It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania mother who gave daughter abortion pill gets prison

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Secondly, since we are talking about context. It is disingenuous to state that ACOG represents most or even a majority of OB/GYN physicians. Certainly it is a professional and a lobbying group, but it is not the certifying organization. That is ABOG "The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology" out of Dallas, Texas. THAT organization certifies every board certified OB/GYN in the country www.abog.org.... ACOG is a lobbying group out of Washington, D.C. m.acog.org...

You are being intentionally deceptive when you claim a D.C. lobbying group represents the opinions of America's OB/GYN physicians.

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), formerly the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, is a professional association of physicians specializing in obstetrics and gynecology in the United States. It has a membership of over 55,000[1] and represents 90 percent of U.S. board-certified obstetrician-gynecologists.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

The certification Board never gets involved in anything except certifications, so it's disingenuous to imply that ABOG would have anything to do with this subject. The only way it's related at all is that Ob/gyns must be certified before they can be a member of ACOG. ACOG is made up of practicing Ob/gyns. If a doctor doesn't agree with ACOG's policies and official statements, I suppose he/she could drop out of the organization, but it looks like 90 percent of the nation's ob/gyns have stuck with ACOG. So I would say that ACOG adequately represents the majority of obstetricians and gynecologists.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

First you said that my comment was removed for a "Manners Violation", then you say it was removed for being "Off Topic". Are you sure you even have the right thread for said comment?

Look, if you're so sure of what I said, why don't you post your original post, to which I replied, "This and That"?

Why are you so worried about some supposed comment, that you say was removed? Are you afraid I'm keeping a data base of your posts?

NO. I'm pointing out the hypocritical stance of you complaining about "bullying" when you enjoy doing that yourself. It's a simple yes or no question. Did you post those words or not? You can wriggle as much as you want but I think we are getting to see where your integrity lies.

Just tell me yes or no, the truth, and I'll leave this thread.
edit on 14-9-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Do you argue just to argue?

I have come to that conclusion.

Doc, you've told me plenty of times that I have no business discussing military issues because I haven't served... It's not surprising to see that you don't apply that same reasoning to yourself... Men making abortion their business is the very CRUX of the problem around this issue. Thanks for being part of the problem.

originally posted by: Bone75
I have plenty of good reasons to kill my ex-wife, she's made my life and my kid's lives a living hell.

Well, that explains a lot about your attitude toward women. Your lack of understanding astounds me...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Annee
Do you argue just to argue?

I have come to that conclusion.

Doc, you've told me plenty of times that I have no business discussing military issues because I haven't served... It's not surprising to see that you don't apply that same reasoning to yourself... Men making abortion their business is the very CRUX of the problem around this issue. Thanks for being part of the problem.

I have plenty of good reasons to kill my ex-wife, she's made my life and my kid's lives a living hell.

Well, that explains a lot about your attitude toward women. Your lack of understanding astounds me...

A couple of things. Firstly, I have been involved with abortion in a way that is different but almost just as intimate as you have, so does that mean I can say that you have no business discussing the methods of abortion until you've done one?

Secondly, I'd agree to a point. "Never invite the man into your life" is a wise saying. If there were no public funding, everyone paid for their own abortions, then the public would have no business getting involved in the why and when and how. Once people demand public funding, of anything form food to abortions to other medical care, they also automatically invite the public into the situation.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Apparently a triple post. I'm on fire.
edit on 14-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

link   
Sorry, a double post.
edit on 14-9-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, sometimes 'the man' is required in the sense that it should have formed a basic regulating body for the safe operation of things.

We all pay taxes to this entity, so we should be able to rely on it for certain things, when required.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It is a report of something third hand.

Obviously it's not. It's a statement issued by the ORG itself.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Well, sometimes 'the man' is required in the sense that it should have formed a basic regulating body for the safe operation of things.

We all pay taxes to this entity, so we should be able to rely on it for certain things, when required.

Well, fair enough, however, when we expect "the man" to provide for us, then we should also expect "the man" to have some say in how it's done as that is the very nature of the state. One cannot both expect total autonomy and being cared for at the same time. We have roads to drive on, but how, when, and how fast those roads are used is determined by the people via their legislative bodies. One cannot use a public road and not have to expect that said road has rules and regulations, even if you don't like them and feel they are restrictive, they are there.

OTOH, if you have a private road, such as a racetrack, that is not publicly funded, you can drive as fast as you want.

When one puts himself under the care of the public, one loses autonomy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Your lack of understanding astounds me...

You're right... I don't understand at all. I hear heart-wrenching stories like yours and can't help but wonder how you all have become so bipolar on this issue. One minute its a precious little living being growing inside of you, and the next its just a worthless clump of parasitic cells. I just don't get it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That's a view that I can't fault, as much as I'd like to. What a bloody world.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Your lack of understanding astounds me...

You're right... I don't understand at all. I hear heart-wrenching stories like yours and can't help but wonder how you all have become so bipolar on this issue. One minute its a precious little living being growing inside of you, and the next its just a worthless clump of parasitic cells. I just don't get it.

Key word: CHOICE

It's the individuals Right of Choice.

In a way you answered it yourself, by stating how individuals look at it in different ways.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
N/M
edit on 14-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You call it a worthless clump of cells to justify having an abortion, but if your jealous husband were to cause you to miscarry your daughter by throwing you down a flight of stairs, then all of a sudden that worthless clump of cells becomes a precious little life.

See why I'm so confused? Well actually I'm not. I understand completely what's going on here, but for the sake of argument let's just keep pretending I'm confused.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join