It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams With Religious Figures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Anyone have experience with these? I had one last night, it was pretty cool. The last few days I've been reading up on Hinduism, particularly the texts dealing with Krishna, and also reading a book by Osho about Krishna. And it was pretty much just straight up a dream about what I'd been reading about. The writings say that Krishna is sort of an ultimate personality which exists outside of all spatial and temporal differentiation, and that all subjects and objects exist within Him, and He exists within all of them. And it basically says you should keep your mind focused on Him at all times, understanding who He is, and you will over time more and more come to see and feel Him.

So that was basically my dream. I dreamed that I was just going through my life, but I was attempting to keep my mind focused on Krishna. And in my dream I would close my eyes, and when I did I would see Krishna within myself. I could feel him too, as bliss. I understood that He was also everything that I saw, and the bliss that He was that I could feel within myself extended out into everything as I came upon them. When I woke up, it was weird it was like a memory, like I couldn't really distinguish it from just what happened the night before. But I'm sure this didn't actually happen, lol, so I'm sure I dreamed it.

So yea. That was a nice and interesting experience. Cool to kind of have a dream where I experienced the spiritual teachings I was reading about. Anyone else have dreams like this?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
A few times. Once I saw the ocean in turmoil, with stars falling and dancing in the sky. A huge face of a bearded man (not Jesus much older) was in the sky and I remember an older gentleman standing next to me among the shocked witnesses. This man was a general or other high ranking military official. He was in complete disbelief.

Another time I had a dream where I saw the bust of Jesus Christ, a living Christ not a statue. He was on a table on a slightly elevated display pedestal (the table under) and he had these brilliant, bright blue eyes. So distinct and it was a feeling of complete and utter serenity. The others in the dream were marveling at him and the people in the dream were acting like it was something everybody sees at least once. Kind of a novice feeling at the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Pretty cool dream OP.

Was he blue?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
Pretty cool dream OP.

Was he blue?

Yes. He was a somewhat dark blue, and he was in a meditation position, and he had all sorts of jewels and adornments. Like he was just sitting there, but at the time he was exuberant with joy and just taking in an incredible amount of bliss.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Another time I had a dream where I saw the bust of Jesus Christ, a living Christ not a statue. He was on a table on a slightly elevated display pedestal (the table under) and he had these brilliant, bright blue eyes. So distinct and it was a feeling of complete and utter serenity. The others in the dream were marveling at him and the people in the dream were acting like it was something everybody sees at least once. Kind of a novice feeling at the time.

I can imagine a dream like that. It would be nice. Just feeling an incredible, tangible sense of peace coming from Him. I imagine it would go with a thought/feeling like, 'Oh, I can see why everyone thought He was so special now.' Like you understand who He is better, by this just powerful tangible sense of peace that came over you by looking at him. I've had things like that as well.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When I go to sleep sometimes it seems I see eyes of someone through my lids. It's really interesting. I open my eyes and raise the blanket and let the female cat Wifi climb over me and go sleep between the wife and I. Maybe she is an Egyptian female god with special powers reincarnated as a cat.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Precisely. Peace of a great clarity accompanied the dream along with a feeling that he was there on display for anyone to visit free of charge.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I used to think the same thing and still do about JIm Carry

I don't dream of religious figures. But iv had many dreams of men/woman in black hooded cloaks.
I typically dream about amazing events that are catastrophic in nature and i quite enjoy them

My spiritual leader would be an E.T lol.

But not all gods are the same god but many of them are reflecting on the Ancient story of the Divine hero. AKA savior.
How we humans have recieved the msgs and played telephone with them have altered many facets of the original legend.

Myths and legends very different from each other my friend. They say legends are based on Truth. Where as Myths is a belief in a mystical story. But Legends can be just as deluted but are called legends because they are supposed to be literal events that occured but cannot be verified.

Such as the veda texts with Krishna are legends.

Where as everything else about the gods belief systems and abilities are all myths.

dreaming about religious leaders typically means you are seeking a mentor. Maybe someone close left you such as a close friend and you are feeling you need guidance from an enlightened source. Maybe you recently went through a traumatic experience and are looking for grounding for safety. Maybe your soul is seeking answers as well.

Your healing taking the methods of your iconic Hero and manifesting it into his shape so you can better hear the subconsious and what it's trying to teach/heal you with.

I'm just guessing my friend. As for me i dream of very uhh esoteric and amazing things that others would define as nightmares. In many of my dreams i am trying to find keys to a door and they are hidden behind trials i must overcome. And continue through different rooms and layers as if it was a dungeon in a game and i was after some ancient hidden technology that would shape and change the world. Sometimes i have dreams where i have succeeded but did not dream of how.

Was already at the stage where i was in a craft, And blasting beams at UFOs and carving the ground on the Earth like i was rewriting the landscape with an arc of power in the form of orange beams like a burning spear incinerating all foes in my path.
But mostly my catastophies are where im standing around volcanos, trying to get into underground bunkers, Standing on buildings well places iv never been flood. Iv had tornado and hurrican dreams and never experienced one in this life. Ufo invasions, ect. I can't control these dreams tho. Some of them really scare me like the invasion dreams, and everytime there is an invasion it's always when the earth is about to experience a devistating cataklysm. I mostly dream about doing everything myself, And always overcoming trials and obstacles sometimes of a paranormal and esoteric nature.

Sorry i can't relate lol but we both can relate on the fact we dream about symbolic ectras. ect ect ect.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Few years ago i saw a dream where i was floating in the air in sleeping positiong and someone took cloth from my face and i stand up, i was in a tent with sand floor and the man sayd come out side Arch Angel Michael wants to talk with you, we step outside and i we were at beautiful beach and jungle behind us, from the beach walk 2 guys, looking like biblical times men and i vent with one of them an a walk, we talkd and then we stopt and sat down these 2 pillars in the water, he started to pray and soon these pillars rised and ocean rised with us, next thing i remember, i was crawling in the desert, dying, i could feel the sand all over my throat and lungs, there were 2 other men besides me also, soon as i took last reach with my finger and my last strenght, men appear front of me and hit the ground with a rod and the sand fall in and there was a river.
Then i woke up and i had serious fever and no medication, so it was maybe fever dream but quite realistic for me, this dream stuck with me quite while and still makes me think stuff.

Soon after that dream i saw something in my dreams that i cant remember but rest of the night i tryed to remember what was sayd to me, all night i keep saying my mind "psalm 10..repeat, repeat", the information was quite revealing for the times i was thinking this world with quite desperation, it explained to me enough to understent that moment of my life.

I seen some other dreams that can be religious but their images were mostly apocalyptic, world burning, cities leveled, vortexes opening in the skies and ground, weird creatures coming from them and also i learn how to create em and move from them to other places, i saw some secret facilities under the ocean and inside the mountains, some weird equipments installed to these facilities, i used one while i was leaded by voices in my head to these locations and machines.

I see these dreams in periods and they all seem to be connected somewhat, one of the last dream i seen was quite scary and peaceful, i woke up at mountain in a cabin and stepped out to see everything was covered by black class looking material, it was shimmering and very sharp, i walk carefully to edges of mountain and saw whole area were covered by same stuff, in a great distance i saw one city perfectly intact and then cant remember rest..

Also seen quite few aliens in my dreams, one of the weirdest looking alien warned me mentally that long lost star is returning our galaxy, it was weeks before i heard of ELLEN comet so it was interesting to wait and see if something pops up with ELLEN but it came and go so maybe theres something still to come, i do believe somewhat my dreams are some part of reality but sometimes i do not understant the meanings of em at all.

Sry about bad english.

top topics

join