It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Union LIFTS Restrictions To and From Countries Affected by Ebola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In the same link I cited as source for this thread I find this hidden gem; you all sitting down?

Meanwhile, an emergency meeting of health ministers and other officials from African Union member states agreed in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa on Monday to lift restrictions on travel to and from countries affected by Ebola.

A number of African nations introduced travel bans and border closures in recent months despite WHO warnings that the measures risk creating food and supply shortages.

"It was agreed that countries should lift travel bans and allow people to move between members states and allow trade but to put proper measures for screening," Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, the African Union's chairperson, said after the meeting.

"We expect them (all member countries of the 54-nation bloc)to implement (the decision) as agreed," she told journalists.

It seems like they're doing this on purpose, the entire world is scrambling to their aid and they decide to only implement "proper measures for screening".

I see the WHO was also against the travel bans and border closings, because it creates food shortages. What to do then? While food trucks enter Liberia, I'm pretty sure some Ebola cases are finding their way out...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We've read travel restrictions and quarantines don't work. I don't have answer. They need to get one quickly.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
We've read travel restrictions and quarantines don't work. I don't have answer. They need to get one quickly.

They wony work for local area and inter Africa travel as the borders are porus.

But a flight Travel Ban on no essential flights to at risk country's and any country's unwilling to comply with restriction to the EU and USA would help or at the very least slow the spread down some what outside of Africa.

Sorry but the African nations had there chance to get on top of this crisis back in feb, they failed so F em, dont care if travel bans do screw up there economy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That's right, WHO says travel bans are not the way. WHO should then point to a course of action. They don't have it I think, it's spiralling.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh dear. Yes, s***w us South Africans, and the rest of Africa, too. Cheers.

If the surname is Zuma nothing can shock me anymore. I only feel sad that we gave this country away to the ANC fools. And that is thanks to the usual countries that always have and want their fingers in every pie.

Jacob Zuma said few years ago that a person will not get AIDS if you take a shower after sex. What more to expect from Zuma's.

As said by a poster on a S.A source - "What good is the economy if we are all dead"?

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: negue

Yes, this latest information/actions is concerning. Even more so, my post US federal air marshal attacked with syringe in Lagos airport adds to your two posts I linked them within mine.

Good post!
edit on 9/8/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: missing info

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The decision seems to have been made because they started to feel the pinch on economy's and the hope of a new vaccine that may offer temporary immunity with a booster 9 months later.

www.newsdzezimbabwe.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: negue

Seems a bit early to be lifting these bans. Those Country's can still operate without people Traveling around.

Supplies is all that is needed in these situations. Food & Water! And Medical Supplies.

We don't need anything else to survive or live.

top topics

join