It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I screamed but he couldn't hear me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Last night/this morning I was having a dream/nightmare, although it didn't feel like a dream, it felt real until I woke up.

Anyway, in this dream I had a brain hemmorage or anneyurism, with this came a feeling of vertigo, everything looked like how it would through a kelidoscope, I tried to get out of bed, but I couldn't because I didn't know which way was up, or straight, I stumbled, fell, and tried to scream for my husband, I was screaming in my head, and the only thing that came out of my mouth was a whisper.. I had such a feeling of helplessness and I was scared to death.
And thats when I woke up and thanked my lucky stars.. .What a nightmare.
----

The last dream I had that was like that (screaming but nobody could hear me) was with Osama.

He gave me a stare down and put his fingers like crocodile dundee did to those two dogs, when he did that, I became paralyzed, I couldn't move and I was screaming but nothing was coming out.

My husband came up from behind and grabbed me, and thats when the trance broke, and I woke up

I hate those dreams....

[edit on 6-12-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
These type of dream scenerios really disturb me as well. I've come to realise over the years and after having several episodes like the one you posted about, that when you are in this state where you are aware of what you are doing to the point that you make a decision to scream out only to find that you are somewhat powerless or paralyzed-that you are actually in an in-between state. Your brain isn't at all acknowledging what you *want* to do, in fact it's almost defying your own will to do something different. Your brain has already passed over into the next realm and is creating dreams for you so that you can remain asleep, but another part of you, which I believe is perhaps your soul, is conflicting with what the brain is doing and thus trying to wake you or move you into another dream type scenerio. It may be that what the brain has created is too disturbing for you, so you attempt to wake yourself, but the brain has shut down temporarily so it cannot be accessed by that part of you that wants to scream out or move or wake up.

I've spent many years trying analyze the mind through dream states. But still I find it difficult to bring clarity or understanding forth, especially when I try to describe my theories to someone else LOL.

Anyway, I think it's all a matter of conflict. I belive there is more than one decision maker asside from the brain. And when *that* part conflicts with the brain, you might be left with a feeling of helplessness such as the one you've described above-and so many other people, including myself have described. One issue I have is trying to figure out which part of the self is making the right choice and which part is trying to hamper or withdraw from the others' decision and why. There has to be some kind of logical reason why when we sleep and dream, we might not actually want to be doing or dreaming what we are at that time, and why when we attempt to get out of that 'setting' we aren't able to..or atleast temporarily we are stuck.

Scary stuff sometimes. That's why I've trained myself over the years to have more control when I'm sleeping. Most times I do a fairly good job, but then there are times when no matter what trick I pull out, I cannot seem to do what I want, or dream in the way I would like to. Although this training has helped me with abolishing my nightmares or negative dream scenerios.

Ahh well, just thought I'd share my thoughts.

join