It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Crime Rate Drops As Concealed Carry Applications Surge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Seems that Chicago has been seeing a pretty steady decline in crime. Seems it started well before the CC law. Seems sort of silly to credit the CC law for the decline.
crime.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure Illinois has had CC long enough to show solid statistics. But, let's hope this trend continues.

It has always amazed/frustrated/angered/saddened me that anti gunners just don't get it. Police/govt are not going to be able to protect you. They won't be there when something happens. All they can do is take a report, investigate and MAYBE catch the person responsible. All while you are burying your wife or son or daughter......or they are burying you.
Or may be they're "lucky" and not dead. "Just" beaten, raped or crippled for life. How would it feel knowing you may have stopped it? And don't say "We live an a safe part of town, a nice neighborhood". Home invasions usually happen to people with more valuables.
More gun laws only effect the people who follow them.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Seems that Chicago has been seeing a pretty steady decline in crime. Seems it started well before the CC law. Seems sort of silly to credit the CC law for the decline.

Well it's too early to say that it had. I doubt that many of the people in the high crime areas could qualify for CCW, so I really don't think that we'd see much change due to it in those areas. One would have to take a large time period sampling, over at least a year or two, and evaluate based on regions and CCW permits associated with those regions.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Well it's too early to say that it had. I doubt that many of the people in the high crime areas could qualify for CCW, so I really don't think that we'd see much change due to it in those areas. One would have to take a large time period sampling, over at least a year or two, and evaluate based on regions and CCW permits associated with those regions.

I think you are right a long term study is in order, but first quarter results show a 56 year low. Thats pretty hard to argue with. Thats a lot of hot summers and cold winters, that the anti's would like to claim is the answer.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I think you are right a long term study is in order, but first quarter results show a 56 year low. Thats pretty hard to argue with.
What's hard to do is assign that low to CC. Especially since the crime rate has been falling since well before the law came into effect and there is no apparent sudden drop, just the usual seasonal variation.
edit on 9/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What are you? Some kind of "Rational human"?? Get off this thread, Phage, we only work off unproven assumptions here!

edit on 11-9-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

that often seems to be phage's problem... he's too rational and level headed.. which makes the threads fun to read because it causes discussion, or more discussion, and not just people attempting to shout over one another.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace

I think you are right a long term study is in order, but first quarter results show a 56 year low. Thats pretty hard to argue with.
What's hard to do is assign that low to CC. Especially since the crime rate has been falling since well before the law came into effect and there is no apparent sudden drop, just the usual seasonal variation.

And that's why one has to look at the issue across, not only several seasons, but also regions. As I've said before, in many of these regions, very few of the people would qualify for CC licenses as they are heavy with the criminal element.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join