It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe the world is warming? Fever Rising will convince you!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

You are assuming that GHG's actually work as advertised. I have already shown how that is not true. I will present more over the next day or 2...tis getting late.

You talk about balance, as if there ever was balance. Climate change is one thing that never changes. Change is constant. Define balance. There is none.

Do you think that GHG's were not present in other interglacial and glacial periods? Heck man, co2 alone was multiple times what it is today at the start of the ice age. AT THE START. That should give you a clue how important GHGs are to climate change

Your statement that "methane we are seeing are preventing all that short wave infrared from escaping, causing global temperatures to rise." Let me call you out on that as being factually wrong to the nth degree. There is no way that methane, even a sea of methane can prevent "all that short wave infrared from escaping".

Doesn't work that way....I will prove that later. Right now it is time for bed.

The whole GH model is fallacious and misrepresented.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

We had a small spat of flurries here in Ohio today (Cleveland area). And last year we had a blizzard in mid-October. Could the methane seepage combined with a El-Nina event cause this?

Winter seems to be arriving earlier every year here...which kind of flys in the face of the Global Warming crowd.

There are a couple of factors, but one is that as moisture increases so does cloud cover which will buy us time and slow the warming process down a slight bit, and the same goes for volcanic eruptions, which have definitely increased over recent years as well. The ash clouds will create a reflective shield of sun light and buy us more time as well...but, you have to consider that those eruptions are just spewing out more methane and hydrogen sulfide gases. So, for how long will the slow down be?

Another thing is the current flux of the jet stream, which I write extensively about in the book. The jet stream normally flows in a straight pattern across the northern tier of the US with some fluctuations here and there, you know...during winter time when we here of an Arctic blast. But, what's happened over the past two years now is that that fluctuation is in somewhat of a holding pattern bringing that Arctic air deep down into the Midwest and eastern states. Alaska on the other hand is getting much warmer weather than normal, as is Greenland (which isn't good because you have a lot of land ice melt taking place). Another part of the world stuck in that warm pattern is East Siberia, where more land ice and permafrost are melting due to extreme warm air. Last December just before Christmastime, I saw pictures of a town that is one of the furthest north towns usually covered in snow at that time, fully green and the river was flowing through town, which was usually ice covered. The article stated that an old man said he lived there his entire 70 years and had never seen anything like it. The article said there were a couple of other times over the years where it rained around Christmas time but there was still snow. I spoke with some folks in Alaska who basically said the same thing. A lady said she has lived in Alaska, near Wasilla, for 35 years and never seen temps hit the 90's, but they have had that over the past couple of summers prior to this one. And not just a day or two, but for weeks at a time.

It all starts in Indonesia. They've had so many powerful storms that pull in off the Pacific the past couple of years, it sends the jet stream way up over Alaska pulling that warm Pacific air that far north, then the jet stream dips way down into the continental United States bringing the cold Arctic air. It then pulls way high up over Greenland again pulling the warmer Atlantic air up there and then dips way down into Europe and Asia with cold air and back up again over Siberia with warm air. It's a pattern that started in the middle of the winter of 2012-13. If you remember, winter showed up very late that year, like in February, but once it showed, we had continuous snow and cold all the way to May. Then we had a somewhat cooler summer than usual and then came the brutal winter we all remember last year. This summer? Much cooler than usual. Now, all these descriptions I just gave were for us here in the Midwest. Ask someone in Washington state what they thought of recent weather patterns.

That's as best as I can describe it for now, but I hope that makes a little bit of sense. So, even though skeptics of climate change will use this unusually cold weather to cry foul, it's just the opposite. These patterns have everything to do with a warming climate. And it starts all the way over there in Indonesia with not only all their monsoon rains and extreme weather events, but they also have 22 active volcanoes in that one island nation.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
In a nutshell, there are people like Al Gore who have millions invested in green industry, not to mention those who take govt money, produce zero products and then declare bankruptcy coming out of the experience filthy rich.

These people will make billions if people become hysterical about it.

How many billions (or should I say trillions) do oil and gas companies stand to make should we stand by and do nothing?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The only things as seemingly unstoppable as global warming are those industries.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Agreed 100%. That's why were screwd!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That's as best as I can describe it for now, but I hope that makes a little bit of sense. So, even though skeptics of climate change will use this unusually cold weather to cry foul, it's just the opposite. These patterns have everything to do with a warming climate. And it starts all the way over there in Indonesia with not only all their monsoon rains and extreme weather events, but they also have 22 active volcanoes in that one island nation.

This seems like a straw man argument here. Not one post I have seen has denied climate change. Of course there are people out in the world who will deny it, but denying climate change is like denying the Pacific Ocean exists. Ignorance exists in abundance throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ok, so you are not responding whatsoever to the science I post, now? ...just to any remarks about money?

I have asked your opinion in several posts about the science... all that comes back is silence.

No offense, but dwelling on the oil industry is ridiculous. How do you propose to end dependence on oil when consumers demand it? Without consumers there would be no oil industry.

I have shown, repeatedly, why the IPCC climate model fails and that their GHG model is also a fail. The occasions you have responded, rather than actually countering the science you seem to just want to use words like propaganda and claiming the science is my opinion. That is until I showed it was science.... then just silence except for digs at the oil industry.

I used academic sources as much as possible and stayed away from anything that even had the smell (from what I could tell) of an agenda. I have yet to see any links regarding your research.

I will say this: You say you did a lot of research, but it seems that what you researched was only a narrow aspect that supports your conclusion. Otherwise you would have discovered much of what I have posted.

True scientific method does not rely on solely looking at data that supports a pre-disposed conclusion.

edit on 13-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Even though tornadoes have had a low count this year, the severe thunderstorms have been epic. They have been continuous and relentless all summer long. I’m way up here in northern Wisconsin, where we don’t get to many big storms, but this year has been incredible and the rainfall amounts…holy cow. The ground was already saturated after the winter thaw because we received a lot of rain in the spring on top of 120 inches of snow. People’s basements were flooding. The rain took some time off during July, for our town anyways, and then returned with a vengeance through the month of August, until the storm of September 4 that rampaged through my hometown of Hayward, Wis.

No offense, but anecdotal stories about local weather has nothing to do with climate change unless those conditions persists over a period of years and are reinforced by global trends.

I believe it was 1979 that Jackson, MS had extreme rains and 100 year flooding...very exceptional. Fortunately it was a freak weather condition that did not persist. These things happen, and have happened, all the time.

This is the same thinking that people use to discount global warming: "Gee the winter was really bad this year, therefore there is no such thing as global warming." Sound familiar? Now if we had bad winters year after year, then yeah, one could point at a trend developing.

Here in Texas the last 2 summers have been pretty mild compared to previous summers. Last winter was particularly harsh, for north Texas. Does this mean an ice age is imminent? No...it just means we could enjoy a couple of mild summers and had to suffer a comparatively brutal winter. A winter that was no where near as bad as what would be considered normal far to our north. We actually had 2 cold fronts in July, with the end of the month experiencing highs in the 70s for a couple of days. We had 6 consecutive days where low records were set for the highs and lows of the days. It's called an anomaly and is common with weather.

Oh, and let us not forget Katrina and how she was blamed on global warming/climate change. Claims that unusually strong hurricanes and weather would become the norm instead of the exception. Remember that?

Instead we have seen milder hurricane seasons with far fewer hurricanes. Correlation does not equal causation.
Yet another failure of prediction by the IPCC.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join