It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omg a politician just lied to me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is it surprising?

I will say no. It has even become expected.

Both parties lie, but it's always attacked as a partisan argument/dismissal.

"Obama said what? Oh yeah well bush did this"

It's a rift. It's infighting. And as long as it works it will survive.

Why can the masses accept overt lies!?

edit on 9-9-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz Oh , so your not speaking specifically, your speaking on behalf of all of us....EVEN THOSE WHO DO NOT RESIDE IN YOUR PRIMISE?

NEWS FOR YOU BUD, THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE, I BECOME TIRED OF MOST OF YOU THINKING THIS IS A American WEBSITE. Im a simple man, but TUCK ME into bed, governments are the to govern you! If you held the same position you would lie too to keep your position, salary and pension at cause.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Unfortunately, that's the way of the World right now. What are we going to do about it? Nothing, why? Police state.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: rockintitz Oh , so your not speaking specifically, your speaking on behalf of all of us....EVEN THOSE WHO DO NOT RESIDE IN YOUR PRIMISE?

NEWS FOR YOU BUD, THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE, I BECOME TIRED OF MOST OF YOU THINKING THIS IS A American WEBSITE. Im a simple man, but TUCK ME into bed, governments are the to govern you! If you held the same position you would lie too to keep your position, salary and pension at cause.

That's a bit of a sweeping assumption. Just because the career politicians are dishonest / criminal, does not mean that everyone else would be so dishonest in the same position. I consider myself, honest and ethical and am not driven by greed and a sense of entitlement and superiority over others. It takes a certain mindset to act that way, which is why the idea that "ordinary" people can run for office is such a joke. If others like myself did so, the whole damned system would break down as the influence of the bankers and corporate lobbyists would disappear.

The old saying that "power corrupts" is also a little misleading in my opinion. The very people that seek power over others, such as the politicians, are already corrupt, and the positions they seek give more scope for greater corruption and protections from scrutiny and likely consequences.

Unfortunately, in the political world, money talks, and if you haven't got the money to start a campaign for election, you don't get the exposure. The corporate press will shun you and work to keep you out of the fight, thus greatly limiting the message you have. Just look at the job they did on Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
was he not indirect in his approach ? how am I to know? It appears that HE is assuming that we all live in the America and we feel the same way, here is my point, take it, use, but do not abuse it, As you know, it's your feelow man that screams " this is a free country"... I let you know, that aint true, nothing is free, everything has a price.

a reply to: Britguy

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Why can the masses accept overt lies!?

It's a gigantic case.

The question of why people support tyranny is explained quite easily by “The Stockholm Syndrome.” The Stockholm Syndrome is so named because it was first systematically explored in 1973 following a hostage situation at a bank in Stockholm. Afterwards, the former captives defended their brutal captors, refusing to testify against them in court and raising money to help pay for their legal defense. The captives had convinced themselves that the political agenda of the terrorists was really correct and that hostage-taking and bank robberies were really the only way to achieve their supposedly laudable goals.

Government and the Stockholm Syndrome

Attaches to this;

Stockholm Syndrome refers to the phenomenon often observed in hostage situations where the hostages start to identify with (and sympathize with) their captor(s), even though mistreated. Corporate Stockholm Syndrome is hereby defined as the phenomenon wherein employees of a business start to identify with, and are exceedingly loyal to, an employer who is manifestly hostile to their own self-interest. Such employers often demand long hours of overtime (even in non-crunch-time). Rather than resist such treatment, employees in such a company frequently:

Rally 'round the corporate banner; and come to believe that employee-hostile corporate maneuvers are "good for the company", thus good for it's employees as well.

Consider working at the company a privilege -- one which requires hard work (i.e lots of unpaid overtime and other concessions) to earn. May be derisive of folks who work elsewhere, considering them "slackers" or "second-rate"--if they were top-notch performers, they'd work here too.

Employees (in a non-managerial role) are frequently found exerting Peer Pressure on their fellow employees to increase productivity; employees who don't "pull their weight" (work long hours of overtime) are looked down upon. Management encourages this behavior.

Resist any attempt by employees to improve their own lot; any employee who agitates for better working conditions is considered Not a Team Player, or a traitor to the cause.

Corporate Stockholm Syndrome

^^^ This explains the heavy Democrat voting pockets in high crime/high poverty areas.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So people keep voting for the democrat liars because of Stockholm Syndrome?

Then why do republicans keep voting for lying Republicans? Do they have SS as well, or are they just uninformed and stupid?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

NEWS FOR YOU BUD, THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE, I BECOME TIRED OF MOST OF YOU THINKING THIS IS A American WEBSITE.
a reply to: scubagravy

Yes, it is. But, people feel quite free to make most of it About America. Our guns, politics, corruption, etc... Don't blame us if the subjects are not to your liking.

On Topic: Politicians Lie. I don't even look for an honest person in office any more. Sadly, it's come down to choosing the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

So people keep voting for the democrat liars because of Stockholm Syndrome?

Then why do republicans keep voting for lying Republicans? Do they have SS as well, or are they just uninformed and stupid?

The point is the high crime/high poverty part.

Since Democrats can't seem to solve those problems, why do people still vote for them?

And of course some Republicans get SS votes. But not near as many as Democrats.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

If we all made a post every time a politician lie ATS would be on 1 billion + posts and shut-down due to bandwidth problems.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It's my understanding that most, if not all, of the most impoverished states in the US are Red States. They consistently vote Republican in national elections and under half of them have democrat governors or democrat-controlled legislatures.

So I would be willing to say that your "theory" would equally apply to both sides of the political spectrum.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

It's my understanding that most, if not all, of the most impoverished states in the US are Red States. They consistently vote Republican in national elections and under half of them have democrat governors or democrat-controlled legislatures.

So I would be willing to say that your "theory" would equally apply to both sides of the political spectrum.

All the so called "Red" States have many high volume Democrat pockets.

Most in the compartmentalized high crime/high poverty areas.

The vote results in each County tell one story.

But a better indicator is precinct and even each polling place.

take Mississippi for example

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
totally agree,felt that way 4 years.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
totally agree,felt that way 4 years.

a reply to: DAVID64

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ok, fair enough. The democrats benefit from SS in high poverty/high crime areas. But democrats do not have a monopoly on politicians that lie.

Can you explain why the Republicans continue to vote for liars as well? Since they do not enjoy the benefits of their voters having SS, are they misinformed, uneducated, partisan, ignorant....what is it?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: scubagravy

That's a bit of a sweeping assumption. Just because the career politicians are dishonest / criminal, does not mean that everyone else would be so dishonest in the same position. I consider myself, honest and ethical and am not driven by greed and a sense of entitlement and superiority over others. It takes a certain mindset to act that way, which is why the idea that "ordinary" people can run for office is such a joke. If others like myself did so, the whole damned system would break down as the influence of the bankers and corporate lobbyists would disappear.

The old saying that "power corrupts" is also a little misleading in my opinion. The very people that seek power over others, such as the politicians, are already corrupt, and the positions they seek give more scope for greater corruption and protections from scrutiny and likely consequences.

Unfortunately, in the political world, money talks, and if you haven't got the money to start a campaign for election, you don't get the exposure. The corporate press will shun you and work to keep you out of the fight, thus greatly limiting the message you have. Just look at the job they did on Ron Paul.

David Brin:

It's said that "power corrupts," but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power. When they do act, they think of it as service, which has limits. The tyrant, though, seeks mastery, for which he is insatiable, implacable. The Postman (1997), p. 267

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Can you explain why the Republicans continue to vote for liars as well? Since they do not enjoy the benefits of their voters having SS, are they misinformed, uneducated, partisan, ignorant....what is it?

It certainly is a mystery isn't it.

Maybe Republicans don't see the difference in local vs national Republicans.

The level of true "Conservatism" is higher at the local levels.

Many national Republicans are Progressives and thus more prone to being liars.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It certainly is a mystery isn't it.

Not really. Both Dems and Reps, for the most part, are uninformed and stick to their party like NFL fans stick to their favorite teams. It's rather simple and you can see plenty of that even on ATS.

The level of true "Conservatism" is higher at the local levels.

Agreed. That goes for both Dems and Reps.

Many national Republicans are Progressives and thus more prone to being liars.

Not so. Most national politicians, Democrats and Republicans, are closer to being neoconservatives. There is only a very small contingent of progressives in federal office today. We would be better off if we had a few more of them around, as they tend to look past the next election towards the future of this nation.

Obama began as a progressive and then slid right over to neoconservatism after the election. This can be seen in his actions take regarding the wars.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I think Neoconservatism is just yet another label invented and printed by ultra-Progressives as a cloaking/masking device.

Progressives use all available propaganda and deflection methods.

They *are* clever devils aren't they.

Genuine Conservatives want nothing to do with big government.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Of course he lied to you. He opened his mouth. I have trouble believing that even when they open their mouths to breath or yawn, they aren't lying then as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join