It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights In The Sky Last Night 09/08/14 in Rural VA

page: 1y
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And no, I did not get photos or video although I tried...just to get that question out of the way. This is not the first UFO sighting that I have experienced, but it was definitely the longest duration and I had an amazing view of it across the Northeast pasture, unencumbered by trees or cloud cover. I have also never seen this particular type of UFO...in the past, it has been red/orange "orbs" and things masquerading as stars in the sky.

I had a friend over last night and we were sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee and talking about (of all things) genetic manipulation and "super soldiers", and had the music blaring quite loudly in the background, so when I got a call on my cell phone I just decided to step outside where it was quiet to answer it. The phone call came in at 2236 EST. As soon as I stepped out on the porch I looked up and saw what I at first thought was a plane, far in the distance to the NE, with blinking lights and a sort of soft backlit glow. As I was talking on the phone, I had my eye on it, anticipating it growing closer and starting its landing approach. After a few minutes, I realized that it wasn't getting closer. I was deep in conversation but still kept my eyes on it to check its position, because it was really weird that it wasn't getting any closer.

Eleven minutes later, it was still not growing any closer to me so I ended my phone conversation and stuck my head inside the house to get my friend's attention, asking him to come outside and tell me what he saw out there. He didn't have his glasses, so his vision was a bit blurred, but he said it looked like a plane coming in for a landing...except for the lights, which were the "wrong colors" and were blinking way too rapidly to be an airplane. He also said that it didn't appear to be moving. I decided to walk out to the edge of the field to investigate further. He declined to join me (chickened out, really).

What I saw: A dark, "blurry edged" sphere with what appeared to be a flat band or strip encircling it like a belt or a ring (think Saturn) and on this structure were very bright lights; red, green, orange, white, blue, yellow and purple, flashing in sequence like those annoying christmas lights people are so fond of putting on their houses every year. The object appeared to be hovering and as I watched it displayed sort of a "bouncing" behavior, as if it were buoyant, then resumed hovering. It never changed position other than the bouncing. The dark sphere appeared to be spinning in a counter-clockwise direction, while the ring of lights was spinning around it in the opposite direction. There was one light that seemed to be on the bottom of the object, larger than the rest and appeared to be strobing or pulsing in no discernible pattern.

The outdoor conditions: The sky was brightly lit by the Full Moon, clear with just a scattering of clouds to the SW. It was about 57 degrees with a slight intermittent breeze...just enough to make me wish I had a heavier sweater, but I wasn't about to leave that field.

Other stuff: There are 20 horses on the property and they are usually spread out among several paddocks (they roam free on the property), but eleven of them were crowded into the NE pasture and were chuffing and stamping a bit, acting agitated and dancing around in circles. Also, the dogs in the pens outside were whining and jumping at the fence, acting agitated as well. There was also a strange sensation of a "humming" in the air, although I couldn't actually hear it...it was more like a vibration that I could feel all over my body.

I stood out there for an entire hour. I tried to take photos with my cell phone camera but none of them came out...the camera isn't the best, nor is it made for taking photos at night. I tried to take video footage, but again, nothing would show up. I tried numerous times, from different angles, with the light on, without it, with flash, without flash, etc. and....no luck. And no, I didn't have access to another camera, or binoculars, or a telescope, or a camcorder, or a news crew, or the Hubble...or anything other than my cell phone (just getting those pesky questions out of the way to save the poo-poohers the trouble of attempting to pick me apart like carrion buzzards on a dead bunny). I wished mightily for cool techno toys, but apparently the genie had taken the night off. So all I have is my testimony, sorry to disappoint.

At the fifty-minute mark, one lone helicopter showed up and made a beeline for the object. I couldn't tell if it was a black helicopter or white or polka-dotted, but it was definitely a helicopter and was definitely approaching the object with a singular quickness. A couple of seconds after I spotted the helicopter, the object shot straight up into the sky and the lights on it suddenly went crazy...flashing so bright they hurt my eyes and no longer in sequence, but wildly and in all directions at once. The white strobe on the bottom became impossibly bright and then the object disappeared. Just "poof!". Gone. The helicopter circled around a couple of times and then started flying in the general direction of my house. At that point, I suddenly felt very exposed and became nervous enough to go back inside, whereupon I immediately put in a report to MUFON.

I checked the sky numerous times again before I finally went to bed, but saw no reemergence of the object. I'll be back out there tonight, watching for it again. I can't explain it, but I felt like it (or they) knew I was out there and that I saw it (them). So hopefully I'll be lucky enough for an encore. Did anyone else see something last night? Here is the link for MUFON; my case number is 59679: UFO REPORT 59679

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Borrow someones camera. Or buy one that is capable of taking those shots. Just in case this comes back, or the orbs you have seen or false stars.
edit on 9-9-2014 by abe froman because: asdfghjkl;

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I just moved out here from another state and don't know anyone, or I'd do just that....but I swear I saw a telescope on one of the neighbors' back deck, so I'm betting that he/she also watches the sky and just may have a camera that would do the trick.
I am really hoping it comes back tonight.

ETA: My friend just told me he's trying to borrow his boss's digital camera in case my "friend" makes another appearance
Fingers crossed that he trusts him with it!

edit on 30323America/ChicagoTue, 09 Sep 2014 15:32:58 -050030pm30251America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: update

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Kinda curious about the helicopter - was it close enough to get an idea of what kind it was? Direction it came from?

I believe the Culpeper sheriff's department owns a Robinson, and a lot of the ambulance services around here use a rather distinctive-looking Eurocopter, the National Guard may have some Blackhawks they fly - if it were the Sheriff, you might just call the aviation section and see if they'll tell you anything interesting.

Yeah, don't bother with the "night flash" on you camera on a long-distance target
If you don't want to spend much, can often pick up a perfectly adequate 2- or 3-year-old or so used or refurbed Canon or Nikon at pawn or Ebay for like $15-30, which have better night performance than most modern cell cams ...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Would it be possible to see some of the stuff that you filmed? The audio might be interesting to poke at with software at least. Radar records would be worth looking at as well.

You mention other sightings: what kind of frequency do you see these things? Do you have old mines on the property?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Been seeing these as you describe for a while, I also started a thread about them. Wow, there are more people seeing the fake star UFO's than I realized. Perhaps its just that now with the internet we can communicate easier.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And yes, they like to synchronize their appearances with your actions. It has happened too many times for me to pass it off as coincidence. The whole thing is freakin weird to begin with even without the perfect timing.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: squittles

Kinda curious about the helicopter - was it close enough to get an idea of what kind it was? Direction it came from?

The helicopter came from the Southeast. I couldn't tell if it was military or civilian, but it was flying low enough for me to hear it and it was pretty large because I could see its silhouette. It wasn't a small one, like the ones the news stations have. And it was moving really fast. The sky was very bright, so I had pretty good visibility. I've been searching for other reports in the area but so far have found none. I didn't even think about it being from the Sheriff's department...I work in Culpeper but I'm very new to the area so I didn't realize they even had a helicopter.

I saw it again last night when I went to take the trash out, along with two helicopters, one to each side of it. By the time I got back inside to get my phone it was gone, but the helicopters circled around for quite a while. There were aircraft too but I am pretty sure they were just normal air traffic...it was around 2130 or so, still relatively early.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

Would it be possible to see some of the stuff that you filmed? The audio might be interesting to poke at with software at least. Radar records would be worth looking at as well.

You mention other sightings: what kind of frequency do you see these things? Do you have old mines on the property?

I can post the pics and see if maybe someone on ATS has the capability to do something with them. They came out completely dark...a couple of them have some peripheral lights from the vehicles' reflectors in the driveway, etc. but I'll post them. I'm not sure how to post the video...I have a Linux laptop and it won't work on there but I'll try to upload it from my cell phone.

I recently moved from San Antonio, TX and that's where I've seen the other things...there are tons of UFO sightings there. As far as old mines, I don't know but I can tell you that the entire property is embedded with quartz, aventurine and granite. There is also a creek that runs from North to South along the entire length of the property. You can feel the raw energy as soon as you step foot on the property.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: magnecore

Been seeing these as you describe for a while, I also started a thread about them. Wow, there are more people seeing the fake star UFO's than I realized. Perhaps its just that now with the internet we can communicate easier.

I have seen the fake stars numerous times while I was in TX and I actually had a neighbor that saw one hovering over the parking lot of the apartment complex and she said it followed her all the way to her building. She called 911 and they just laughed at her. I think lots of people see them but either don't know they can report their sightings or just don't think anyone will believe them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Exciting stuff. I have become somewhat of a novice UFO researcher since my sighting back in 2008. My big interest is something called the "Oz Factor". I learned of it from a book by Jenny Randles en.wikipedia.org...

Did you have any feelings other than feeling exposed when the helicopters showed up? Did you have any aches or pains soon after or when you woke in the morning?

Really interesting, thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Did you have any feelings other than feeling exposed when the helicopters showed up? Did you have any aches or pains soon after or when you woke in the morning?

Really interesting, thanks for posting.

Actually, yes. I felt really tired and had dizzy spells all day long yesterday and got so dizzy last night that I went to bed early.

And thank you

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ok guys...I am not very good at navigating how to upload things on here. These are the photos I took. I cannot figure out how to upload the 30 secs or so of video I got...it's on my phone and it won't work when I try to upload it, but it's just basically the same thing as the photos. I hope that someone can work some magic with these and actually get something to show up.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good sighting ! Well said and explained ! and Kudos
for taking the time to Mufon it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

How high and how far from you do you think it was when you took the photos?

Could you explain any feelings that you were having while looking at it?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Good sighting ! Well said and explained ! and Kudos
for taking the time to Mufon it.

Thank you
I was very disappointed that I couldn't get better photos but I wanted to make sure I at least was able to document exactly what I saw...you never know, someone else might have seen it too. I keep hoping someone will speak up and say they saw it!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

How high and how far from you do you think it was when you took the photos?

Could you explain any feelings that you were having while looking at it?

You know, I can't say for sure because I have no idea how large the craft was...MUFON asks that same question and I answered 500 ft to one mile because it was the furthest distance range they suggested. Either it was really large or it was pretty close because I could see it quite clearly even though it was at night.

As for the feelings I had, there was that strange humming or thrumming feeling all over my body, and I had the distinct feeling that whoever was inside the thing could see me and knew I was watching it. My eyes were very red and sort of itching/stinging after I went back inside, but I dismissed it as being eye strain or pollen. Yesterday, I was having some pretty severe dizzy spells and it got really bad last night...no warning, just walking around and all of a sudden would almost fall down, get really nauseated...had to go to bed early because it got so bad. Today I'm better, but still feel just really exhausted and not like myself at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have always wondered why UFO s would have lights on them.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I have always wondered why UFO s would have lights on them.

That is curious to me too. I don't believe the Space Shuttle even had external lights on it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

I have always wondered why UFO s would have lights on them

I have wondered the same thing. Maybe it is a form of communication, like we use Morse Code? I think the pulsing light I saw at the bottom of the craft was some type of propulsion...like afterburners on a shuttle or maybe a chemical reaction from whatever power source they use that manifests itself as a very bright light, because it was not pulsing in a consistent pattern and seemed to be only lighting up when the object was "bouncing" and then again when it became so impossibly bright right before it winked out of the sky. I am wondering if that could have been what made my eyes get so red and burning/stinging, because it really hurt my eyes when the thing lit up full force. Maybe it emitted some type of light that our eyes are too sensitive to handle?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join