It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Urges Preparations for Troops to Occupy NYC & Other “Megacities”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

HumansAreFree

A U.S. Army report warns that American troops need to be prepared to enter New York City and other global “megacities” in order to prevent civil unrest, political uprisings and protect key infrastructure and natural resources in the national interest.

The report, entitled Megacities and the United States Army (PDF), was released by the Chief of Staff of the Army, Strategic Studies Group.

Cautioning that the power of national governments to deal with the problems caused by increasing urbanization and the growth of megacities is “diminishing,” the report notes.

Given increasing concerns about martial law and the militarization of domestic law enforcement in the United States, some will be concerned to learn that one of these “megacities” where U.S. troops may operate is New York City.

Reasons given for why U.S. troops may be sent into major cities to deal with social dislocation include “unrest,” “income disparity,” “natural disasters,” and “illicit networks” who challenge state power.

According to the report, all of these problems will create “friction which compels future military intervention” that “will require boots on the ground.”

The document also spells out how many of these megacities represent “conduits for access to critical natural resources, like petroleum,” resource trends which represent “strategic key terrain in any future crisis that requires U.S. military intervention.”

There is really not much left to comment about other then someone was taking notes watching the Ferguson incident.
I guess all I can really say now is, "Welcome to the New America!"

AB

Add: Link to Army Chief of Staff PDF
edit on 9/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: Add

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Good, who wants them filthy Occupiers or whatever comes after them taking over cities and lowering quality of life for all by disrupting key infrastructure and distribution of essentials in their quest to fulfill their dear communist manifesto.
They plan for all eventualities whatever the times suggest, it is their duty.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I agree until those filthy Occupiers or whatever comes after them taking over cities and lowering quality of life for all by disrupting key infrastructure and distribution of essentials in their quest to fulfill their dear communist manifesto are our own troops.

Ain't that the truth!(total sarcasm by me)
edit on 9/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: clarification

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is it. It's happening.

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Good, who wants them filthy Occupiers or whatever comes after them taking over cities and lowering quality of life for all by disrupting key infrastructure and distribution of essentials in their quest to fulfill their dear communist manifesto.

Those "filthy Occupiers" ?? Real classy.
They were just your university students that showed more intelligence than you and your degenerate wall street thug boyfriends that need the army for protection since they are too frail to do anything for themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You would be surprised on how many different plans the US military has for different contingencies. The standard is to use what they have and know well, and then base plans off of the information that they have. There are a lot of problems and logistics that they could not even foresee when it comes to taking on a mega city.

Sides for the USA it is not the large cities that the military would have the most problems with, but the more rural areas, that are outside of its control, that is where the militia's exist.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

"The military polices the streets not to protect against a foreign invader but to enforce it's will on any who choose to oppose it" ~ David Quintieri

The author of that quote has a video on this topic:

The US Army is preparing for "Boots on the ground" in megacities according to a newly released report. This document is simply one of many interconnected dots whereby the Military Industrial Complex aims to control and quell the population, particularly those who decide not to be a part of the herd. With an economic COLLAPSE assuredly heading our way, we can't exclusively focus on stock tickers, mergers and acquisitions, and quarterly reports. We need to strategically dissect and discuss how the chips will fall and predict the outcomes, in order to protect ourselves and family. Evidently, the US Army is making preparations for a big event. Are you prepared?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was inclined to say "So what?" '' as the military should have plans for every eventuality, but these two paragraphs really stuck in my craw.

The document lists a number of recommendations to prepare U.S. troops for intervention in global megacities, one of which includes building, “civil-military partnerships to facilitate training, testing and experimentation in large U.S. cities.”

As we highlighted in a previous report, part of the U.S. Army’s preparations for occupying megacities also include the neutralization of groups “who can influence the lives of the population while undermining the authority of the state,” a chillingly vague description which could easily be applied to political dissidents.

Civil-military partnerships is rather frightening. I think most will read between the lines here. It sounds like sending our SF guys over as 'observers'. The part about neutralizing people that can undermine authority does sound like it's referring to political dissidents. Don't like the military controlling the city? Better not protest or you're in jail. Better not write about it, even if you're a journalist.

Slippery f-ing slope this is.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is just one more indicator to me that TPTB can predict revolutions simply because they are the ones BEHIND them.

The elite has been behind every revolution throughout history.

The OWS 'clashes' were staged.

ALL world events, including revolutions are carefully engineered and orchestrated behind the scenes.

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." ~ George Orwell's 1984

"Princeton historian James Billington (Fire in the Minds of Men) traces how all the revolutions were started by this occult elite.

"...the infiltration and take over (via revolutions) of all western governments with the USA as its "prize". Thru the centuries, the Illuminati has financed and promoted every revolution including The French and American Revolution." LINK

"Let us spread the spirit of revolution in the minds of the people."

Speeches at B'nai B'rith in 1936

College textbooks present war and revolution as accidental results of conflicting forces. This is nonsense, says Dr. Sutton. They are created and financed by Wall Street to create a new world order. But you won't read this in history books. www.savethemales.ca...

originally posted by: petrus4
The Illuminati use revolution as a means of institutional theft, or the re-acquisition of property into their own hands. They tell everyone else that the purpose of revolution is to make the common man free, but that is not their real purpose with it. Their real purpose is for everyone else to lose what they own during the looting and chaos, and they end up getting hold of it in the process.

That is what they did during the Depression, and again in 2008. It's the reason why they deliberately engineer economic systems with structural flaws and weaknesses built in. Eventually they know that they are going to want to crash the system. They do it in waves, and every time they do it, they end up with more and more property, and everyone else with less.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well it is no wonder that they would be preparing for this, those that have been guiding the "naive masses" have been steering us in this direction for a long time. Civil unrest has been cultivated and there is a myriad of triggers that can easily spark off significant conflict between the us and them.

What I find to be funny is the belief that they can actually control the civil unrest they intend to create. I mean sure you can have a militarized police force jacked up on their own megalomania, but when it comes down to it there is a natural resistance that is being cultivated in our being. We have a totalitarian force that has been built up all around us with not so benevolent intentions, with a grand conspiracy of ruling the world and those they consider less than themselves.

The true nature of reality is that we are all one, take that however you wish, those that have orchestrated this plan are destined to lose because they have been allowed to commit the horrors we currently see for many a reason. #1 being that we are to find our true strength and through a revolution of the mind overcome the obstacles before us. This is happening in every aspect of society as I type this.

I loved seeing the one protestor holding up a mirror to the militarized police force, for one thing that is not within the control of TPTB is their conscience! We are in the process of remembering our unity and no amount of social programming can stop this!

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmTuesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Many have seen this coming for years and now it's here. Back then the naysayers would chuckle and say NOT IN AMERICA...We have our constitution! We're free!

Now it's here and they are still saying the same. Only this time they say we need it for our safety...

...Cowards.

Do me a favor...When it's finally on our front lawns, Don't tell me that you have my back...I won't trust you behind me.

Peace

edit on 9-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

They were just your university students that showed more intelligence than you and your degenerate wall street thug boyfriends that need the army for protection since they are too frail to do anything for themselves.

Every story I read about them had them shatting all over public squares and raping those same naive university students who thought it was worthwhile. Oh and the commies took the peoples donations and ran off with the pots of gold.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm glad you read that it raised an eyebrow at the time, but I missed the 'civil' part. Reminds me of the Nazi SS program for rewarding non-SS citizens of Germany for information to the cause.

I don't want to say it just yet but things are starting to look pretty bad. The fact that they are paying someone to write this report and come up with ideas is alarming by itself. Are we that much of a threat?

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF ITS GOVERNMENT, GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE AFRAID OF ITS PEOPLE! (You know the movie. . .)

If it gets worse I hope all that were forewarned and didn't heed the warnings find a way to keep yourselves safe. I myself am glad I'm out of the city but I'm still very close, too close. I made a contingency plan for just such an event years ago, laughing about it after I did it. I think it might be time to start thinking about it again, but I hope not, we'll have to wait and see what happens for now.
edit on 9/9/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Every story I read about them had them shatting all over public squares and raping those same naive university students who thought it was worthwhile. Oh and the commies took the peoples donations and ran off with the pots of gold.

Stop watching FOX and CNN...Maybe then you'll get some truth.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I was inclined to say "So what?" '' as the military should have plans for every eventuality, but these two paragraphs really stuck in my craw.

The document lists a number of recommendations to prepare U.S. troops for intervention in global megacities, one of which includes building, “civil-military partnerships to facilitate training, testing and experimentation in large U.S. cities.”

As we highlighted in a previous report, part of the U.S. Army’s preparations for occupying megacities also include the neutralization of groups “who can influence the lives of the population while undermining the authority of the state,” a chillingly vague description which could easily be applied to political dissidents.

Civil-military partnerships is rather frightening. I think most will read between the lines here. It sounds like sending our SF guys over as 'observers'. The part about neutralizing people that can undermine authority does sound like it's referring to political dissidents. Don't like the military controlling the city? Better not protest or you're in jail. Better not write about it, even if you're a journalist.

Slippery f-ing slope this is.

If a city is taken over all the peoples rights in the city vanish in an instant, it is up to the military and police to retake it and put it back under the blanket of the Constitution. What is wrong with that?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Great post.
They are floating little trial balloons and it is scary.
I hope we don't get a false flag event on Thursday.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
LMAO, I honestly don't think people underatand how vast the United States is. Even folks that were born and raised here.

No police force, no invading Country, not even our own military can contain "we the people"...

For those of you that want to live in fear, enjoy your doom and do what you're told like a good little sheep.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Hold the heck up here. Whatever happened to no standing army on domestic ground?

Is there something in the Patriot act that now allows them to do this? Good grief we are in huge trouble.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

What is wrong with that?

A lot in my opinion. That's a lot of power to hold over people and those that do may have very different views as to what rights should remain.

Look what happened during Katrina and to a lesser extent Ferguson. If an entire 'megacity' (it's going to irritate me seeing people say that all the time now) blows up your rights to travel, free speech, gun ownership etc. are going out the window. No telling how long before you get them back.

I don't know if you're familiar with my posting but I'm usually pretty far removed from police state bandwagoning and the like. This is one of the first times I've felt worried. The thing about combating people who hold influence with the general populace is disturbing. Is that just people trying to have a ridiculous commie takeover or anyone that doesn't agree 100% with the current climate in politics? The military and the police working together sounds rather benign, until we learn that in actuality the police are being directed by the military/sharing everything with the military.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I feel like you didn't bother to read the thread and only glanced at the title. This has nothing to do with the "occupy" protests.

@OP:

Looks like they're trying to get martial law in place without actually calling it marital law.

Is It just me, or does it seem like NY is the test bed of totalitarian government these days?
edit on 9-9-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join