It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA tortured suspects to 'the point of death': report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If anyone still believes either of those stories, they haven't been paying nearly enough attention. Turn off the tv.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

we violated international law and we get away with it.

The disgard we have for international law and the UN can be likened to the way the nazis treated the legue of nations...

we become a monster to fight a monster that we created..

very poor show indeed...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
a reply to: govmule

You can't be serious, America didn't do Sh*T to provoke these terrorists

I hope you are having a laugh... Two illegal wars and an estimated 1.5 millon dead...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Real Americans will do what they have to do to protect his/her country

and does that involve falsifying claims that the likes of Iraq was behind 911 and that they had WMD.. Well history has proven that not to be the case and history has proven that the taliban in Afganistan where not hiding bin laden..

so it has nothing to do with protecting your country. These countries has sweet nothing to do with the terrorist attacks.

To have such flipant disragard to the likes of international law and the geneva convention is a mockery of all those that died in the second world war.. you have learnt nothing and because of that history is repeating itself..

regards

purp..

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, these ISIS pigs want a caliphate, that is their goal. They want one religion...theirs, and if you don't covert they kill you. They want women to basically be slaves to men, if women are raped it takes multiple male witnesses to testify it happened, it seldom if ever happens so they don't care because women are simply objects. They think by killing the infidels, they are doing Gods work. What kind of God would want anyone to murder another human? That's not a God I believe in. Point your finger how ever you like, the FACT is these ISIS pigs are barbaric and have little mental capacity for compassion. And by the way, my country is still the greatest country on earth no matter what you say, and that is a another fact, like it or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Since you know little about the facts, the US gave Saddam every opportunity to allow UN inspectors to check for WMD, he refused over and over again. Saddam was an evil dictator that refused to cooperate and show he did not have WMD, he chose war over being open to the UN, he paid the price. As far as Afghanistan, it is a fact that Bin Laden was in Tora Bora and that indeed is in Afghanistan. If I were president I would have also punished Pakistan for harboring that pig. International law? We have a country with citizens to protect against the slaughter of innocents, Bin Laden started it and we will finish it. If you want to support the likes of ISIS I recommend you move to Iraq or Syria, they will be more than happy to take you in...if you convert.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
And by the way, my country is still the greatest country on earth no matter what you say, and that is a another fact, like it or not.

Define 'greatness'.

Your attitude does not indicate any of this 'greatness', just simpleness and misplaced nationalism.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

And by the way, my country is still the greatest country on earth no matter what you say, and that is a another fact, like it or not.

Define 'greatness'.

Your attitude does not indicate any of this 'greatness', just simpleness and misplaced nationalism.

Greatness; a caring nation that gives more to charity than any other nation on earth, a democracy that promotes freedom, not communism or anarchy, a country with more advancement to technology than any other nation, a nation that leads in medical care and solutions to illnesses, a nation that will come to the call of those innocents that are oppressed by evil, a country that helped to end WWII and stop a genocide. A country that allows others to enter so they can dedicate themselves to success and a better life.

Now, do you have more than a one line opinion about my nationalism or are you just upset you live in a country you wish was different?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Define 'greatness'.

Greatness; a caring nation that gives more to charity than any other nation on earth, a democracy that promotes freedom, not communism or anarchy, a country with more advancement to technology than any other nation, a nation that leads in medical care and solutions to illnesses, a nation that will come to the call of those innocents that are oppressed by evil, a country that helped to end WWII and stop a genocide. A country that allows others to enter so they can dedicate themselves to success and a better life.

Now, do you have more than a one line opinion about my nationalism or are you just upset you live in a country you wish was different?

I think this country is great in many ways. However, the US gives nowhere near as much in international aid, per capita, as many other countries. I believe Denmark ranks highest in that regard. Where does the U.S. promote democracy? We've propped up dictators and helped in the overthrow of democratically elected leaders. I'm not sure about the U.S. having "more advancement to technology than any other nation." The US ranks 37th among all nations in health care delivered to its citizens. We rank below Costa Rica. The U.S. ranks 22nd in infant mortality. Those rankings are shameful. I don't know exactly what you mean by "a nation that will come to the call of those innocents that are oppressed by evil."

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The first time i watched all the waterboarding torture debates and talks on TV, radio, magazines, papers, all over, the first thing that popped into my mind, and stated there, was bullcrap.

The only reason they talked so much about the specific torture technique of waterboarding was to mitigate the fact that this evil agency of Satan has a whole repertoire of torture techniques that makes waterboarding look like wholesome family shenanigans.

This one specific torture technique got so much debate and screen time so that they can mitigate the brains of the American population of possibly thinking that "don't they do alot more worse sh** than dumping water on their face?". They don't even use the word torture AT ALL. Just waterboarding. That's it.

I will post this, but in Saudi Arabia, Saudi forensics discovered the DNA of over 100 different people, men women and children, when some cops found a stream of blood leading to a pool of blood that flowed from a building that the CIA was using for the time being. That is lot of dead people.

Residents in that area reported they heard blood curdling screams from men, women, and little kids coming from that building. That's what led the cops there to investigate. They found dead bodies, some dismembered of a few suspected terrorists, as well as the naked body of little kids; some of the girls had blood coming from their genitalia, and were naked. They body parts in bags and barrels. The cops who discovered this, and the ones doing the forensics, were told to SHUT UP.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well, you just about described New Zealand, acountry that boxes above its weight, promotes freedom without enforcing it down the barrel of a gun, a country with great R&D, a country with a great public health system and medical research, a country that engages in peace keeping and has a great name in the international community for humanitarian peace keeping, a country that helped to end WWII and stop a genocide (rather than one founded on a genocide, I might add) and a country that allows others to enter so they can dedicate themselves to success and a better life, a country that attempts to look after its poor with dignity, and a country that doesn't engage in torture and doesn't fly in the face of international law.... and cetera. Nope, quite glad I live here.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
In Britian Tony Blair is considered a war criminal. George Bush and Cheney have to be very careful when they travel abroad.... They are subject to arrest like Pinochet was for torture under international law. Most Israeli military and top govn't officials also.reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Well, you just about described New Zealand, acountry that boxes above its weight, promotes freedom without enforcing it down the barrel of a gun, a country with great R&D, a country with a great public health system and medical research, a country that engages in peace keeping and has a great name in the international community for humanitarian peace keeping, a country that helped to end WWII and stop a genocide (rather than one founded on a genocide, I might add) and a country that allows others to enter so they can dedicate themselves to success and a better life, a country that attempts to look after its poor with dignity, and a country that doesn't engage in torture and doesn't fly in the face of international law.... and cetera. Nope, quite glad I live here.

I am simple minded yet you repeat everything I said, not very original. Like I stated earlier, I don't think we should torture them, they should get a bullet otherwise they will be back. It is easy for you to speak down against my country but when the day comes your country experiences a terrorist attack lets see if your thought revenue changes. Its nice you don't have guns, good for you, it must be nice living in Eden, where was that again, oh yeah, a place in the middle of nowhere that adds little to nothing into the world economy and you certainly do not try to stop these ISIS pigs. Just turn the other cheek, let the radicals kill people for being Christian? I must however admit, I do enjoy the beer from your island.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88
The first time i watched all the waterboarding torture debates and talks on TV, radio, magazines, papers, all over, the first thing that popped into my mind, and stated there, was bullcrap.

The only reason they talked so much about the specific torture technique of waterboarding was to mitigate the fact that this evil agency of Satan has a whole repertoire of torture techniques that makes waterboarding look like wholesome family shenanigans.

This one specific torture technique got so much debate and screen time so that they can mitigate the brains of the American population of possibly thinking that "don't they do alot more worse sh** than dumping water on their face?". They don't even use the word torture AT ALL. Just waterboarding. That's it.

I will post this, but in Saudi Arabia, Saudi forensics discovered the DNA of over 100 different people, men women and children, when some cops found a stream of blood leading to a pool of blood that flowed from a building that the CIA was using for the time being. That is lot of dead people.

Residents in that area reported they heard blood curdling screams from men, women, and little kids coming from that building. That's what led the cops there to investigate. They found dead bodies, some dismembered of a few suspected terrorists, as well as the naked body of little kids; some of the girls had blood coming from their genitalia, and were naked. They body parts in bags and barrels. The cops who discovered this, and the ones doing the forensics, were told to SHUT UP.

Those are serious allegations, to you have evidence to show proof? A link? Video? Pictures? I have never heard of this, please provide some type of evidence, not just hearsay. Are you saying the CIA did this?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Define 'greatness'.

I think this country is great in many ways. However, the US gives nowhere near as much in international aid, per capita, as many other countries. I believe Denmark ranks highest in that regard. Where does the U.S. promote democracy? We've propped up dictators and helped in the overthrow of democratically elected leaders. I'm not sure about the U.S. having "more advancement to technology than any other nation." The US ranks 37th among all nations in health care delivered to its citizens. We rank below Costa Rica. The U.S. ranks 22nd in infant mortality. Those rankings are shameful. I don't know exactly what you mean by "a nation that will come to the call of those innocents that are oppressed by evil."

Per capita doesn't mean much, it is the summation of the funds that matters, split hairs as you may. Your not sure about technology??? What democracy did the US help overthrow, Iraq hahaha? Do you have evidence or speculation? As far as medical treatment, where do the wealthy people of the world go for treatment, the Mayo Clinic. It is a shame that it takes wealth to get the proper medical treatment, but, my point was we lead in medical treatment abilities. Evil=when a government kills tens of thousands of its own people on its own soil to stay in power, it also includes genocide. Apparently you are disillusioned about America, its sounds like New Zealand is the place to be.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Does 'Mossadegh' mean anything to you?

That's a good place to start.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I am simple minded yet you repeat everything I said, not very original.

I was illustrating thatr your 'great' country does not have the sole propriety over what you stated.

originally posted by: govmule It is easy for you to speak down against my country but when the day comes your country experiences a terrorist attack lets see if your thought revenue changes.

We managed the Rainbow Warrior bombing without invading another country.

originally posted by: govmule I must however admit, I do enjoy the beer from your island.

Which Island? Te Ika a Maui, Te Wai Pounamu, Rakiura, Waiheke, or a myriad of others?
edit on 9-9-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki
You are comparing the French blowing a hole in a ship in the 80's to 911 where over 3,000 people died? Sorry, not even close. Did the ship even sink?

The beer is Steinlager (sounds German), no idea what island its made on? Had some at a beer show, haven't seen it again.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Does 'Mossadegh' mean anything to you?

That's a good place to start.

Mentioning something that happened over 60 years ago is hardly relevant to todays discussion. Where does the line get drawn? Are you suggesting that event started the entire ME issue?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

You should have gone for the red pill!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join