It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart News says IRS targeted company for audit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Surprise Surprise !!!

Looks like Breitbart was hit for audit when the IRS asked for numerous records, documents and logs.

The IRS is looking at Breitbart's 2012 information.

The IRS says they can't comment.

I think this was predicted somewhere.

The company that runs the conservative Breitbart.com news site says the IRS has selected the network for an audit, in a move company executives suggest is politically motivated.

Breitbart News Network, a California-based company which runs several conservative websites, says the IRS recently audited its 2012 financial information.

"The Obama administration's timing on this is exquisite, but try as they might through various methods to silence us, we will only get more emboldened,” Stephen K. Bannon, executive chairman of Breitbart News Network, said in a written statement.

Breitbart News says IRS targeted company for audit

I bet Breitbart's comments are something like this:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
And I will bet any Tea Party group or anyone that made over $5000 on internet banner ads claiming "You REALLY DON'T HAVE TO PAY TAXES! WHAT THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE" was audited, too.

You scream NO TAXES!!! Guess who is gonna come knocking?

It's like a pyromanic screaming "MORE FIRES!!! MORE FREEDOM!!!" And not expect the fire commission to keep an eye on him. This has been done to death. Read some UFO stuff, X-man...you're starting to seem like a one trick pony. And that horse done been flogged.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fox news reporting on breitbart reporting they are getting audited... Shocker that no one else picked this one up.
If they wanted to silence brietbart, they wouldn't use the IRS, they would use the FCC.
Unless they are trying to say the IRS is going to shut them down financially with tax audits, give me a break.

In this case, it remains unclear whether the apparent audit of Breitbart News is anything out of the ordinary. The IRS conducts audits of tens of thousands of businesses every year.

Can we stop with the political scandal baiting?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hello Mr. X,

"The Obama administration's timing on this is exquisite, but try as they might through various methods to silence us, we will only get more emboldened,” Stephen K. Bannon, executive chairman of Breitbart News Network, said in a written statement."

I have no knowledge of this audit, but I will say that an IRS audit is probably the worst way to silence an adversary.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thats all the OP does. Mudslinging and such.
Don't care If they remove the comment it is still true.
edit on 9-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I wonder whether the IRS had audited any pro AGW businesses or institutions.

dmdatabases.com...

By random probability the chances of being audited are about 1 in 6000 per year.

Times 20 years is a probability of 1 in 300.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

dmdatabases.com...

By random probability the chances of being audited are about 1 in 6000 per year.

What is the probability of being audited three times in five years?

And what is the probability of being audited in 3 times in five years? This happened to my Dad's company.

From what I read, this is the second time in 3 years, what is the probability of that?

edit on 9-9-2014 by artnut because: hit the wrong button...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It should be completely random, right?

If it happens more than once in a few years, what then?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

dmdatabases.com...

What is the probability of being audited three times in five years?

And what is the probability of being audited in 3 times in five years? This happened to my Dad's company.

From what I read, this is the second time in 3 years, what is the probability of that?

I heard on the radio that information or informants can influence the choice of whom to audit. I also heard that turning in a tax cheat entitles the informant to a cash prize.

"Avoid the appearance of Evil" as some Mormon friends say.

However, the IRS can audit anyone anytime for no reason at all.

The odds of 3 audits in Five years is about 1/300 to the third power, or 1/27000000, or 27,000,000 to 1.
edit on 9-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Interesting. My Dad was found to have no evidence of fraud in all three cases, so there was no prior suspicion.

He did however, have to deal with not employing enough female workers, per government quotas. He owns a road boring company, and is decently successful. It turns out that not many women apply for road construction jobs, yet it was a fight for him to stay compliant. Perhaps that raised a flag, because seriously, three times in five years is just plain ridiculous. It cost the company money to fight this crap. Perhaps the IRS should pay for the extra work dealing with the audits that are found to be unsubstantial?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: artnut

The IRS shouldn't be there at all. Since it is, a person must assume that the government can do what ever it wants to, or whatever it can get away with.

I try to keep my income low, which is easy for me because I'm lazy, unless something is interesting.

If I ever do start a company, making solar panels or something, I will keep in mind the quota criterion.

Thanks for the information and my sympathies go out to your father.

edit on 9-9-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Fox news reporting on breitbart reporting they are getting audited... Shocker that no one else picked this one up.
If they wanted to silence brietbart, they wouldn't use the IRS, they would use the FCC.
Unless they are trying to say the IRS is going to shut them down financially with tax audits, give me a break.

In this case, it remains unclear whether the apparent audit of Breitbart News is anything out of the ordinary. The IRS conducts audits of tens of thousands of businesses every year.

The political scandal baiting will probably stop when left wing news companies also get an IRS audit. So far it appears to be a political tool for the IRS, whom are run by a liberal union and admit to being an overwhelming majority of liberal employees, I believe it is over 80%, perhaps someone else has the actual number.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This paragraph in the article is important and needs to be posted again:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Yes.

The "odds" are this is random and routine and 100% without prejudice.

Probably something to do with Breitbart's "sudden" death a few years back.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Maybe you would feel better if the IRS got ahold of every users informatition on ATS and did audits on all of us would that make you feel better. Feel the love and spread it around.
edit on 9-9-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Someone else mentioned the odds, 1 in 6000. Every year. Those are really, really good odds.

The odds of being audited are way better than getting struck by lightning, 1 in 10,000 over a lifetime, dying in a plane crash, 1 in 11 million, being injured by a toilet, 1 in 10,000.

I mean, tens of thousands of businesses are audited every year. It happens once to the Breitbart company and suddenly it's 'targeting!'

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I mean, tens of thousands of businesses are audited every year. It happens once to the Breitbart company and suddenly it's 'targeting!'

Where is "Targeting" suggested?

But since you mention that......well...perhaps the IRS is headhunting again?

But I was going to "suggest" Breitbart's death may have jammed up some finances because of wills, trusts, ownership transfers, etc.etc.

Lots of accounting and legal mistakes get made when that happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see the list of audited companies. To see if there are any patterns such as being outspoken politically or if there are high numbers in some districts and none in others.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Well since somebody suggested targeting.....

Wouldn't ya know it, Breitbart exposed some "special" audit targeting just last Feb 12th.

Coincidence Feb 12th is Lincoln's birthday, and Lincoln was assassinated on April 15th.

Hmmm.

(story dated Feb 12, 2014)
IRS Targets Tea Party and Conservative Non-Profits for Audit

Breitbart hit nerves.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Where is "Targeting" suggested?

The title of the thread...

a reply to: guitarplayer

It would be interesting to see a list. I think there are privacy laws against that though.

top topics

join