It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Marshal In 'Quarantine' After Syringe Attack In Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

A federal air marshal is in quarantine in Houston today after being attacked last night by an unknown assailant at the Lagos, Nigeria airport wielding a syringe.

U.S. law enforcement officials told ABC News they were alarmed by the bizarre, unprovoked attack because the assailant was apparently able to inject an unknown substance into the back of one of the air marshal's arms.

Link

I've seen people suggesting Ebola-bombers, but this type of attack hasnt been considered, at least not that I've read of. Not too sure of the efficacy of such an attack, though; I tend to think the Ebola-bomber would be a much more effective means to their end should they consider that type of attack.

Amid fears the substance could contain some form of the Ebola virus, the air marshal was immediately put into quarantine. The FBI said he was screened "on-scene... out of an abundance of caution."

An FBI spokesperson said, "The victim did not exhibit any signs of illness during the flight and was transported to a hospital upon landing for further testing. None of the testing conducted has indicated a danger to other passengers."

If (a BIG if) it is ebola, it would take a while before it was communicable, plus this does not seem like the kind of attack where they would expect to not be noticed, which could be the point.

While the unknown assailant ran away and could not be located, officials said the other air marshals on the team were able to secure the needle and bring it on the flight for testing in the U.S.

The Lagos airport has long been considered a possible target for the terror group Boko Haram which has conducted a series of deadly attacks across Nigeria.

Remember them?
edit on 9/8/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

edit on k102014-09-08T21:10:05-05:00kAmerica/Chicago08 by kicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Where would he get a syringe of Ebola from?
Would it be water that had been in contact with someone with the disease?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

3rd posting on this topic that is being discussed here

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

When i didnt see the topic anwhere on the recent list, i made a new thread.

Mods, please close.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter if it were Ebola or not. Any substance could be infectious, even river water with rat urine in it.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Or blood from someone known to be infected.

Could also (and seems more likely to be) HIV because there would be large and well known population of people with HIV in Lagos.

They need to be putting him on anti ret virals while they are testing the syringe.

edit on 9-9-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join