It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a CIA front?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I have a theory. I cant say that I believe it myself, but its something to think about and ponder:

Is ATS a front for the CIA or other government agency:

Why do I suggest this madness? Think about it: What better tool than a resource that combines the collective thoughts and data collection of thousands of motivated people? What intelligence agency can afford to ignore a resource like this? And its FREE!!! There are thousands of people hungry for the truth and news scouring all media sources 24/7 and posting their findings here. Free mass research. From all over the world.

Now, there are definatly some meatheads that post here, but for the most part its intelligent researchers (novice and professional) looking for the truth.

The value of this site isnt just a research tool, imagine the sheer power of these forums in the hands of the CIA or like agency? They could control misinformation and spread it like wildfire. Not only spreading it, but molding it as it develops. They would have 100% control over all data. Deleting and banning as they seen fit.

What a great tool to measure and gauge the masss reaction to real and planted news. Im sure they would have some logic and controls built in to scan for certain hot topics and members and track them accordingly. I can see the morning meetings at CIA headquarters deciding how to mislead enemies of the government and agency after briefings containing results from the previous days data

Im telling you guys, I can think about this for hours, the power of a tool like this site cannot be ignored by any intelligence agencyOh yeah: Who says its run by a US agency either? Mmmm...

[edit on 6-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
skippytjc says:

"I What better tool than a resource that combines the collective thoughts and data collection of thousands of motivated people?"

I don't see much data collected by people here, motivated or otherwise. As a matter of fact, I'm the one who keeps whining here because there is no realistic data collected!

"Now, there are defiantly some meatheads that post here, but for the most part its intelligent researchers (novice and professional) looking for the truth."

We aren't researchers; we're (at lesat in the eyes of the mainstream) harmless nuts.

"...the sheer power of these forums in the hands of the CIA or like agency? They could control misinformation and spread it like wildfire."

How is that different from what is happening anyway?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No no no...your all wrong, completely wrong. The CIA is just a front for the Squirrell Liberation Army (SLA) and they have been invading us for years! Beware!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You caught us... we surrender.

You do realize that the owner of this site is British, right?

A British man in cahoots with the American CIA. Hmm....well, now that I think about it....

Naaah.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
While it's very thoughtful you would attribute so much to the staff and administrators here, your theory has been brought up and shot down numerous times in the past.

Also members, this is not the first time this person has branded someone a CIA operative. Who knows; even YOU may be in cahoots with those crazy spooks!

[edit on 6-12-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
No no no...your all wrong, completely wrong. The CIA is just a front for the Squirrell Liberation Army (SLA) and they have been invading us for years! Beware!

You're close. It's the Squirrell Liberation Army Wing (SLAW). We just can't get enough cabbage.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Evil squirrels. Deny NWO Squirrels!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
Evil squirrels. Deny NWO Squirrels!

Hey, haven't you been clipped Sparky?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Personally I think ATS is run by Hamsters from British Intelligence

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm in the CIA? Sweet!

Oh wait...I thought we were NSA? No, no...I got it...we're ATS. Dang I always mess up those 3-letter acronyms.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
u caught us

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well I have not received a Paycheck, What Gives!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
LMAO ...............
*pauses for a single tear to drop out of my left eye*
LMFAO!

great.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What CIA.. Gosh Darn it SO, I am owed ALOT of back pay. If anybody askes if I gave my all for the country I can point to the endless responding to these threads

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What!!??!?! SO??? Why didn't you tell us in all those staff meetings? Let's see, I've been here for a little over 3 years if you count past boards. Hmmm...let's see, I'm an SM. I should be at a pretty high pay rate by now. I'll cash in all my sick days and vacation days for the past 3 years. Should be looking at a pretty good check for back pay. You can forward it to my addy in record.

Seriously, though, this theory has been batted around off and on for a long time. It's just a site guys. Owned by a Brittish chap, and, no, he's not in connection with MI 5 or any other organ of Her Majesties Intel services. If you are looking for points, my dear chap, pick an unique topic for discussion.

regs

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

These beliefs usually center around a theme such as those mentioned above. The website Dictionary.com sums this up simply as an "extreme, irrational distrust of others."

Psychotic Features of Bipolar Disorder

seekerof

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc Is ATS a front for the CIA or other government agency:
(twist and shout) No. YOU are a government agent sent here to discredit the Internet's largest and most popular gathering place for like-minded people concerned about the possibilities of government conspiracies, secret societies, and related inappropriate secrets. We've seen agents like you before. They come here and claim this site is any number of things in an attempt to fool as many paranoid members as possible. Well, as you can see, the efforts of you and your buddies are for naught. Not only are we still here denying ignorance, we're bigger and better than ever. So crawl back to your supervisors and report that your stealthy digital disinformation campaign has no effect on the highly intelligent membership of AboveTopSecret.com. And really, such a pitiful effort... don't we deserve a better attempt than this... or is this the best you've got?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Mmmm....or is that what you guys would have us believe......

Psy Ops!!!! Stop messing with our heads!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc Psy Ops!!!! Stop messing with our heads!!!
pssssttt.... everyone, his IP traces to a government contractor! Just like all the other agents who came here!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm shocked!!!

The government still let their contractors do the dirty work??

But anyway... There were enough witty remarks made by other mods in this thread already, so I'll stop now...

[edit on 7-12-2004 by TheBandit795]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join