It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA tortured suspects to 'the point of death': report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sorry, but nobody can compare starving, raping and beheading Women and children, to water boarding. ~$heopleNation
edit on 11-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki
a reply to: SheopleNation

Beheading, exploding, electrocuting, hanging, lethal injection, etc etc, we all are part of the cycle of violence that MUST be stopped, or we will all go down.

The amount that is spent, globally, on military and warfare is sickening and more than enough to begin to build bridges (even a portion of it is sufficient to eradicate world hunger and give people the means to help themselves out of poverty and cycles of enforced hatred); but I suspect that there will be comments that no (insert racial/religious epithet) will get my hard -earned tax money. No! I would much rather the sons and daughters continue to spread blood across the globe.

There is a better way, beyond national borders or religious boundaries, but we have to want it hard enough rather than enforcing culturally-bound views via the barrel of a gun.

I am a proud pacifist, and will always be a conscientious objector, especially in the face of injustice, bullying and I expect a torrent of "nyah nyah nyah what if...." or " rely on others to stop evil" abuse. All I see are people wanting to propagate evil.

Reality check...

If the West just stopped, packed up and decided to just stay out of it all, you know what would happen...

They would still come after us. They would still bomb us, shoot up western malls, fly planes into western buildings and attack western interests. They would just keep going and going and going and keep trying to achieve their ultimate goal of destroying the infidels.

Backing off these people would change nothing and you are a fool if you believe it would. It isn't our intervention in their countries affairs that they hate us for. It's because we are infidels.. Kafur.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

Who flew planes into western buildings?

Who shoots up western malls?

Ultimate goal of destroying the infidels?

What world are you living in?
edit on 11-9-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: govmule

originally posted by: Tangerine

What democracy did the US help overthrow, Iraq hahaha? Do you have evidence or speculation? As far as medical treatment, where do the wealthy people of the world go for treatment, the Mayo Clinic. It is a shame that it takes wealth to get the proper medical treatment, but, my point was we lead in medical treatment abilities. Evil=when a government kills tens of thousands of its own people on its own soil to stay in power, it also includes genocide. Apparently you are disillusioned about America, its sounds like New Zealand is the place to be.

Iran 1953
Guatemala 1954
Congo 1954
Congo 1960
South Vietnam 1963
And probably others we don't know about

My comment was about health care delivered to citizens not health care available only to the wealthy.

I think you're forgetting what Europeans did to obtain the land that comprises the U.S.

The U.S. provided the chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein that he used to commit genocide on Kurds living in Iraq.

I'm realistic about this country. It's not perfect.

So the most RECENT overthrow the US had was 1963? What is your point, how is that relevant to the world today?

Europeans get the credit for the US now? What a joke, they were dictators that were thrown out of a country whose residents believed in democracy. You do realize that the Europeans came from the middle east, and the ME came from Africa? Your comments are senseless.

Try talking about current issues, most of us are aware of history.

The US gave Saddam the chemicals? I never heard that before, do you have evidence? Oh wait, maybe the US gave it to him in 1950.

I'm not supposed to talk about 1963 because that's the past but then you immediately talk about ancient history and early human places of origin?

You're aware of history and don't know that the U.S., under Reagan, gave chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein that he used on the Kurds? It's well known. You won't have any trouble finding information about it. There's even a photo of a smiling Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein during the weapons transaction.

Ever heard of the My Lai Massacre? That's history, too.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

a reply to: aorAki
You claim to be a pacifist, that's great. How about I buy you and your family one way plane tickets to Syria or Iraq. I will even buy you an Arabic language system so you can try to talk your way out of being killed just for being a foreigner in the caliphate. You say there are other options, what are they, a group hug? These terrorists are pigs, I am against torture and release, I say shoot them on the spot so they can never kill innocents again. Why do you not understand that these pigs wish for death to themselves and the infidels in the name of their God? THEY WILL NEVER CHANGE...EVER! I'm all for building a wall around them, shooting any that try to escape, that way they can just kill each other with their blood lust. Pacifist...pffft, you hide far away from the turmoil and act like the pigs will change, that is laughable.

Sounds like you're pretty full of bloodlust yourself. Can we build a wall around you? No shooting necessary; we'll build it really high.

Unlike you, I believe in protecting the security of innocent Americans. I served my country, did you? I believe in freedom for peaceful people. I guess you think the pigs killing children by cutting them in half is ok, crucifying Christians is ok, beheading the media is ok? Go pound ME sand.

You believe in ranting about it. I'm not so sure about the rest. You spend a little too much time talking about graphic violence and your fantasies about retaliation for my taste. There are lots of things I believe in and don't believe in; among the latter is ranting about killing people.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DestroyDestroyDestroy
a reply to: thesaneone

Why is it that countries who don't mess with other countries don't find themselves in a perpetual state of war?

(A) Many countries do not "meddle" in world affairs because they rely on the United States to defend them and their way of life.

(B) While a US isolationist policy is often emotionally attractive....If we had adopted it in the past, South Korea would be in the same boat as North Korea and much of Europe would be under Nazi rule, the Jewish people would be largely gone amongst other ethnicities etc. etc. The world outside the USA loves to criticize the USA for their misdeeds and misteps...but when Sh*& hits the fan...those same people are in the streets asking where the USA is...HELP!! Shall we ignore ISIS? Let them invade, terrorize, slaughter people en masse and establish a terrorist kingdom? What will the world think of the USA if we give ISIS the nod to go ahead and do that?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Why is it that countries who don't mess with other countries don't find themselves in a perpetual state of war?

(A) Many countries do not "meddle" in world affairs because they rely on the United States to defend them and their way of life.

(B) While a US isolationist policy is often emotionally attractive....If we had adopted it in the past, South Korea would be in the same boat as North Korea and much of Europe would be under Nazi rule, the Jewish people would be largely gone amongst other ethnicities etc. etc. The world outside the USA loves to criticize the USA for their misdeeds and misteps...but when Sh*& hits the fan...those same people are in the streets asking where the USA is...HELP!! Shall we ignore ISIS? Let them invade, terrorize, slaughter people en masse and establish a terrorist kingdom? What will the world think of the USA if we give ISIS the nod to go ahead and do that?

We attacked Iraq and Afghanistan and the end result was more virulently anti-American terrorists not less. Clearly, we should have stayed out of the Middle East but now that we've caused more problems than we've solved, I don't know what the solution is. However, I will bet that whatever the US does now, it will not solve the problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

We attacked Iraq and Afghanistan and the end result was more virulently anti-American terrorists not less. Clearly, we should have stayed out of the Middle East but now that we've caused more problems than we've solved, I don't know what the solution is. However, I will bet that whatever the US does now, it will not solve the problem.

Define your terms..."Attack"
We invaded and occupied Iraq and Afghanistan...we suck at nation building and always have. Occupation leads directly to an increase in suicide attacks...a statistic that goes back a century or as long as folks have been noticing.

We should not occupy other countries. It's a form of cultural Sodomy. We can't "westernize" another nation.

But we can and should respond with disproportionate lethal force by any and all other means apart from invasion and occupation to sociopath armies gleefully raping children and beheading Americans on you-tube.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Define your terms..."Attack"
We invaded and occupied Iraq and Afghanistan...we suck at nation building and always have. Occupation leads directly to an increase in suicide attacks...a statistic that goes back a century or as long as folks have been noticing.

We should not occupy other countries. It's a form of cultural Sodomy. We can't "westernize" another nation.

But we can and should respond with disproportionate lethal force by any and all other means apart from invasion and occupation to sociopath armies gleefully raping children and beheading Americans on you-tube.

Define attack? Uh...we dropped bombs, used drones to kill people and shot people. Was this in doubt?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmericanYes, let us just try them, them hang them. Why they are still alive is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I heart the CIA.

Let's see how far you guys get when treating the mass-murdering ISIS tribe with kitten-gloves "in accordance with UN Treaties".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join