It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Attack in Chilean Subway Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Now these crap is again in South America ?

These cowards are now expanding to unexpected areas, too much sick people in the world.

As usual, I'll update as needed.

SANTIAGO, CHILE (AP) – A bomb exploded in a Chilean subway station on Monday, injuring at least seven people, the most damaging in a string of bombs planted around the country's capital this year.

Fire Department Commander Ivo Zuvic Garcia said the injuries apparently were caused by fragments in a fire extinguisher placed in a trash bin in front of a food stall at the Escuela Militar subway stop.

Among those hurt in the 2 p.m. (1700 GMT) blast was a cleaning woman who lost a finger, said Dr. Fernando Zapata of the government's emergency medical service. He said nine were hurt, but other officials put the figure at seven.

Anti-riot police, firefighters and bomb squad officers swarmed across the station, which was closed briefly after the blast

At least 28 bombs have been found across Santiago so far this year

latino.foxnews.com...
edit on 8-9-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is really scary. As a Brazilian, I never thought this kind of stuff would happen here in South America.

I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is important news.

This is news that should be followed by all people.

This is news that matters.

You know what isn't, in comparison?

Everything on the current homepage of CNN.com

Here's a screenshot I just took of the "top" headlines:

- Football news
- Royal Baby #2
- BREAKING: FOOTBALL NEWS!!!

It's a shame you'd have to go to "Latino Fox News" to even hear of this story...

Step it up, media.

OP: S&F. Thank you for bringing this story to our attention. I'm off now to research more about this string of bombings, I've heard nothing of it until now.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We are literally living in a world filled with terror. If I were a religious man, I would welcome the rapture about now...

I just can't believe that people could be so cruel. To do such a thing without a care as to whether there may be children hurt or killed is unfathomable. I object to war even in the battlefield, this can only really be a threat to innocent life and would have been carried out with that aim. Sick.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
By the way, I'm reading Brazilian news. Nothing much than what's been said, but apparently the bomb didn't explode on the subway, it happened in a restaurant connected to the subway. A minister and spokesman has said that they will take anti-terrorism actions/laws, so that they will have more power and be able to punish people harder.

Brazi lian news

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Scary it is, yes. I was in Peru in the time the "Shining Path" and it's horrible to live in such a situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Here my friend :

The blast occurred at lunchtime in a fast-food restaurant in a small shopping and eating area next to the Escuela Militar metro station in the affluent residential and shopping neighborhood of Las Condes.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thanks!

Scary times... will be following this thread and the news very carefully now...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

You got that right. Maybe that's one of the reasons why more people joins ATS everyday.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

- Football news
- Royal Baby #2

Yeah, that's messed up... it sure puts things in perspective, huh?

Bomb explodes? Well, yeah, I guess that happened, but FOOTBALL!!! Panem et circenses, guys...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
They already have some details about the criminals :

Translation :

Police sources said it would be a white chevrolet, but also the participation of a second vehicle is investigated, a red Opel Corsa was traveling with two men inside.

The vehicle was parked on the street Hans Christian Andersen and would come at a high speed towards the west.

Both vehicles are being intensively sought in the southern part of the capital.

www.emol.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ok...the conspiracy starts here. Just read what I found and tell me if this doesn't gives another perspective to it.

Chile considers receiving Guantánamo prisoners
By Steve Anderson
Published On : Sun, Sep 7th, 2014
As Obama administration seeks to follow through on pledge to shut down controversial prison, Chile evaluates petition to take on ‘low-risk’ detainees.

Chile is one of several Latin American nations evaluating a request by the U.S. to receive some of the more than 140 low-risk political prisoners held in Guantánamo Bay prison, Cuba, for more than a decade without charge.

According to La Segunda, the U.S. sent Chile a diplomatic note last month requesting help finding a new home for the prisoners, most of whom have not been formally charged with any crimes and will not face prosecution in the U.S.

Although Chile has not yet committed to receiving any prisoners, it will be reviewing the profiles and the number of prisoners that might be received.

santiagotimes.cl...

Yep, seems like he found the way to spread that crap to other countries and make it look like a good thing.

Moreover, in January, during his speech on "State of the Union," Obama said this must be the year to realize its promise definitively -carried in the presidential campaign of 2008-to close the prison in which he is held at 149 prisoners from countries like Pakistan, Syria, Tunisia, Palestine and Afghanistan, among others that have been linked to acts or terrorist organizations. An example: Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, who claimed to have planned the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Beyond the White House began consultations with various Latin American countries, Chilean sources indicated that La Moneda agreed to evaluate Obama's request and that dialogue will begin in the next few weeks to focus specifically on the profiles and the number of prisoners to USA . Santiago could send. Although, he adds, there is still no single-minded determination that has been transmitted to Washington to receive or not a prisoner.

www.lasegunda.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

originally posted by: gatorboi117

- Football news
- Royal Baby #2

Yeah, that's messed up... it sure puts things in perspective, huh?

Bomb explodes? Well, yeah, I guess that happened, but FOOTBALL!!! Panem et circenses, guys...

People watch football stories, not terror bombings in South America.
Don't blame the news networks when it's the folks that tune in that control whats on.
CNN would lose all 39 viewers it has left.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That sounds like a very awfully convenient coincidence, doesn't it?

And the plot thickens...

Thanks for bringing that up.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Has anybody claimed responsibility for this attack yet?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

That sounds like a very awfully convenient coincidence, doesn't it?

And the plot thickens...

Thanks for bringing that up.

Yes sir. First infect other countries with that crap and then invade them using it as an excuse.

2 words : NATURAL RESOURCES.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua
Has anybody claimed responsibility for this attack yet?

As far as I know, nobody for the moment. What it could mean?

EDIT

Found this :

No one claimed responsibility for Monday's attack, but in some previous cases anarchist groups have done so. Sometimes they have demanded freedom for two Chilean anarchists imprisoned in Spain for an explosion in a cathedral in Zaragoza last year.

Looks like BS, I don't believe that.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So... it has disappeared from the big sites. I mean, the articles are still there, but the headlines are all about other stuff... including soap operas.

(I'm talking about Brazilian sites, by the way)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Most people are not aware that most of the worlds terrorists attacks have happened in south and central america and have nothing to with Islam or muslims. Chile has a couple of bombs fail to go off in July as well set by some anarchist group. And had an active terrorist campaign by leftist groups that mostly came to an end 20 years ago. This is the week of the 41st anniversary of Chiles coup so likely it is related to that.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Unusual type of target for Chilean terrorists, they mostly attack institutions like banks. Doesn't look like them. Maybe i'm wrong.

edit on 9-9-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join