It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA tortured suspects to 'the point of death': report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

The U.S. always gets away with breaking international law. When you have a powerful military and economic influence, who wants to tangle with that? We broke international law by invading the sovereign country of Iraq! No WMD's yet we still occupied that country for years. Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld should have all been convicted of war crimes. Any other smaller country would have been held accountable.

Aren't both Bush and Cheney wanted for war crimes in a number of places?

...in America as well, just not by the authorities

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
For the Partisan Shills:

Is the introduction of Torture, Patriot Act, Militarized Police and so on an act from Liberals or Republicans?

When the enemy would surrender to us rather than Soviets back in WW2, was that because of Republican Policies or Liberal Policies?

edit on 8-9-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

You can't be serious, America didn't do Sh*T to provoke these terrorists

edit on 8-9-2014 by minkmouse because: qoutation mark removal

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse
I said average Americans you dweeb, the ones that go to work every day and pay their taxes trying to just live a peaceful life. It was the politicians that did it, 500 corrupt people not 300 million people..... AVERAGE Americans.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I said average Americans you dweeb, the ones that go to work every day and pay their taxes trying to just live a peaceful life. It was the politicians that did it, 500 corrupt people not 300 million people..... AVERAGE Americans.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule
And how do you suppose the politicians got in the mix?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I didn't vote for them, I voted against the two party system. So what are you suggesting, since someone votes them in the voter is guilty of war crimes. Wake up to reality, if these or radicals want to be dead, grant their wish before they kill YOU and your cat.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: EA006

Real Americans would not support torture of anyone for any reason. We claim to be the best and superior to others yet we are the same and worse.

Real Americans will do what they have to do to protect his/her country.

WW2 Soldiers that took in enemies peacefully were all Bleeding Heart Liberals, or we grow more fascist by the day
edit on 8-9-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule
I didn't vote for them, I voted against the two party system. So what are you suggesting, since someone votes them in the voter is guilty of war crimes. Wake up to reality, if these or radicals want to be dead, grant their wish before they kill YOU and your cat.

It really doesn't matter diddly how you voted. The people elected to power in your once great nation are running amok globally and they represent you and your countrymen. THAT is how the rest of humanity will see it potentially. The radical does not want to be dead, he would much rather be paying off his mortgage and putting his children through college, working and paying his taxes. His reality is far different and he's pissed, has nothing, so nothing to lose! When your country finally turns on you, (and it will) you will find yourself in the same boat and you will lash out with the same venom! You won't want to die but with no options left, you will sacrifice yourself to try and bring about what used to be. The American dream stopped at the American border and everything beyond it became expendable!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Real Americans would not support torture of anyone for any reason. We claim to be the best and superior to others yet we are the same and worse.

lol wow... sieg heil.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: WeRpeons

The U.S. always gets away with breaking international law. When you have a powerful military and economic influence, who wants to tangle with that? We broke international law by invading the sovereign country of Iraq! No WMD's yet we still occupied that country for years. Bush, Cheney, Rice and Rumsfeld should have all been convicted of war crimes. Any other smaller country would have been held accountable.

Yes the USA invaded Iraq in 2003.
So did Australia, Poland, Canada and the UK.
Why are you not asking for the heads of those countries?

The history goes back further than 2003. And it is directed towards the US's involvement during those years.

Oil has always been the U.S.'s first priority in the Middle East. President Franklin Roosevelt discussed oil when he met with the Saudi king, Abdul Aziz ibn Saud, just before the close of World War II.

Another cornerstone of U.S. policy in the region has been Washington's support for Israel. The United States was among the first nations to recognize Israel in 1948, even as the United Nations voted to partition Palestine into Jewish and Arab states.

Washington's intervention in Iran — a U.S. and British-backed coup ousted Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh in 1953 — also added to mistrust of the United States in the Arab world.

More

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

What

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What

What... the american master race didnt understand what I meant? I'm shocked. Arent you supposed to be "the best and superior to others"?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Poland has recently been fined by the European Court of Human Rights for allowing the torture of two suspects in a 'black' prison. They were party to a CIA rendition and tortured by use of waterboarding and power drills.

The "waterboard" technique - simulated drowning - was among the methods allegedly used during their interrogation. Their lawyers also say the men were subjected to mock executions in Poland and told their families would be sexually abused.
BBC

Poland has never publicly acknowledged hosting a C.I.A. prison, and, as a young democracy that experienced state-sanctioned repression during decades of Communist rule, it had a fierce public debate about its alleged complicity in the program.

Joanna Trzaska-Wieczorek, a spokeswoman for the Polish president’s office, said Thursday that the ruling was “shameful for Poland,” according to the Polish Press Agency.
NYT

The European Court of Human Rights ruled in favour of a Palestinian and a Saudi national locked up in a US "black site" for several months in Poland in 2002-2003 before being transferred to Guantánamo Bay, where they are still being held.

The Polish government "enabled the US authorities to subject the applicant to torture and ill-treatment on its territory", the ECHR said in its rulings over the cases of Palestinian Abu Zubaydah, 43, and Saudi Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, 49.
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/10989149/European-court-condemns-Poland-over-secret-CIA-torture-prisons.html]Telegraph[/u rl]

This story trickled out onto a handful of news sites in July and may have been suppressed for several reasons. Although there's no doubt these incidents occurred, would a media spotlight cause more good than harm? Torture us and we'll torture you?

Are these examples used as evidence against the West to turn some Muslims into extremists? Should we stifle their existence to prevent the creation of enemies? Should we cease torture altogether...in all circumstances?

Over 50 Governments have played their part in these renditions so it's more like a privately-held group endorsement of something they've all signed treaties against. I guess it's human nature for us in the West to see our use of torture as a regrettable necessity and see our enemies' use of torture as barbaric. Vice versa, our enemies will see us as barbaric too.

Everyone gets to sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I don't think you grasped what I was saying..

We claim to be the best and superior to others yet we are the same and worse.

I made no statement claiming to be a master race or even that we are better, only that we are the same and in some cases worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

What country is that really?

'America The Beautiful', 'The Star Spangled Banner'ed or 'This Land Is Your Land' version?

I despise the war mongering that we constantly engage in. We are not defending ourselves from the barbarian hordes. We make war with them. I understand them as they usually have so little to lose and so much to gain, freedom from our exploitation.

If you go through the actual enacted agenda of the ELITE, a summation can be made that they LIKE WAR. Since I am of the plebeian class, I do not profit from these humanity crushings. They do want me to send my children into harm's way to guard assets or to garner more for the ELITE.

I know this.

I also know anyone who serves this procession of evil will eventually suffer. We are, as a people, lost and despairing for we have no moral compass. The brutality that is fostered by the government externally is is now afflicting our own citizenry. Karma is what it is.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: govmule

You're still responsible. Having the right to vote means you share the responsibility of those who are elected. Did you or I sign the order to arm, fund, and train these guys and then turn on them? No. Are we still just as responsible because we didn't deal with our politicians that did? Yes.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Or what they're tricked, not being terribly bright in general, into believing is necessary to protect their country.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I agree. We have to do what it takes to keep us all safe. And if some don't like, so be it. They just need to figure it out on their own. Then they will realize how "wrong" they were.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Exactly. It's all a big game. You do that to our guys we'll do this to yours but worse...

Except "your guy" planned the murder of 3000 innocent Americans..

And "our guy" was a journalist reporting in the middle east?

I am not for torture...but the "tit for tat" logic fails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join