It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact or Fiction? CANCELLED FLIGHT:11 Muslims cause problems on flight from Atlanta to Houston

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Let me know what they say!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

From what I remember of it, and I read about it later, it was later confirmed. It was initially reported as Middle Eastern men, but later Muslim, IIRC.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Do not call the number. Yes it's in the post but having it there, or using it is a T&C violation.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

Even if fictional, no legal system can or should be based on belief in fairy tales. There is no need, in a legal system, because of the belief in some fictional entity to respect its beliefs for the precise reason is that that system will be abused by everybody. The only logical alternative for the current system is to respect no religious precedent, but in fact rather to dismiss it as fiction and no more real than the lord of the rings. Set a precedent that no religious background will excuse anybody from being an ass.
edit on 9-9-2014 by th3dudeabides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow, this has been doing the rounds for a few years now.
The "witness" has refused to be interviewed about the incident and there has been little to no corroborating evidence from other passengers. From what would of been a traumatic event nobody else on the plane felt like coming forward?
There may of been an arrogant / drunk / idiotic person on the plane (As I understand it it was 2 people) and someone decided to embellish the story for whatever reason.
I dont know what the US equivalent would be but anyone who has flown from UK to some of the Spanish resorts will of witnessed some disgraceful behavior from people on flights but this is always described as Brits abroad these people are also selfish / arrogant / drunk / idiotic.
I feel this story is designed to do nothing more than ramp up the fear and since 2009 has also had the Chinese whisper treatment. It also feels like it is designed to tug at heart strings by making comparisons to the flight 93 story.
Some aspects of the story are very detailed but much of it is vague it is all aimed at emotions rather than intellect leaving the negative feelings people already have to do the work.

Someone made the comment "These Muslims are getting brave now"......May I ask what the meaning behind that was?
The offending passengers were inconsiderate dicks irrelevant of nationality. Personally I would really doubt many of the "quotes" used....."Silence infidel"???? Nobody talks like that outside of a film or novel.
People that want to believe this story will already have prejudice towards people fitting a very vague description so it will just confirm existing fears.

Another comment was how do we know its isnt true??? Surely its far more likely to be untrue.

Never let the truth spoil a good story.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Feel free to take the phone Number down. Or the who thread if you wish. I am more than a little miffed over the whole deal.

I rember this now. I feel the need to explain myself. I knew ATS would know because I couldn't find anything on it. The person that posted it did so on July 29, 2014. It has been shared over 66,000 times.

The reason I was wondering is it came to hubby's email which is odd because he only talks about cars over and over and over. He showed it to me. He knows I read up on all this stuff.

About 10 minutes later it was posted on my fb page like it just happened. So I have posted Hoax on every place it came to us from.

Yeah we are on "that" list."

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg
For a good example of click bait have a look at groups like Britain first. Right wing groups using support our troops type messages to drum up support and most dont even look at who has posted these things.
When they dont use war its a puppy or a vulnerable person who has been attacked.

I cant find the piece (may of been removed) but they used a picture of a lady in robes chained and crawling on all fours stating she was on her way to an arranged marriage. It was in fact taken in Paris as part of an exhibition.

Glad people see through the BS

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whether the story is true or not, this is how it will work

heard a voice behind me from another Texan twice my size, say, "I got your back."

Real Texans are not going to be backing down when faced with some evil showing up. Bad guys, be fore warned.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If there is a hole in the plane best use for a large person will be to plug the hole.
Nationality and or size will make no difference in the event of an aircraft going down.
Nice sound to it though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join