It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania mother who gave daughter abortion pill gets prison

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Overall, my feeling about the matter in reviewing the posts, is that many of the ideas presented do not take into consideration the right of decision that the young woman has. If this forum was a Jury, the young woman's rights would have been ignored and steamrolled. Personally, I am Pro Life but have not attempted to argue any of that. But in this forum against what I see, I have struggled to even argue Pro Choice.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

her mom took her to the local hospital because she had bad cramping and the mom wanted to make sure she was okay...she was honest with the docs and now she is going to go to jail

Well, there you have it, I guess - the mother isn't as much of a dead beat as some might like to think.

We all have individual pressures and stresses in our lives and one is always different to the other.

Jail, or any criminal charge to this mother is just ridiculous, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If she wouldn't have been prosecuted in another state, the verdict is almost arbitrary. And I'll bet she can fight it.

Also, to determine if someone is dead, you have to check their heartbeat or pulse, therefore, technically, by our own current medical standards, it isn't a baby or alive until it has its own heartbeat.

Unfortunately, not every fetus is the same, nor does everyone agree on when a baby first has a heartbeat. Some people say 3 weeks, some say 5 weeks, some 6 weeks.
edit on 12-9-2014 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm gonna bottom line it for all of you.

This woman's mistake was honesty at the ER. Now others won't be making that mistake.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: naftaland

The daughter did NOT want the baby.
She confided with her mom, for whatever reason they agreed to 'do it themselves'.
Her mom bought a pill over the internet and gave it to her.
The daughter started cramping and the mom brought her to the hospital immediately.
The hospital staff notified authorities and the mom was arrested, booked and charged.
Mom goes to jail, daughter then goes back to school to be ostracized among her peers.
Soon as mom gets out of jail they will probably have to move away.

This sounds like a bad Waltons or Little House on the Prairie script now!
Maybe 7th Heaven. . .

a reply to: CryHavoc

Thank you, I have two kids and I never thought about it quite like that until now.
Can they determine brain activity at some point or is this one of those situations that will change with technology getting better more sensitive?

a reply to: Iamthatbish

Hahahahahaha!

Good Point!
edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
a reply to: NavyDoc

Not at all. My 'stance' is that everyone can get the hell out of everyone else's business.

Are you going to go up and look after this kid's babies personally?

So you don't think that people giving their minor children potentially deadly drugs they got off the internet is not a public health issue--which what I've been arguing against, not abortion.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I dont see the reasoning behind sending the daughters mother to jail, she wanted to take the pill. Is it illegal to get the pill from outside america? Bizarre policing again for you guys, sure is a crazy country your living in.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm not debating abortion at all. I'm simply saying that government and everyone else need to just back off from other people's business.

Neither one of us knows how easy or hard it may have been for the mother or daughter, if she had the baby. We tend to see the world and everyone else's world from our own perspectives and forget that they aren't us and we aren't them.

What's more, people make mistakes every single day. Every single day. None of us are perfect and to read all the posts in this thread, you'd think some people had angels coming out their bums, carrying flowers in crystal vases, singing hymns of good tidings and maybe even some biodegradable confetti.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm gonna bottom line it for all of you.

This woman's mistake was honesty at the ER. Now others won't be making that mistake.

If the daughter had lied and told them she got the pill from some guy on the street, her mom wouldn't be in jail.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Can they determine brain activity at some point or is this one of those situations that will change with technology getting better more sensitive?

According to pregnancy.org:

Day 40: Brain waves can be detected and recorded.

So, almost 6 weeks.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm not debating abortion at all. I'm simply saying that government and everyone else need to just back off from other people's business.

Neither one of us knows how easy or hard it may have been for the mother or daughter, if she had the baby. We tend to see the world and everyone else's world from our own perspectives and forget that they aren't us and we aren't them.

What's more, people make mistakes every single day. Every single day. None of us are perfect and to read all the posts in this thread, you'd think some people had angels coming out their bums, carrying flowers in crystal vases, singing hymns of good tidings and maybe even some biodegradable confetti.

So what's the point? That there shouldn't be laws? That a parent should be able to do what they want to their children even if it could be harmful and/or painful? Should there be no child protective services then?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I would give almost anything if I could have the baby my wife and I lost due to her tubal pregnancy. We lose something that we want while many just abort theirs that they don't want. I look at my two sons and imagine what the one we lost would've been like. I'm sad because they don't get to be with me, their mom and their brothers and sister.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

So what's the point? That there shouldn't be laws? That a parent should be able to do what they want to their children even if it could be harmful and/or painful? Should there be no child protective services then?

The point is there shouldn't be stupid laws and parents do what they want with their children every day. This silly woman just made the mistake of telling the truth.

Child protective services is very overrated, by the way.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Time to Demand All Birth Control Pills Be Sold Over-the-Counter

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) thinks birth control pills should be sold OTC. Most other countries sell birth control pills OTC.

rhrealitycheck.org...

It would be a start.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

The point is there shouldn't be stupid laws and parents do what they want with their children every day. This silly woman just made the mistake of telling the truth.

Child protective services is very overrated, by the way.

No, this silly woman did something very stupid and very dangerous that could have killed her daughter.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I guess next time, they'll just go to the abortion clinic and they've also learned the valuable lesson to never tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Silly politicians putting tens of thousands of women's lives at risk because of their stupid Victorian religious ideals, writing laws to push those ideals and are intended to chip, chip, chip away at our constitutional rights!

edit on 12-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I guess next time, they'll just go to the abortion clinic and they've also learned the valuable lesson to never tell the truth.

Women should be in charge of their reproduction -- PERIOD!

ALL birth control and medical abortion pills should be available over-the-counter.

Should it come with "literature"? Of course.

I've really had it with primarily men-in-power and religion controlling my reproduction choices.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Idk ... I was just very surprised to see plan B at CVS, at a price of $49.99!! For one pill?! Certainly insurance doesn't pay that does it?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: Annee
Idk ... I was just very surprised to see plan B at CVS, at a price of $49.99!! For one pill?! Certainly insurance doesn't pay that does it?

Problem is, insurance today is not what it used to be.

30 years ago insurance through my employer Rocked! I never had to pay anything. They covered 100%, no co-payment. Try finding that today.

Recently we had insurance through my husband's employer. We had hospital only, in case of a major illness we wouldn't lose our house. That was $500 a month with a $1200 deductible.

I live on the southern border. We go to Mexico for medical care and prescription drugs.

I think women want over-the-counter access for their reproductive needs. I know I do. If I got pregnant, I'd for sure want to be able to pick up the abortion pill at my local pharmacy. If I have a problem, then I can chose to seek professional medical help. Until I feel the need for professional medical help --- I don't want to be restricted by law.

I want the right to make that decision for myself. I want the right to order reproduction meds online.

RU486 is readily available from your local drug dealer. There is no reason for it to be Black Market.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join