It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Urges Preparations for Troops to Occupy NYC & Other “Megacities”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If you don't want the military "defending/protecting" us on our own soil, then figure out how to defend yourself so it isn't needed!!

Our men and women in the military are there to fight for people who can not fight for themselves. We turned ourselves (not all of us, obviously but too many) into people who could not fight for ourselves thus needing their help. Too many American people have decided guns are bad and people should be peaceful. Well, only the good are peaceful and if you do not have a gun then you are not going to be able to defend yourself. I wish people would quit blaming the government and take a look at the effect of their own actions. You know what shops didn't get broke into in Ferguson? The ones where the owners stood in front with guns protecting it.

Quite frankly, if there isn't a state militia out there willing to get people armed and out there to protect our natural resources when *@^& hits the fan then I more than welcome our troops to do it.
edit on SepThu, 11 Sep 2014 08:52:18 -050018.tham181814p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Again, I think you need to re-read the paper--it's a big deal now because these megacities didn't used to exist. Now they do, and are logically forcasted to increase in number. The military has not kept up their repertiore of strategies in order to deal with this, and they are having the foresight to realize it and start asking the pertinent questions that will enable them to build at least a basic strategy IF they are ever called in to fight in that environment.

I completely agree that the military is over-used and has too much stuff, but that doesn't negate the issue of what to do with said stuff once it's unnecessary to keep for the military. In my perfect scenario, we'd just throw the shifter into reverse and back the eff outta the Middle East for good and let that perpetual war environment do its thing without losing the lives of our Service Members. I'd like to see this dependency on the ally system abolished--whe shouldn't feel a need to help another country fight if we're not directly affected, just because we like their form of government over another country's. But, I'm looking at the current reality, and my perfect scenario doesn't exist, so I'm just coming up with the best ideas I have for the effed up situation we find ourselves in...and trying not to perpetually waste our tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
If you don't want the military "defending/protecting" us on our own soil, then figure out how to defend yourself so it isn't needed!!
Our men and women in the military are there to fight for people who can not fight for themselves. We turned ourselves (not all of us, obviously but too many) into people who could not fight for ourselves thus needing their help. Too many American people have decided guns are bad and people should be peaceful. Well, only the good are peaceful and if you do not have a gun then you are not going to be able to defend yourself. I wish people would quit blaming the government and take a look at the effect of their own actions. You know what shops didn't get broke into in Ferguson? The ones where the owners stood in front with guns protecting it.
Quite frankly, if there isn't a state militia out there willing to get people armed and out there to protect our natural resources when *@^& hits the fan then I more than welcome our troops to do it.

I agree with much of your statement, but I obviously see how our government works, and there are slippery slopes to using federally funded and directed agencies (in this case, the military) for personal protection. It's too easy for the power-hungry or war-bonered "leaders" of our nation to abuse the use of these agencies for personal (or crony-capitalist) intentions without having the well-being of the public in mind...often, things are done in spite of the well-being of the public.

That said, I was in the military, and I know most of the people who were in with me would not turn their weapons or authority illegally on the citizens of the United States--at least not for long before they turned. See, people forget that when the jackwagons in Washington order the military to do things, it is the military with the weapons--push them too hard the wrong way and against their oath to protect and defend the constitution, and those weapons could be turned on them. And that's the way it should be...plus, all of us civilians who are willing to protect the constitution would join up as well. Sometimes, I think both politicians and the general public forget that, in a volunteer military, the vast majority of members are there because they want to defend the constitution, not just blindly take orders that violate it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

God help us...

Because the people won't...

What are your views on the second amendment???? Because ummmm...how else are we gonna protect ourselves against this insanity????

Jaden

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Reasons given for why U.S. troops may be sent into major cities to deal with social dislocation include “poor people,” “rich people threatened by poor people,” “black people,” and “boots on the necks of the disobedient” who challenge state power.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoVoCan3
As a 14 year Veteran, and senior NCO, I can tell you without a doubt that everyone I have spoken with, has said the same thing as me. NO WAY WILL I ATTACK OR GO INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES TO TAKE THEIR WEAPONS. a reply to: Char-Lee

If told to, you'll do it... and if not you'll be on the wrong end of the stick and then the person behind you will surely do it... People do it already dude! Kick in peoples doors and the drag them off and put them in a cage for having a plant...

You can protest and say you wont... But you will... Simple as that...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessejamesxx
Reasons given for why U.S. troops may be sent into major cities to deal with social dislocation include “poor people,” “rich people threatened by poor people,” “black people,” and “boots on the necks of the disobedient” who challenge state power.

Forget the black people bit dude, you really think these mafackas care what colour you are? Black, white or yellow... They could not care less! We're all in the same boat! Quicker everyone realises that the better!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

I know I wouldn't so your wrong. I wouldn't occupy our homeland nor any Western country under the stipulations in this thread ie a take over

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
US Gov ought to remember that military men have families, friends, and neighbours, that live in these cities. If they're ordered to be bastards to the ordinary folk they were raised with, gov might find itself suddenly looking down the business end of a few military guns.

We can live in hope.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I know I wouldn't so your wrong. I wouldn't occupy our homeland nor any Western country under the stipulations in this thread ie a take over

You are talking like you have some kind of choice! You dont! Prison or do as you're told! You will do as you are told! When you go off round the world at the behest of your dear leaders, you dont get to sit there and say hmmm is it really right to attack such and such over such and such! If you think you do you're simply lying to yourself! You'll cope by making excuses about doing these things...

If it came down to it you and your buddies would not say no! You will follow orders! Simple as that. If this isnt the case you would already be in prison. But low and behold here you are, so I am assuming you're not in a cell right now...

Say what you like contrary to this... It matters not.

Talk is very very cheap...
edit on 11-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes I do, but I have to explain a bit.
Police, soldiers and politicians on an individual level, from a personal mindset, I feel are always trying to do the right thing(obviously there are exceptions) but somehow when ordinary situations get mixed around with several different bureaucracies the initial intent often gets lost. For instance, I honestly feel Obama is trying to do the right thing for the USA to the best of his abilities, but when faced with all the other decision makers and bureaus his plans get twisted and fractured sometimes even being turned around all together. I think this happens to a lot of good honest intent folks, making then seem like villains at times.

a reply to: Masterjaden

2nd amendment
Buying guns should be no different then buying kitchen knives. Rifles, handguns, shotguns, automatic machine guns, sniper rifles, grenade launchers, shells, cartridges, rounds, hand grenades, etc. do not kill people. Mental illness, pharmaceuticals and stupid people kill people. Now I'm not saying we should be able to walk around with claymore mines in our back pockets but concealed carry and open carry should not be refused unless you are mental ill, on drugs and/or stupid(I use the term loosely solely for time constraints). There also needs to be rules like, no weapons on public transportation/locations yada, yada, yada. . .

edit on 9/11/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes I do, but I have to explain a bit.
Police, soldiers and politicians on an individual level, from a personal mindset, I feel are always trying to do the right thing(obviously there are exceptions) but somehow when ordinary situations get mixed with around several different bureaucracies the initial intent often gets lost. For instance, I honestly feel Obama is trying to do the right thing for the USA to the best of his abilities, but when faced with all the other decision makers and bureaus his plans get twisted and fractured sometimes even being turned around all together. I think this happens to a lot of good honest intent folks, making then seem like villains at times.

hahah Sorry but obama is a blatant liar... Straight up and down actor! You seen the video with all the women fainting at his rallies? Toooo funny! XD

"Are you okay?" "Can someone please get that lady some water" over and over hahahahha

It's all a facade... Want me to find it for you? I am sure searching for fainting obama rally or something should find it. Completely hilarious...

But I do kinda get what you're saying... Perhaps the people doing evil things are not all the way evil, but hey they're doing evil things so... Does it really matter?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
www.google.co.uk... at%20obama%20speech%20fake&ei=0C8SVM3tFovvaJ3SgugO&usg=AFQjCNH5FKQEyDeHz7l7P3bwFKKSVYqnlw&bvm=bv.75097201,d.d2s

It's cool found it for you
Enjoy this oh so nobel gentleman hahah

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The key to what I said was HE THINKS HE'S DOING THE RIGHT THING.
Whether he is or not is up to debate and personal opinion.
Lol, well on second thought, no it isn't really - He does suck!

Add: Thanks, I watch it in a minute!

edit on 9/11/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I had a reply for you but then touched the damn soft key on my phone and poof off it went lol... Another day maybe, its my bedtime so enjoy the vid and keep on keepin on.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

There was a reason that constitutionally, military members are supposed to be both stationed in, sworn in by and trained by their home state, unless called to action to defend the US.

That is one of the reasons. There is now a reason that many people receive training in, and are stationed OUTSIDE of their home state.

I promise you, military will not be deployed to the areas that their known family and friends are in this situation.

You would and will have entire regiments and even divisions abstaining from these actions and possibly fighting against those who don't ignore the illegal orders given.

It will be a civil war if the military is ordered to remove firearms from the populace...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ra reply to: Meee32

Your talking in fantasy and speculation, as if we are Nazis or something. I think for myself brother and as soon as I feel leadership has lost all interest in the American people,is when I change abruptly and my new enemy would be the government.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Ra reply to: Meee32

Your talking in fantasy and speculation, as if we are Nazis or something. I think for myself brother and as soon as I feel leadership has lost all interest in the American people,is when I change abruptly and my new enemy would be the government.

XD Sorry I just caught this so just have to reply... America has already done many many things that actually go against the security of america... I mean invading illegally and killing millions or people is one of them... But how about throwing in a little torture into the mix... You and I will never agree... But this isn't fantasy it is straight up fact... There is a TED talk you should watch... Called "the psychology of evil" I do believe. I could sit and chat with you all night (for all the good it would do XD) But alas, I must sleep... Do seek out that TED talk, fansinating stuff and will explain a lot for you.

Best of luck, I'm sure our paths will cross again and we can have it out more thouroughly. Until then try not to kill anyone :p

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Your pdf link is a malicious threat according to malewarebytes. And it's not official either.
'Mods please delete link!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
am reply to: SlapMonkey

We've known about "mega cities" for a while. Tokyo NYC and mexico city have been there for a while. Plus demographics is one of the few areas we have under control. I remember reading books in the early ninety's discussing mega cities especially growth in Asia Africa and Latin America.

PS if american soldiers are ordered to assault american citizens and they collectively refuse they are now traitors and subject to death. Also that's the start of american civil war except with way way more people, deadlier weapons by orders of magnitude, and most likely intrusion from foreign powers. I bet if a civil war started mexico would reclaim it's territory

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join