It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions of pounds wiped from value of Scottish firms after yes vote

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Scotland has 100 years worth of Oil left, Westminster's runs out on friday.

You don't have a clue about oil. You don't have a clue about the whereabouts, how to locate it, the extraction, the logistics or the selling. Tell us all something about oil, before you begin this fantasy all over again that oil alone will float our economy for '100 years" .. And for arguments sake, is 100 years a long time in your opinion? To sustain a country .. Do you understand where I am coming from?

I suspect that he has his facts from a Mr Salmond. Has he apologised to you yet for accusing you of being a sock puppet of me, or vice versa or whatever the hell he was on about?

No he hasn't apologised, and I don't expect an apology any time soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Recent think tank advises Scottish nationalists underestimated the economic risks of independence.

www.telegraph.co.uk... ence-says-think-tank.html

Scottish nationalists 'severely underestimate the economic risks of independence', says think tank

Centre for Policy Studies warns against the triple-whammy of declining oil revenues, fleeing financial services and increasing pension costs after independence

Scottish nationalists have severely underestimated the economic risks of independence, a leading think tank has concluded as it predicted a major black hole in public finances after a Yes vote.

The triple-whammy of declining oil revenues, fleeing financial services and increasing pension costs would see Scottish Government revenues drop more than £13bn after a Yes vote, according to the Centre for Policy Studies (CPS).

The centre-right think tank predicted the Scottish Government would bring in just £50bn in 2015-16 – some £14bn lower than predicted by the Yes campaign.

It also predicted the Scottish Government would be spending £13bn more than it raised after deciding to leave the UK. That would likely resulting in tax hikes, spending cuts or increased borrowing after independence.

In a separate development, a survey found that almost 80 per cent of FTSE 100 chairmen believe a Yes vote in the Scottish referendum will be bad for the UK economy.

Nearly a quarter of those responding to the Boardroom Pulse survey said they were not prepared for independence while around four in five predicted their businesses would not be negatively impacted.

The think tanks predicted North Sea revenues for the Scottish Government would fall from £10.1 billion in 2011-12 to £3.7bn in 2016-17 – just over half of the Yes campaign's £6.9 billion estimate.

The "probable" flight of many financial services from Scotland, as indicated by announcement by RBS, Lloyds,
Clydesdale and Standard Life, would further hit Government revenues, the CPS predicted.

It added the rising cost of public sector pensions would be "likely to impose significant pressures on a Scottish budget already straitened by declining oil revenues and the probable haemorrhaging of tax revenues from financial services",.

The report said: "Together, omission of these three factors results in a severe understatement of independence risk, both to Scots in general and to public sector workers and retirees in particular.

"The cumulative impact of these three risks on Scottish government revenues would be £13.8bn in 2015-16. Total government revenues could be £50.4bn, far below the 'yes' campaign's own estimate (£64.2bn) and far lower, too, than the £63.3bn that Scotland is expected to spend in that year."

edit on 15-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

You're just being negative and rumour mongering!

ETA.
Oops.
Meant scaremongering.

edit on 15/9/14 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You mean as opposed to believing in fantasy.

How they even got any votes at all is beyond belief, they cannot even answer the basics, all that is thrown up on this thread is crappy song titles ''I will survive'', ''It's now or never'' and even worse attempts at 'profound' writing straight from the script of Braveheart.

Politics by song title is not a valid method, are they going to sing some songs to the people of Scotland instead of answering valid and necessary questions.

Their stupid fantasy has already cost Scotland billions, writing on the wall and all that.

edit on 15-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Apparently on Newsnight tonight the Spanish Minister for European Affairs stated quite clearly that;

iScotland would be out of the European Union.
iScotland would have to apply via Article 49 along with all associated treaties etc and NOT Article 48 as the 'Yes' camp have been claiming.
Any such application will take at least 5 years.
The approval of such an application would take the agreement of EVERY member state.
All new EU states will have to agree to use the Euro as its currency.

Swapping Westminster for Brussels - good luck with that.

But ignore all that, its just scaremongering.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's all true, I have been writing about it on ATS in various threads for months.

No currency union, no EU, no NATO, nothing and worst of all no answers.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm just reigniting this thread for Soloprotocol as he is only reiterating nonsense we have debunked right here, but in other threads.

His response to this will be "what nonsense?" as opposed to going back and answering basic questions he has chosen to ignore.

In fact I'll be surprised if he answers me (and others here) at all.

<< 15  16  17   >>

join