the boys and listen to them throw around detailed stats and numbers. I knew not what the hell this babble was about. RBI's? Field goal? Meh.

And athletes, entertainers in general for that matter, always seem to have some sketchy morals, and here they are in our faces flashing off this screen.

TV off.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I bet he only did it once too..right, it was not a mistake.
I dont know about banned for life but something far more than he got.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Look, the Eagles took back Vick with open arms and to me his crimes were much worse. That is just my opinion.

Two wrongs don't make a right. When people are in a position to be a role model for children and make millions of dollars, they have an obligation to project a positive image. The same thing goes for teachers, police, lawyers, judges and other public occupations.

If you've been blessed to make millions of dollars to do something you enjoy, you have nobody else to blame for losing your job but yourself. His life isn't ruined, he just has to go out and find a mediocre job just like the rest of us. People get fired everyday from a minimum wage job for being negligent or other stupid reasons. I don't feel sorry for him, or the rest of these numskulls who blow their life of luxury, money and stardom, for drugs, violence, murder and other criminal undertakings.

In my opinion, people like Rice, Justin Bieber, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Luis Suarez, J.R. Smith, Johnny Manziel, Ron Artest, Richie Incognito, Dwight Howard, Adam Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, Titus Young, Alex Rodriguez ... all their contracts should be nullified and they should be pulled from the public spot light. The world doesn't need anymore spoiled brats, and thugs to be role models for our kids.

The last thing we want our children to grow-up believing is their is no consequences for their actions. You can get in trouble with the law, commit crimes, flaunt your body and act like a skank, have poor morals, but if you're a celebrity it's ok because nobody can touch you. We're already seeing the rudeness, lack of morals and disrespect coming from today's youth. The media is a stronger influence than what you think.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: GrantedBail
Do we punish them for life?

The NFL is a corporation with a pronounced public image. If you worked for an NBC affiliate in Cincinnati and you clocked your fiancé do you think that after that location fired you that you could go and apply to another affiliate?

He screwed up big time and he may have to make a career change. He is lucky he does not have a conviction record to go along with his termination notice.

Yea its to bad he didn't belong to the teachers union. He would still be playing.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ha ha ha. Have you ever heard Frank Gore speak??

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
In all likelihood, he'll end up playing in another league or appeal his suspension, get it overturned, be out of the league for a year, than sign with another team.

They let Michael Vick back, they let Ray Lewis back, and he possibly was guilty of murder, Roethlisberger possibly got away with 2 sexual assaults.

The NFL looks like it done something, Rice gets his slap on the wrist and all is forgiven, she married him afterall, even though he beat the crap out of her. Tough guy that. Beat a woman.

IMO, the POS should never be allowed to play football professionally again, anywhere. The only thing the NFL is doing is protecting it's image. It doesn't care what he did, they just don't want the Brand tarnished.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
What does committing a crime have to do with a job?

He needs psychological help not a loss of his job.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Ruining his life? The man is twenty seven years old and a multi millionaire. He will be just fine. He can live a life of luxury until the day he dies and still be a woman beater. Give me a break. I do feel you OP anout Vick and all that though.

Ole Ben of the Steelers QB raped a woman and he is still playing.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

His life's not ruined. It's just on another path.

I'm a real fan of equal opportunity. I don't judge some dude harshly because he hit a woman. The fact is, he whacked someone who's a lot smaller in stature ... and that's crossing a line.

I hope he's able to find another opportunity outside of the venue of professional sports. I'm sure 'the team' will have no problem moving someone into his slot on the roster.

Anyone who needs to employ a thug has seen his resume on TV. Lots of folks don't get that kind of help when looking for a job.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

He has a piece of paper that says he has an education. There is a difference. College athletes do not take the same courses as the rest of the world. Nothing odd about that, nothing at all.

Well apparently he does not even have a degree. He told TMZ he was going back to online school back in Janurary of this year. Well, not anybodies fault but his own. We make our own path in life, he ruined his, and he had it in the palm of his hands.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Its pretty telling that a player will get a year suspension for smoking some weed but only a couple of games for beating your wife/gf..go NFL.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Ruining his life? The man is twenty seven years old and a multi millionaire. He will be just fine. He can live a life of luxury until the day he dies and still be a woman beater. Give me a break. I do feel you OP anout Vick and all that though.

Ole Ben of the Steelers QB raped a woman and he is still playing.

Ole Ben was not convicted of rape. It was alleged, never convicted.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Seriously though - why are some of you going on about him having to find a new job or go back to college? He could sit on his ass for the rest of his life and still live better than most of us. No new career or education necesarry.

The man is rich. The only thing he has ruined is his chance.to do something he enjoyed professionally (for now). Feel sorry I do not.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

He paid her off. Accusations magically disappear. It's what the rich do. Rice hasn't been convicted of anything either...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
he has ruined his reputation, so no he will be replaced

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
One aspect that maybe is not being thought about is the fact that the victim is being victimized again. She married him, so we are taking away the ability for her husband to support her.

So the only job he can do is carry a football? If that is the case, he can probably get welfare.

So her quality of life is not impacted when his next job makes 1% of what he does now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join