It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOE SWAT team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A friend of mine, recently got out of the air force, he was a fellow security forces member like me. I was talking to him the other day, and asked him what he was doing now. He told me he was part of the DOE swat team. I did a search for anything related to this and all I found was one page that actually talked about the DOE swat team.
This got me wondering, if there are other agencies within our government that has "special purpose" teams. I wonder if DOE is the only department that does, I wonder if the Department of Agriculture has some special team for example. I wonder what kind of jurisdiction these teams have, like do they only have jurisdiction over the resoucres assigned to their agency? I was just wondering if anyone would have any information on this, as my searches are turning up nothing, maybe I'm just not searching in the best way. Thank you for reading this, and here is the link to the DOE swat team if any of you want to check it out.
link
I found another link where it talks a little bit more about them. I will post that also.
link 2

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think the reason the DOE has a SRT at Y12 is due to the fact that they constantly deal with nuclear material and weapons. The things that they handle on a day-to-day basis could pose a serious threat to everyone if it fell into the wrong hands.

The nature of the department of agriculture doesn't really seem like it would dictate the need for any type of SRT. I'm sure there are a few domestic teams that we don't know about, and probably wont for a very long time, if ever. The majority of teams that we don't know about, however, are most likley operate overseas.

This is from the same site where you got your DOE infromation, and it covers most of the government special operations teams that are in the public domain.
www.specialoperations.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
DOE swat team eh? Pretty whacky. Guess they'll be airdropping into tehran any day now eh?

I guess that if the Treasury Department coudl have agents working against illegal liquor operations then almost any department could right?

Heck those postal workers sure are well armed. And the DMVs must have some sort of plan for dealing with riots.

join