It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spinning Armadillos Defy Gravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm sure there must be some really cool real world applications this technology will be used for but for now all I can give you is spinning armadillos and teapots.

Disney researchers have combined 3D printing with a clever new algorithm that makes it possible to create an object of any shape and make it spin. Researchers found that a solid object that fails to maintain a balanced rotation could be redesigned to create stability.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

the principle of COG [ centre of gravity ] was actually understood a long time ago

and that is the key to this trick

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I came by to see spinning armadillos. That would have been like pairs in ice skating, only with fur.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I though armadillos had scales.......that's not the point, sorry.
I wanted to see spinning armadillos too.
I was expecting to see them levitating...

Am I thinking of aardvarks?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes. Aardvarks are the ones that levitates. Armadillos only shame gravity into doing tricks for them.
a reply to: EnochRoot

As for knowing how centre of gravity works, I'm sure that wasn't the cool thing about this. Now they have an application that allows them to precisely plan what parts of the object to hollow out to achieve a specific spin. Imagine the implications for toymakers!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Am I not mistaken that John Titor explained that time travel was possible due to a rotational thingy with energy fields, etc. This is all Agenda 21 = slowly bringing the public up to speed so that when its' revealed, everyone will be chill with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This is cool and all, but it isn't "defying" gravity as much as it is "working with" gravity.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It's not defying gravity - it is standing in equilibrium because of its inertia.

It is defying gravity as much as a tower does.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
To defy gravity, would IMO be floating. Not spinning something

new topics

top topics

join