It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions of pounds wiped from value of Scottish firms after yes vote

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: christmaspig
You know what? I'm done. You rant about people believing what the media and government apparently shove down our throats but then tell me to Google? You are a joke. You want people to believe in your theories and your independent Scotland but you refuse to give any actual intelligent answers other than Scotland will rise we will survive, like an overworked Gloria gaynor song.

Good luck with your non corrupt government. By the way I truly do want Scotland to succeed if it comes to it. However I think there are justifiable concerns that you just aren't willing to think about, instead just slogging on with your we will overcome spiel.

I gave you answers on all three of your questions, see bottom of page 10...

Maybe it was the level of your questions that were bellow average intelligence or my answers were a bit above what your brain could handle.

Oh look, more insults. How refreshing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Double post!

edit on 14-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hello

I just want to say I think of myself as a British person I always have and many of my past generations have also, that is part of me is English Irish Scottish and Welsh and If the Scots decide to break that up it is going to hurt.

To me we are all going to lose this and it saddens me because it is going to cause just more division when in a global sense we have to be working for bigger unions and not a one world Government but a one world people.

If you vote yes I wish you all luck but then we have to see you as a global competitor economically, that is the fact of it.
So shouldn't we all be trying to break down boarders and not putting more up?.

Anyhow as long as you keep making that nice water of yours I will keep on drinking it
edit on 14-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
If you vote yes I wish you all luck but then we have to see you as a global competitor economically, that is the fact of it.

I agree, that is the sad truth of it.
At the moment of independence then I will support policies that provide benefits to the remaining UK, even if it is to the disadvantage of Scotland. I would also expect a Scottish government to support policies which benefit Scotland alone, even if it is to the disadvantage of the remaining UK.
That is the nature of being competing foreign countries, would you support policies which benefit France to the detriment of the current UK? Didn't think so.

...good luck to everyone on our islands though, regardless of the outcome.

(post by Soloprotocol removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That also stands for the currency.

There cannot and will not be a shared currency.

Scotland would be seen internationally as a financial risk and the UK cannot and will not be risking any attachment to it financially, including lender of 'last resort'.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Can you explain why you think the oil reserves are fine?

I listened to the debates, looked around on google, perhaps you should try that. There are anything from zero to a trillion barrels left. Smashing...

So I sit in the middle not with fancy expectations but with room for a little optimism that things can be better.

I asked you previously to highlight your problem areas with Westminster and you still haven't albeit you are still dropping the whole 'blame westminster' lines. So, enlighten me.

There are too many to list and anyway it is just a bait question.

Why are you so set against independence? It is not change just for the sake of it. The city centre today was full of yes campaigners and I tell you some of then couldn't spell the word yes. It is what it is.

Fear? Or facts?

I choose optimism over pessimism, courage before fear. It is hard to discern the facts when it comes down to which ones you choose to believe. It's all good.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

If only there were still far flung colonies à la empire where all the 'yes' voters could be sent to in the result of a continuation of the UK inc Scotland.

More civilized than the ''we will remember you''' threats being thrown around on this thread from, it seems, very uncivilized 'yes' voters.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
Agreed, I would not support the UK being 'lender of last resort' for any foreign country which my vote has no influence over.
I actually struggle to understand why any foreign nation would expect to be underwritten by the UK. Independence is independence, not still clinging on to mam's skirt while saying 'I'm running away'.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: grainofsand

That also stands for the currency.

There cannot and will not be a shared currency.

Scotland would be seen internationally as a financial risk and the UK cannot and will not be risking any attachment to it financially, including lender of 'last resort'.

And you know all this how....?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Agreed, I would not support the UK being 'lender of last resort' for any foreign country which my vote has no influence over.
I actually struggle to understand why any foreign nation would expect to be underwritten by the UK. Independence is independence, not still clinging on to mam's skirt while saying 'I'm running away'.

Who's pound is it...Englands??? We Built the pound up as much as anyone did, We will continue to use it..why, because financially the rest of the UK will be in for a serious bumpy ride if it's not the case.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

If only there were still far flung colonies à la empire where all the 'yes' voters could be sent to in the result of a continuation of the UK inc Scotland.

More civilized than the ''we will remember you''' threats being thrown around on this thread from, it seems, very uncivilized 'yes' voters.

That is unfair and untrue and the fact that you would write it displays a little of your character. It is those that have lied and deliberately undermined the referendum, not anyone that votes no. Do you think it is fair that our referendum should be sabotaged in this way?

Why not tell us to go for it and wish us well...why not be positive?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Does it really matter the details when (as far as I can see) there is little, or no support in England, Wales, or N.Ireland for the remaining UK to enter into currency union with a foreign country which our vote has no influence over.
I don't support Scottish calls for the UK banking system (which governs me) being lender of last resort for them as a foreign country.
That's the deal with being a foreign country as far as I see it, but I do wish Scotland well with whichever other option they choose aside from that.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Who's pound is it...Englands??? We Built the pound up as much as anyone did, We will continue to use it..why, because financially the rest of the UK will be in for a serious bumpy ride if it's not the case.

Who mentioned the pound? Only you.
I said that I do not support the UK being lender of last resort for a foreign country. There is a clear difference, perhaps you do not understand the fine details?

*Edit*
...and you know all this about the 'bumpy ride' how?
edit on 14-9-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Does it really matter the details when (as far as I can see) there is little, or no support in England, Wales, or N.Ireland for the remaining UK to enter into currency union with a foreign country which our vote has no influence over.
I don't support Scottish calls for the UK banking system (which governs me) being lender of last resort for them as a foreign country.
That's the deal with being a foreign country as far as I see it, but I do wish Scotland well with whichever other option they choose aside from that.

Do you believe you will have a say on the matter.? Do you believe that Westminster will put the question of a shared currency in the form of a referendum for the public to decide.?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes, it is Englands Sterling. The central bank is in England. They control it. It is theirs if we go independent.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is a possibility depending on many unknown events yet to unfold after Thursday, my beliefs regarding my influence to change anything is irrelevant, the point is that I do not support the UK being lender of last resort to any foreign country and the 3 main political parties in the UK have shared a similar view.

I'll counter:
Do you believe you will have a say on the matter.? Do you believe that Holyrood will put the question of a shared currency in the form of a referendum for the public to decide.?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Do you believe you will have a say on the matter.? Do you believe that Westminster will put the question of a shared currency in the form of a referendum for the public to decide.?

It's a primarily economic decision. You can peg a pound substitute (like the Punt) to the pound, but the BoE will have command of interest rates and No. 11 Downing Street will have control of UK economic policy. Scotland would have no control at all over the currency. And that's something you want?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'll counter:
Do you believe you will have a say on the matter.? Do you believe that Holyrood will put the question of a shared currency in the form of a referendum for the public to decide.?

We wont need to, Westminster will agree to it. it's a Bluff tactic to sway voters up here. It would be financial suicide for Westminster and rUK not to allow Scotland to have a shared currency....for a few years anyway.

Who knows what will happen in ten years time...Remember Ireland used the pound for 6/7 years after independence because it suited both parties at the time and given the financial climate i dont see Westminster rocking the boat any time soon as far as financial stability goes.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join