It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Question for ATS - Who is the Lord of the OT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: moren
both ea and enlil were the yhwh of the old testament . god wants us to shed each others blood he's hungry and so are his children

From Cyrus, Marduk is listed as the one that produced his victories. Marduk and Yhvh seem to be similar. The destinies of man were given to Marduk in the Enûma Eliš.

WIKI

"Marduk's original character is obscure but he was later associated with water, vegetation, judgment, and magic.[5] His consort was the goddess Sarpanit.[6] He was also regarded as the son of Ea[7] (Sumerian Enki) and Damkina[8] and the heir of Anu, but whatever special traits Marduk may have had were overshadowed by the political development through which the Euphrates valley passed and which led to people of the time imbuing him with traits belonging to gods who in an earlier period were recognized as the heads of the pantheon.[9] There are particularly two gods—Ea and Enlil—whose powers and attributes pass over to Marduk.

In the case of Ea, the transfer proceeded pacifically and without effacing the older god. Marduk took over the identity of Asarluhi, the son of Ea and god of magic, so that Marduk was integrated in the pantheon of Eridu where both Ea and Asarluhi originally came from. Father Ea voluntarily recognized the superiority of the son and hands over to him the control of humanity. This association of Marduk and Ea, while indicating primarily the passing of the supremacy once enjoyed by Eridu to Babylon as a religious and political centre, may also reflect an early dependence of Babylon upon Eridu, not necessarily of a political character but, in view of the spread of culture in the Euphrates valley from the south to the north, the recognition of Eridu as the older centre on the part of the younger one."

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet

Who is the Lord of the OT?

My guess is either John Redcorn or Rusty Shackleford.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Who is YHVH? We don't know. If we did, it would not be hidden. Since we don't, it is veiled. Why?

originally posted by: lonewolf19792000
Wanna know who God is? He is Jesus. Know what God's tetragrammaton name YHWH means? It means "behold the hand, behold the nail" or "behold the nailed hand". Now you know the truth when these pundits try to throw that crap at you. Our God is not Marduk, his name is Jesus. Jesus created us, what gives you life is your God.

I came across the below article several months ago.

Have you seen it?

What does YHVH really mean?

Biblical scholars have been arguing about the meaning of YHWH for centuries.

I have thought and prayed about this a long time. I hope I have interpreted it correctly.

In hebrew, “ani” means “I am.” not YHVH

God actually said ” אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה,” as his name, not יְהוָה.

That is translated “I shall be that I shall be,” not “I am”

In English letters, god (Elohim) said his name was HYHA, not HVHY

So, the point is that YHVH was not given by god to be a name.

It was a description

The name officially given was “I am”

But YHVH is written there…after writing “angel”..

What Moses was doing was describing what he saw

Angel of the Lord was actually meant to be the angel, arm and hand, behold the man with his hands and arms raised up, with a nail…..behold the man with the man with his hands and arms raised up.

Moses had never seen a crucifixion.

He saw an “angel that was a crucified man”.

Just think… Moses met the crucified christ 4000 years before he came to earth.

YHVH, Behold, the man, behold the nail

edit on 8-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here is one other major clue to this mystery...

This is a quote written by Prof. Iyke Nathan Uzorma, a former occult Grand Master.

I have seen other confirmations of this as well BTW.

HOW TO ADDRESS THE LORD

After this, the Angel led me to a certain realm of Heaven where I met some of the Prophets of old and true Saints, who now live in the higher realm of Jehovah God and His Christ. Though I saw many other Prophets and Saints of old, but Daniel and Peter specifically spoke to me.

Daniel spoke and specifically emphasized that Heaven is the true home of pure souls, wherein nothing unclean is found. He then pointed out one mistake that many make on Earth, with regards to how they address the Lord. He stated that it is not proper to address the Lord, who died on the cross to save the world, merely as 'Jesus.' He further pointed out that in earthly terms 'Jesus' is a name that any human being can bear. It is true that there are some people past and present who bear this name 'Jesus.' I learnt from him that Heaven expects the Earth to take very serious the sacred teachings embodied in the Kingdom of God in this regard. Furthermore, Daniel said:

"The Angels and Saints of the Kingdom of God frown when the children of men on Earth call the King of kings and Lord of lords 'Jesus,' like they do when they say in Jesus name."

This, according to him, is contrary to what is expected in Heaven and the Kingdom of God in all the realms, including the world of man. "Though," he further stated, "the Lord may overlook this, and consider it as one of the defects of souls still in the world of human existence; yet it is the desire of the Kingdom of God that the Lord should be properly addressed always." How do we properly address the Lord? In this connection, Daniel spoke and said:

"Brother Iyke, let the Christians on Earth know that the proper way to address the Lord of all the realms of existence, who saved the world by His Blood, as demanded by the Kingdom of God, is thus: Our Lord Jesus Christ." Daniel continued: "Therefore let them know that even in their prayers they should not say 'in Jesus name' rather they should call Him Our Lord Jesus Christ."

I turned to Saint Peter and said: "Brother Peter, it is reported in the Holy Scriptures that you and other Apostles at diverse times addressed the Lord merely as 'Jesus' even in your prayers."Peter held my hand at this point and spoke to me thus:

"Yes, but based on the knowledge we had then. You must know that the Scripture is a divine clue, pointing to that which is perfect. Heaven is the realm of perfection. Therefore one must be ready to comprehend things, in the Kingdom of God, on a more perfect level than is generally known among men”.

Daniel and Peter took time to speak to me on different matters of the kingdom of God, nay the realms of Heaven. The issue of addressing the true Lord, not merely as 'Jesus,' but as 'Our Lord Jesus Christ,' was seriously emphasized, as a point of difference between the name of the Lord and other human beings bearing the same name, 'Jesus.'

My 300 Minutes Experience of Heaven [Google & Scribd]

edit on 8-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I believe you have to look no further then the gnostic texts to find the obvious answer to that question...

The OT critter was not God...

He/she/it was either a false god posing as the creator... or an invention of man...

in any case it was not, and could not be God...

and it is nothing that should be worshipped... nor is it deserving of such admiration

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'll keep this short

Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Acts 7

How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain.The wise men are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the Lord; and what wisdom is in them? Jeremiah8

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3

Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him.
But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. Exodus23

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Galatians 4

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Revelation 12

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. Hebrews7

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
Colossians 2

Jesus asked them,Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? Matthew22

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
John 6

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
John 5
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Ephesians 2

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2

Acts 4
The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together

Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1 Corinthians 2

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1Thessalonians4

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him Ephesians1

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians2

ha
edit on 9-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Sorry to bother you again, but the author of the video is asking, "Who is God." I know that answer. God is Love. I am seeking to know who the Lord of the OT is. Clearly, he is not God, but claims to be.

It's getting pretty late here so I won't attempt to answer your question completely.

Below are a couple of quotes I saved that might point you in the right direction though...

The one at the bottom is one of my all time favorites on ATS.

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
The deception is getting deep out there. You have to look at the sources of these "theories". 90% of the time they are coming from gnostic Lucifarian think tanks such as free masonry, rosicrucianism, cabalistic and talmudistic zionism,the theosophical society, and even from ecumenal (counterfiet) christianity. It is important to use 1 john 1:9. Continuously confess your sins to God the Father and the holy spirit will fill you, and will act as a filter that will help you to discern truth from lie, and distortion from reality.

originally posted by: kingofmd
As to the Marduk theory, it is just another unsubstantiated theory, that quite frankly is not compelling in the least

originally posted by: PurpleChiten
Your answers aren't going to come from an internet message board, they aren't going to come from your local church and they're not going to come from a conservative fundamentalist evangelican pastor or group, they can only come from Christ. Instead of asking other people, you need to ask yourself, then you need to pray and read, read, read, read, read.

Sit down away from distractions and read the Bible. Due to your status and questions, start with the New Testament, all of it, not parts and pieces or verses here and there, the whole thing, every word. After you do that, look at other interpretations than those you have been exposed to already. Keep Biblegateway.com open as you do and compare and contrast as you go.

When someone says something comes from the bible, don't just accept it, find it, then look at the context around it, not just the individual verse. Look at the history and culture behind it and think critically while doing so. Only then will you get the true message that's being given.

The Bible isn't meant to be taken a verse here and a verse there, it's meant to be taken as a whole. It's meant to be researched, to read, to be connected to the culture and the time it was written, to be poured over to be internalized. It's not a "Do this not that" instruction book, it's an epic novel that speaks to you as a whole, not in parts.

Set yourself apart from other people, read, pray, read, research, read, pray, read, read, read.... This isn't meant to tear your faith apart, it's meant to rebuild your faith in the correct aspects that direct you to Christ instead of to a social group. A "church", as we know it today, isn't the answer. The churches we have today are there for gathering to share worship of Christ, not build your faith or teach you about him, they do an extremely poor job of that. He likes the joyful noise that comes from the church when it's directed in praise of him, but other than that, it's just a gathering of people, the true church is the set of beliefs and the knowledge of his teachings, not a building.

The only needed participants in your journey are you and Christ, don't let someone else tell you which path to take, you have to find that for yourself by following Christ's influence in your life. The first thing you'll need to do is drop the labels like "conservative", "protestant", "evangelical". Those are descriptions of groups, not descriptions of faith. If you follow Christ, you are a Christian, not a grouping of those other things. Follow him, not labels.

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
You are an open-minded sort of person, by the look of things!

A rare thing in these days and times. I would advise you to pray a simple prayer, and see what happens. Test it out! Simply say: ''God, if you are real, would you reveal yourself to me in some way. I want to know the Truth...''

That's what I did ten years ago, and the very next day someone walked past me in the street, before stopping, turning back and pointing to me. She said: '"You've been praying. God answers prayer. Come with me...''

She was prompted by the still, small voice of calm, the voice of God's own Spirit, who lives with all believers, to be an intermediary between me and God, to prove His existence, so that I could answer the call of God, to give my life to Him.

I came to faith in Christ through her talking with me, and since that day God has shown me a thousand things that I would have no natural way of knowing. He does so in order to help us in real, practical and spiritual ways, and to help others to come to know Him. He desires for you to walk with Him, and to know His voice, and to bless your life in a million different ways. Take it or leave it - but I hope you take it, in faith.

Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you.

Don't bother with 'Droidus the spirit guide' (or others like him) - he has no answers for anyone; not even those who are devoted to him. God Himself will be your guide.

edit on 9-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Who is the Lord of the OT?

The "Lord" of the Old Testament is the wrathful judge and storm god YHWH (Yahweh), who is also Baal Hadad, Marduk, Teshub, Zeus, and Jupiter.

"YHWH is a man of war, YHWH is his name."

- Exodus 15:3

"LORD GOD" (YHWH) is an usurper of his father's throne. The father of the gods is El, who is also known as Enlil, Kumarbi, Cronus, and Saturn.

(Dead Sea Scrolls Version)
"When the Most High (Elyon) allotted peoples for inheritance,
When He divided up the sons of man,
He fixed the boundaries for peoples,
According to the number of the sons of El.
But Yahweh’s portion is his people,
Jacob His own inheritance."

-Deuteronomy 32:8-9

The Old Testament preserves an ancient hierarchical pantheon:

• Ein Sof, Monad, Chaos

• Tzimtzum, Chronus

• Tohu wa Bohu, Tiamat (Nammu) & Abzu (Apsu)

• El Elyon, An, Anu, Alalu, Allah Al-Aliyy, Uranus, Caelus

• El, Enlil, Kumarbi, Cronus, Saturn

• Yahweh, Baal Hadad, Marduk, Teshub, Zeus, Jupiter

[A Psalm of Asaph.]
"God (Elohim) standeth in the congregation of the mighty (El), he judgeth among the gods (Elohim).

How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

I have said, Ye are gods (Elohim); and all of you are children of the most High (Elyon).

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Arise, O God (Elohim), judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations."

- Psalm 82

edit on 9/9/14 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I would ask, who cares who it is ? We certainly can see that WHOMEVER it is, is not in charge of anything, but wants desperately to be.

We can see easily, that it is not a powerful God at all, and seems to be limited in scope, and creativity.

It is EXTREMELY upset that it is an incomplete, and untrusted being, and acts as a fallen entity, which it is.

The Question should actually be,

Where is the original "CREATOR". Hint, it no longer exists....no Observer Left, No All Encompassing Love as you claim.

Only the Mightiest of the Fallen Ones Claim that LOVE is GOD, this is taught in every highest race, by all Avatars, ALL of them are part and parcel of the DAMAGED DNA, they know this, they know they have been doomed for along time, so they try desperately to keep the charade going, by claiming a plan exists, that FAILURE does not exist, and that someone is coming to rescue them.

They just cannot accept, that they ARE the problem, and through the carefully constructed poison words of the Bible, and every other "Holy Book" constructed by literally fallen Artificial Intelligence, the only way they can stay in existence, is to constantly fill the Universe with lies, and false hope,

We were constructed to be a last gasp attempt to break through uncountable errors in trying to find a way back to the Origin, and once they saw it was at last possible, and that THEY could not continue if we succeed, all of this incredible diabolically DISEASED and amazingly accurate descriptions of reality came forth, only tweaked slightly so that we do not fully realize the AWESOME TRUTH, that GOD IS NOT, and never WAS, LOVE.

LOVE, is such a limited, and distasteful description for anything that has gone on in the last billions of years, NOTHING could be farther from the truth.

Realize how this has been stripped of its power, and used to ensure misery, so that we power someone, things endlessly.

And they would have us open the gates which THEY ruined so long ago ??? They WILL NOTget past me!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Only if you present a case.

LOL ... I don't have that much time remaining on Earth.

Give me your points, but not a simple answer. I need evidence. My simple answer is that ...

My simple answer up-front is: Though you seek, the answer to your question cannot be found by you alone. Though the answer may be presented, how would a blind man know what blind is, if he were never able to understand what sight is?

There is a hierarchy of divinity. Though this is clearly evident in biblical texts, popular western religions have merged all into one. As you've found ... it doesn't work very well, does it? There are multiple deities here ruling over specific geographical areas of the Earth. I have felt the divine presence of not less than four of them in my travels. They are distinct. How
is that?

Who do they answer to? How high 'up the food chain' is The Creator?

You said in your OP:

you know I can answer nearly every question of a biblical nature

Where is the first instance of the mention of divine plurality in the bible? Looks like the sixth day to me. My point being, religious texts are written by the hand of man, and may be fraught with omission, misconception, and ignorance. YMMV. Seems pretty clear to me as I don't read a lot into the texts like many scholars do.

Best I can do without getting carried away. Here's a question for you though. Your exclusive opinion ... no scholarly consensus, please. Why did Nadab and Abihu die before the Lord? *What* is "strange fire" and why are those words changed-up so frequently between texts? PM is fine.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Maybe the OT was written by people - biological humans.

Maybe it is the product of thousands or more years of mental construct, that is - thoughts that were the result of cause and effect, influenced in part by the human culture of this particular human lineage which is Semitic/Canaanite/Phoenician/Sumerian and whatever other categories of humans who have interacted within this pool of human culture.

I was reading parts of the OT a few weeks ago and was struck by it's violent nature. God, in these phrases is threatening/or warning it subjects of all the violent consequences that would fall upon the people if particular rules were not followed. This seems to be a strong central theme in the OT.

In the OT - morality is urged by threats of ill consequences.

---

In some countries - these ideas are very foreign. If one were brought up in this Semitic/Canaanite/Phoenician/Sumerian culture as we are in the United states/UK amongst many (or most) other nations, these ideas may seem universal; however if one has the experience of being brought up in another culture, isolated from this one, they realize that these ideas are particular to this culture and view the ideas as foreign to them, and not - universal truth. (I am not saying that these scriptures are void of truths.)

In some Eastern systems of thought - morality is not based on some god that decrees punishment, but a universal nature or law that is apparent through ones own experience; it can be confirmed by ones own observation. What is 'good', (in regards to actions and emotional/mental dispositions) in this system of thought is - what leads to well-being, welfare and happiness; while what is 'bad' leads to grief, suffering and despair.

In these scriptures, people are urged to be 'moral' (to have particular dispositions) not because they will be punished by some god that does not approve, but because it will be for their own benefit.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I believe you know my answer. Its quite simple. The mind of man mistook the acts of satan for God. The mind of Moses who gave us the law of Moses as Jesus called it. Or your law. The law that is the power of sin.

The law says sacrifice this and that over and over, but the prophets proclaim over and over that sacrifice and burnt offering were not required by God.

Jesus says "you have heard it said" in the law, by the god "YHWH", "but I tell you". I give you a different command, I who was in the bosom of the father, I the one who knows his heart, I who am the exact representation of the father. "I tell you do not return evil with good, and pray for those who persecute you SO THAT YOU MAY BE LIKE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN".

"Until this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds" this is the cherubim veil. This is an enigma in the mirror. The faces of the cherubim shift and change, like the image of god. "only in Christ is the veil removed"

12Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, 13and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. 14But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. 15But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; 16but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Moses is a type of the veiled mind. He could not enter the promised land but died up on Mt. Nebo.

The letter of the law kills. The entire book of the bible read through the mind of Moses will kill destroy desolate.

ONLY in Christ is that veil removed. Then when we look in the mirror with unveiled face do we see the clear image of the Father. Which is Jesus who is the Lord, aka the Spirit. The Lord of the OT is the multifaced cherubim. Jesus broke through that veil to reveal the true heart of the Father.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The 'god' of the Old Testament is mostly a human construct. I highly doubt there is very much of the real God in the Old Testament. The OT god is the exact opposite of Jesus ... and I'll stick with Jesus.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The answer to your question is overwhelmingly, Jesus Christ. He is Yehwah incarnate.

He is Aleph (The powerful)-Thau (The unique mark).

Yehwah elohenu, Yehwah ekhad. Lord is God (Aleph), Lord is the unique one (Thau).

Read the 6th Seal, Matt 24, the entire book of Zephaniah, and the rest of the Day of the Lord prophecies. Jesus declared Himself to be Yehwah on the Yom Yehwah (Day of the Lord).

God rightfully accuses sinners, Satan accuses God.

The world under Satan's dominion is God's enemy, the humble belong to God.

The gentiles were always destined for salvation, Israel rejected the call to be the first fruits and to evangelize the world.

Defense of a nation via war is not the same as murder. If God asked Israel to kill, it was for a reason.

Satan is not God. Satan revolted against God.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There is a story that could shed some light. I'm not going to say it is the true but probably the answer you may be looking. Is not an easy reading due to the wording and it may be complicated to understand. But in resume here it goes as simple as I can put it:
In the beginning was the Spirit, this Spirit creates Barbelo (the forethought, feminine counterpart). The spark that ignites from the combination of this energy beings became a pale light and is named Autogenes (the only begotten child, the aeon Christ, the Anointed One). This the Gnostic Trinity.
Now, this Autogenes (He is androgynous) created four other creatures like Him (androgynous in nature). - Could they be the four living creatures that Ezequiel saw? (This is my thought) -
Each of those creatures created 3 more beings, one of those creatures was Sophia (Wisdom). Sophia is a reflection of Barbelo. Barbelo is the forethought and Sophia is the afterthought.
Sophia wanted to emulate the Spirit (the Father) by producing an image of her. However, Sophia did not consult the Father before doing this. Sophia had the power to procreate, but lacked the necessary knowledge. Sophia became scared of her creation. He was an ugly, imperfect creature with a body of a serpent and the face of a lion. Sophia called her child Yaldabaoth. Out of shame and disgust, Sophia cast him out and hid him in a thick cloud.
Since he was hidden, in that dark cloud he believed that he was the first and true God. Then he created matter. From this matter he created the world. Sophia change his name to Samael. But Sophia still gives him some light so his creation could have light.
Sophia finally realizes the great magnitude of her mistake and begins to repent. Sophia begins to pray to the Father (the Spirit), and asks him to restore the power that Yaldabaoth stole from her. The Father accepted her prayer. Yaldabaoth now heard the voice of the Spirit. The Father rebuked Yaldabaoth and his creations. When Yaldabaoth looked he saw the image of the Spirit reflected in the waters (a human form?). Yaldabaoth summoned all the angels and archons (his creations); together they created a being in the likeness of the first man (let us make man in our image?).
The Spirit and Barbelo wanted to rescue this human being that Samael created.

For more details look for Gnostic Jesus or Pistis Sophia.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Yahweh is an imposter god in my opinion. Could you ever imagine Jesus telling his followers this:

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

I couldn't see these words coming out of Jesus' mouth personally, killing your neighbor is the total opposite of loving them as Jesus told us to do. Yahweh is a fraud in my opinion.

Yahweh denied Saul kingship because he spared a few cows and sheep. Yahweh was a god of conquest and war impersonating the true God.

John 10
8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What do you think Jesus will do when He returns? Read about the Day of the Lord, then read Matt 24&25.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The second coming is our own when we reincarnate into another body. No one knows the day they'll die just as noone knows the day of the Lord. The key is in the symbolism, symbolism created by the church (Jesus gave the keys to Peter) in order to veil their true meaning.

Jesus and his story are symbolic for the miracle of life itself. God is God of the living because God is life itself and we are in the exact likeness and image of God.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Short answer: cain

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Reincarnation is not garunteed. It comes at a price. The womb will soon be forever dry When the new day comes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join