It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enigmatic Energy Towers Of Ancient Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Has anyone stated that there was a steady increase in tech and knowledge throughout early history?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nice thread slayer

I have not come across these before. as with many ancient sites they generate more questions than they provide answers IMO.
Looking at the vids I was very curious why the stones had been hollowed out where they join up with other stones, at first I thought they had been constructed with a mortice and tenon approach on the joints. But Brian says there are no male counter parts to the female hollowed stones.
Why on earth would they bother to hollow out the stones? and in a seemingly random fashion from what I can
tell from the footage.

The construction work reminds me of that used at Cusco so I would imagine they were made by the same culture (also supposedly the Inca) As to there purpose? Your guess is as good as mine. Ones things for certain as with other lost cultures through out the world they had a propensity for working with very large blocks of stone.
I think surely they must have had some technique for shifting and shaping stone that we just aren't aware of or giving them credit for, not officially anyway.

edit on 13-9-2014 by surfer_soul because: strange formatting

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Perhaps those hollowed out areas held the ends of wooden poles. Poles that either made up a covering at the opening or some such thing?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
God slayer its hard to disagree with u about anything when u post stuff like This

So hard

a reply to: SLAYER69

edit on pm920143005America/ChicagoSat, 13 Sep 2014 17:37:23 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

But the hollows are made at the points where the stones join up, that would make for very short wooden poles.
Perhaps though they had stones wedged in the hollowed bits, as a way of further strengthening the joints?
That could be reasonable.
Or perhaps the cavity's had something to do with the resonance of the structures in some way? I have no idea.
Another interesting feature are the lumps protruding from the north face of the structures, why would these be deliberately left on the blocks rather than having a smooth surface? These features are also found on other structures
utilizing this kind of construction technique, and again appear to serve no apparent purpose.
Very strange indeed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Ah... so I misunderstood the direction of the cavities.

Perhaps they used wood in the cavities to hold the stones together in place, and the wood has since rotted and weathered out, leaving the cavity.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: howmuch4another

There are quite a few location involving the Incas that appear to blown apart or being damaged by what appears to be the result of some sort of explosion or massive upheaval.

It sure do!

By the way Peter Tomkins in his book "Secrets of the Soil" back in 89 postulated that Irish round towers were actually a sort of lunar energy magnification device, that could be tuned by filling them to a certain height, that aided crop growth. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

This reminds me of the following image....

These deals look like nothing but stylized west eastern sun gateways with the wings dropped down on posts minus the façade.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Slayer, as always....

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this since I haven't read through all replies, but I find it interesting that these towers are called "Chupas" or Chulpas."

In Spanish, the word chupa means to suck or draw, like the chupacabra or goatsucker. If the name of these towers is describing their function, then what were they sucking?

If they were used for storage, why not call them Almacen or deposito?

Anyway, thanks for another fine thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: holyTerror

Chullpa. It's a modern(ish) name and did not originally apply to the towers.

The word was used in the 19th century and comes from the Dictionary of Ludovico Bertonio (1612). Bertonio referred to the basket burials of the semi-nomadic pastoralists as "chulpas" and actually referred to stone towers as "uta Amaya" "houses of the soul". However, the term "chullpa" remains used today for the towers

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9/14/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join