It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens arrested in assault of mentally disabled man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This is TOO FUNNY...
These dirtbags went to the police to complain they were being harassed after they posted videos of them beating up a mentally disabled man!!!

NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) — Two Delaware teens have been charged with assaulting a mentally disabled man after they complained to police that they were being harassed because of a video of the attack posted to social media, authorities said Monday.

Story

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Having worked with developmentally disabled individuals for years, this makes my blood boil . . .

Special place in hell for people who abuse the disabled.

No more without breaking the rules here . . .

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
They got what they deserved.

This reminds of something that happened yesterday here. A dumb teenager was sending messages to a girl, harassing her, telling her he'd kill her if she didn't send him nude pictures and if she didn't have sex with him.

She posted the conversation on FB. A couple hours later, he was crying and begging her to "fix the situation", that she had destroyed his life.

It always amazes me how people do terrible things without a second thought... but, when having to deal with the consequences, they feel like the victim and that they should be protected.

Humans. Some of us are too stupid.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

wow idiots....there is a certain kinda stupid in this world....my GF brother was selling a certain prohibited green substance,he has surveilance camera's set up,the works...anyhows he got raided by a bunch of punks that raid people who have lots of cash on the premises,so this genius calls the cops...to cut a long story short,detectives came round confiscated his phone a lo and behold he got busted by the cops 6 months later..now he is facing a jail sentence

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I say bring back the stock and pillory, maybee throw in a dunce cap into the mix.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I wonder how many parents are reading this and saying how bad these kids are all the while laying the exact same framework.

I see so many parents with the cell phone in hand letting the child run wild. Is it any wonder kids are turning out this way with all the parents fulfilling personal needs. Take you face out of the cell phone and take a good look around and see the failure first hand. Empathy and compassion are learned traits the problem is parents are so busy doing nothing the lessons are not being taught.

I wonder how many people reading this live inside the cyber world instead of the real one.....I bet a few.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Any form of fighting, that's not 1 on 1, in Australia, is a dog act.....At least it used to be until... Well it floods a lot here, but nothing like immigration.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

From the article....

"You have some kids around the complex who would embrace him ... and then you have those kids who would take advantage of him," said Hunter-Lee.

What do you want to bet that some of those "kids that would embrace him" also have worthless parents? And by that same token, how many of these pos kids (apparently it wasn't/isn't just two) have parents that are decent and actually attempt to instill in them the value of life and respecting others?

I'd wager to say that while I will agree whole-heartedly that in many cases, the lack of parenting and/or the acceptance of such behavior (or worse, advocating
) is the main problem, it remains true that SOME have this instilled in a way that I don't think we yet understand completely (something other than nurture)....

.......I think I'll stop and cut myself off completely here....I'm about to say things I might regret later and that I might not truly mean...I'm writing through an emotional reaction I am trying to stifle as I generally attempt NOT to think through emotion, it severely clouds my judgement!

edit on 9-9-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

This is another one of those instances that makes me feel as though the parents of these kids should be held somewhat accountable for their terrible parenting.

I know parents don't like to hear this, but enough with blaming society and everyone but yourself for the way your kids act! You raised them, you are responsible for them, decent parents do not generally raise violent kids.

Yes, kid act out, and they become rebellious at certain times, but kids who are mischievous are NOTHING LIKE kids that actually attack other people. This is a direct parenting failure and they should be held accountable in some way for the poor job they did with their own children.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Ah, the brilliant minds of our future. I am sickened by the gall of the parents who are defending their poor child who is being harassed for doing this. What parent sees a video of their kid acting this way and goes to the police to complain about all the people outraged over his behavior? Then again, I am the evil, horrible stepmom that has no problem calling out, embarrassing, and teaching my 14 yr stepdaughter that her actions have consequences. OT: Her mom is the parent that complained to the school a teacher was "bullying" her daughter by always calling on her in class knowing that she didn't know the answer to the question. Seriously?? Since when is not paying attention in class and being called on a form of teacher bullying??

It drives me beyond crazy to see the self-involved, arrogant mentality coming from many of today's teenagers. It is not your right to have a cell phone and a laptop, it is not child slavery having chores, and you are not being mentally abused if you get yelled at for acting stupid.
edit on 9/9/2014 by halfpint0701 because: Sometimes I think faster than I type

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I would not bat an eye for the death penalty. These people have no empathy or compassion. Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I hope the same gets done to them and then some... An eye for an eye.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
#ing despicable.

The pussies standing around letting it happen need to have the taste slapped from outta their mouths.

I say screw jail time.
I say screw community service and silly classes to teach them a lesson.

Call me what you like, but I think a sentence something like this would be more effective:

Each day when they wake up, they're greeted by Kimbo Slice and a few 'assistants'. These assistants pull their worthless asses out of bed and restrain them while Kimbo administers 10-20 gut punches. I'm talking full force punches, with about 3-5 seconds between each strike. While this is taking place there is an assistant with a calm, deep, raspy voice, possibly a heavy German accent, explaining to them why this is happening. The explanation will be short and sweet, and it should be looped/repeated through the last punch, and once more as they lay on the ground fighting for what they believe to be their last breath of Earth's sweet air. This process should be repeated for no less than one month.

Problem solved.
edit on 9/10/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

they should be nominated for a Darwin Award.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
This is TOO FUNNY...
These dirtbags went to the police to complain they were being harassed after they posted videos of them beating up a mentally disabled man!!!

NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) — Two Delaware teens have been charged with assaulting a mentally disabled man after they complained to police that they were being harassed because of a video of the attack posted to social media, authorities said Monday.

Story

When I read the thread title I assumed this to be a story from the town I live in (the sleepy town of.Arbroath on Scotlands East coast) as the same thing happened there recently...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Cue the excuse making, crying parent.

"My sons a good kid, he's a good student, never been in trouble with the law."

Cue the society blaming. Cue the next crazy violent act against a vulnerable target. Memphis Kroger, that couple in Missouri, now this disabled man.

The children may be the future but these children sure aren't.

top topics

join