It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you cry?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Okay Iam a forty year old fella and I had a right good cry about five times tonight and I feel great
Don't need to go into the details at all but I wanna see If you can have a good cry and do you think it is good for you?.
If you don't have a go It is like a weight has been lifted.
Anyhow i have had a beer and am drunkposting..but honest.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Its good for you I've recently experienced tears of joy from an unlikely 'event' .... It lifted me

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Nothing better. A good racking cry in the shower or tub and the whole world looks better.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
almost daily anymore. Never use to?
Why? Cause there is so much wrong with my life and the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, but that's about all I'm going to say.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Having a good old cry can allow one to defrag ones mind, and tackle certain emotional leftovers that stern, crushing tension just cannot possibly account for with the same aplomb.

I tend to save mine up over the course of an extended period, and then just let rip for an hour or so, every once in a while.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Crying releases endorphins into your bloodstream to make you feel happy. Hence the sayign , a good cry will make you feel better.

Before my first child was born I only had one good cry. I was 22 and had to say goodbye to my sister (30) who died of pneumonia in her sleep. Glad I had my best friend in the morgue with me, only person to ever see me cry like a bitch.

Now as I said with the birth of my 1st and now 2nd (I'm 26) I weep daily with joy that my kids bring me especially when they progress or excel at tasks. I can easily understand how a dad will blindly protect his kinds fueled by raw emotions, don't ever be that guy between a dad and his kid.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
No .. tend to swear in half dozen languages .. drink... fire up a smoke and charlie mike ... if things extremely bad then go conduct cutting practice with my sword ..

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Only after sex.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've never really been a crier, at least after the age of about sixteen. I think I've cried maybe three or four times since then, I've had tears in my eyes from laughing to much, I' cried for a week straight when my dog was put down, I dont have children and treated him like one, when My mother had a heart attack and had to have a triple heart bypass at six in the morning, I think I balled my eyes out until I knew she was out of the operation and was on the mend which was about a full day but those were far between - My dog, Elvis, died about six years ago, Mum had her operation about four years ago and I've not really had a cry since.

It's not something that I think is bad. I know a lot of people say having a cry is good for you but I've never really been able to get upset over things beyond those I've mentioned. I've always been jealous of people who can just cry but nope, never been able to and trust me, if you knew me in the real world and not the ATS universe, you'd be shocked that I wasn't a crier. I'm what some might call a bit of a weakling. lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Only after sex.

Uuumm... would that be tears of joy or tears of grief lol

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I cry often enough. There is always something bad happening or the great potential for something really bad to happen. All things that I have no control over. I'm at the point where I just feel I have been through too much for too long and there doesn't seem to be much light at the end of the tunnel.

For whatever is bothering you boymonkey and everyone else...HUGS!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I hardly cry. Know being female and all I should,but it gives me a headache and makes my eyes red and runny nose. Ack
Forget it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's very hard to me cry, I only cry if something very serious happens. I cried very much when I was little

edit on 9-9-2014 by Yuuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I do.
Sometimes it is a movie that will bring tears usually joy, sometimes sadness.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I used too cry all the time i was pretty depressed and it always brought on anxiety attscks i don't get that so much anymore unless i am really really upset about something, but i do cry a bit yeah mostly sad tv shows and movies make me cry i think im just super sensitive haha! But when things in my life are really bad i find that a good cry helps get it all out and im usually left feeling alot better afterwards.. !

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I haven't cried since my first Golden Retriever died back in '95. I've never been an emotional type of guy and I wish I was. I can't say I learned it from my father, because he passed away when I was only 2 years-old. I have no idea why I'm not emotional. I know I was the life of the party when I was in high school, but something changed after I started attending college.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Nope i seem to be a emotional black hole i cannot remember crying in my adult life even for close family , i have thought about that a few times over the decades and especially at the grave of the couple who raised me , i am a empty vessel it seem's

tomorrow is a new day bud

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I cry, but it takes it's time to get there sometimes.

Cried after every move I've made, because it's never been home to me (plus, moving out the day after graduating school isn't the best, especially when you know all your friends are at the all-nighter, and your younger generation friends won't see you except for special occasions).

Had a nice long cry 3 days after my first kiss, only because the person that I shared the kiss with ran off, and left my poor memory scarred with her image (not that I'm complaining too much; at least she was hot, and it was a memorable night, so my tears at the time were an oxymoron, happy for the memory, but annoyed at the fact she was gone already).

And, because I'm already boring people to tears, I cried in public over my companion for life puppy's death, cried in secret for my parent's divorce, and have cried over work at least a dozen times.

In short: Yep, I let the tears flow freely, but not to the point where I'm red-eyed all the time.
-fossilera

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

crying is good for you. It releases chemicals into the brain.
not sure what the chemical is called... might be seratonin? either way... crying is good for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join