It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions of pounds wiped from value of Scottish firms after yes vote

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Once again: what happens in the event of an incredibly close result? What happens if it's a case of 50.1% vs 49.9%? What if the 'No' campaign then demand - as is their right - another ballot?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't think you're a third world country, that's putting your idea onto me. I was merely asking for some answers to questions that have been bothering me. To be honest the aggressive manner in which you first dismissed me, stating you didn't want to trawl through pages of responses, and then the actual response to my innocently posed questions, makes me doubt whether you ever have listened to a case against the independence of scotland.
I'm just trying to get answers to what I believe are important questions.

Can you remember that America also claimed independence from the English all those years back? You ask most Americans now about their government they will tell you it's corrupt. In fact you ask the population of any country and the majority will probably say their government is corrupt. What do you think makes you special?

Also, the fact that Scotland will be unstable after independence, again this is fact, to believe otherwise is ridiculous, leaves it open to large corporations and governments making decent offers to transport your so called world leading medical or energy or whatever facilities and academics to other places, leaving you with nothing.

Finally, you say taxation? You really think the current rate of taxation would satisfy your demand? Especially when hundreds more are on the dole because of businesses or companies moving from the country to a more stable economic climate? When you also have to pay for your own healthcare, what about student bursaries? Your future as you will.

I do not think you are a third world country. I think, however, that you are naive when you believe that independence could happen with no casualties, no times of hardship, no economic crisis. Because you will not have anyone to bail you out without taking their pound of flesh first.
This is what you really need to think about before voting yes. It won't be an easy ride. It won't be parties till dawn then business as usual. Things will change on a big scale, and I don't believe the public are prepared for what it may mean to them personally.
Yeah your politicians will be ok. They have the power and the wealth.
Or did you think an independent Scotland all of a sudden meant that the people had the power. That the public make the important decisions?
So don't worry, your affairs are probably in safe hands. The hands of politicians are always safe aren't they?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: christmaspig
What I don't understand, and if someone could explain it that would be great, is why you think an independent Scottish government would be any less corrupt than the UK government is now.

They wont be but tell that to the 'YES' voters and they wont believe you!
Alex Salmond is a 'salesman' selling them a dream

Also Scotland may be leaders in stuff like medicine, clean energy or whatever, but where does the funding for all this come from? Is it purely from inside Scotland? If it isn't then you may have difficulties with sustaining those standards in the long run.

When things like healthcare and benefits are withdrawn from the country where will this money come from within Scotland?

OIL they keep telling us?

I do actually worry for the Scottish people that they have been misled to believe in a glorious new Scotland where it's all rainbows and butterflies, when in reality they will just be left with massive debt and a highly reduced income, and a government that is still corrupt.

You like many are concerned .... but the 'yes' voters are being seduced
by the pied piper leading them to fulfil his own ambitions and his hoped
for place in history!

I thought your post was clear and concise and was hoping for someone
who was intent on voting 'yes' to reply to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Once again: what happens in the event of an incredibly close result? What happens if it's a case of 50.1% vs 49.9%? What if the 'No' campaign then demand - as is their right - another ballot?

More Whatifery.....if the result is 50.1-49.9 we just have to accept it, whoever wins or loses....like Quebec and other countries around the world do in a democracy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Already answered Christmaspig if you care to look.

Do a bit of research on why Scotland can be a very wealthy country indeed instead of listening to the Biased Broadcasting corporation and it's cronies.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: christmaspig
I don't think you're a third world country, that's putting your idea onto me. I was merely asking for some answers to questions that have been bothering me. To be honest the aggressive manner in which you first dismissed me, stating you didn't want to trawl through pages of responses, and then the actual response to my innocently posed questions, makes me doubt whether you ever have listened to a case against the independence of scotland.
I'm just trying to get answers to what I believe are important questions.

Can you remember that America also claimed independence from the English all those years back? You ask most Americans now about their government they will tell you it's corrupt. In fact you ask the population of any country and the majority will probably say their government is corrupt. What do you think makes you special?

Also, the fact that Scotland will be unstable after independence, again this is fact, to believe otherwise is ridiculous, leaves it open to large corporations and governments making decent offers to transport your so called world leading medical or energy or whatever facilities and academics to other places, leaving you with nothing.

Finally, you say taxation? You really think the current rate of taxation would satisfy your demand? Especially when hundreds more are on the dole because of businesses or companies moving from the country to a more stable economic climate? When you also have to pay for your own healthcare, what about student bursaries? Your future as you will.

I do not think you are a third world country. I think, however, that you are naive when you believe that independence could happen with no casualties, no times of hardship, no economic crisis. Because you will not have anyone to bail you out without taking their pound of flesh first.
This is what you really need to think about before voting yes. It won't be an easy ride. It won't be parties till dawn then business as usual. Things will change on a big scale, and I don't believe the public are prepared for what it may mean to them personally.
Yeah your politicians will be ok. They have the power and the wealth.
Or did you think an independent Scotland all of a sudden meant that the people had the power. That the public make the important decisions?
So don't worry, your affairs are probably in safe hands. The hands of politicians are always safe aren't they?

I dont know how you get to "Aggressive" from me Asking what it was you posted...Maybe i should have just ignored you.

If it's answers that have been "bothering" you for some time, then why dont you google them instead of coming here and creating negativity if you dont get an answer in your time frame...No-one is here to for the benefit of YOU and your inpatient enquiring mind.

As for me not listening to "the case against Scotland" i have listened, I get it shoved down my throat day in day out by the Biased corrupt media and Westminster and regurgitated here by people like yourself. I See what is going on here, it's a orchestrated attempt by Westminster to undermine Scotland.
Go do a bit of homework on "the case for Scotland being independent" as your posts clearly shows you havn't even bothered to do.

You just keep regurgitating the same old pish that the Media spin over and over again...change the channel please. It got boring months ago.

What fate will befall Scotland today i wonder. Earthquake of 9 and above,? Kim Jong Um to back Alex Salmond...oh, we've already had that one...Putin backs indy...oh we've already had that one as well...let me see.. A great flood never before seen since the days of Noah...Germany Bank say Scotland gaining independence would cause a great depression never before seen since the 30's....What a Load of utter Nonsense...Hey, you keep falling for it. The word Gullible springs to mind.

it's funny that us Scots, who if you believe Westminster's Garbage of doom and gloom, and by the looks of it you have fallen for it." are not Scared of what the future holds for us, in fact we will face those challenges and rise..Just to prove a point.

I have not seen anything here other than what i read in pro Union Tabloid Rags or what i see on The BBC to make me change my mind...Not one bit. in fact, the more lies they print the harder we dig our heels in....As i said previously, We wont Win our Independence, but we will remember each and everyone of them who put the boot in.

It's Westminster who are Scared of a Future Without Scotland, Us, we welcome the day we never have to go Cap in Hand to those Bastards ever again.

Scotland has anywhere between 40 and 100 years of Oil Production left, Westminster has until Friday.

Soar Alba.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And here's another thing, A mystery...
More money disappeared from the stock exchange when the polls showed the No vote was in the lead than it did after the polls showed Yes in the lead....Did we hear about that fluctuation in the markets back then????
No, because they couldn't pin the blame on the No vote, that would just be ludicrous.

Take your head out of your arses and look at what games are being played here.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

More Whatifery.....if the result is 50.1-49.9 we just have to accept it, whoever wins or loses....like Quebec and other countries around the world do in a democracy.

If there is a no vote then I for one will not accept it and hope we take to the streets. Not because I won't agree to a fair vote but because of the way this referendun has been undermined and hijacked by Westminster and the media.

Sillars is correct, we will not forget those that have lied to us. The no campaign has been attempting to demonise Salmond and make the call for independence all about him. I am no particular fan but if I were to choose between him, Cameron, Miliband, Clegg or Lamont, I would choose him any day. Let's not forget Brown of course although he seems to think that his opinion is somehow relevant to anything.

Roll on Thursday.

edit on 14-9-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon
A list will be drawn up regardless of the result..you know how this vote will go and so do i...it's not good.

As i said previously. We will never forgive nor forget this parcel of Rogues for their Treason.
None of them have Scotland's best interest at heart. it's all about them keeping their jobs. Treacherous selfish bastards.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

No. Answer my question. I'll restate it if you like, so that you can't ignore it: what happens if it's an incredibly close 'Yes'? Is that a mandate? How do you reassure the 'No' voters, who make up almost exactly half the country? Because they will NEED to be reassured, they will NEED their concerns addressed. Aren't you afraid of the split in your country?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

No. Answer my question. I'll restate it if you like, so that you can't ignore it: what happens if it's an incredibly close 'Yes'? Is that a mandate? How do you reassure the 'No' voters, who make up almost exactly half the country? Because they will NEED to be reassured, they will NEED their concerns addressed. Aren't you afraid of the split in your country?

Stop it, you are scaring me...
What happens in any country or at any vote when one side wins and the other side loses?..perhaps you could give me an example...Without mentioning Iraq, Syria, Ukraine etc etc... We have already had a Vote on devolution..1979...what happened after that. Nada, Nothing, Zilch other than we now hate Westminster even more.

Am i afraid of a split in my country?...where have you been since birth, the Moon..?
West central Scotland has already a divide (religious) and has had so since the Irish Famine days...So far we have managed not to burn the central belt to the ground.

What is the point you are trying to make. or are you hoping for a civil war to break out.?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Stop it, you are scaring me...
What happens in any country or at any vote when one side wins and the other side loses?..perhaps you could give me an example...Without mentioning Iraq, Syria, Ukraine etc etc... We have already had a Vote on devolution..1979...what happened after that. Nada, Nothing, Zilch other than we now hate Westminster even more.

Am i afraid of a split in my country?...where have you been since birth, the Moon..?
West central Scotland has already a divide (religious) and has had so since the Irish Famine days...So far we have managed not to burn the central belt to the ground.

What is the point you are trying to make. or are you hoping for a civil war to break out.?

.... so if the 'Yes' camp wins by a fraction of the vote then bugger the 'No' camp, you'll ignore them and go at it all guns blazing? What next, deport all those who disagree with you?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

a reply to: midicon
A list will be drawn up regardless of the result..you know how this vote will go and so do i...it's not good.

As i said previously. We will never forgive nor forget this parcel of Rogues for their Treason.
None of them have Scotland's best interest at heart. it's all about them keeping their jobs. Treacherous selfish bastards.

"A list"?? What next, you'll set the police on them? What about those who vote 'No', are you going to keep a list of them as well? Or will you be standing at the entrance to your nearest polling booth, cracking your knuckles and telling those who go in that they have to vote 'Yes' if they know what's good for them?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
What age are you, 5?
Listen, after your Anti English bigoted rant a few days ago i do believe you may be trying to win back some brownie points from the people you offended.
It wont wash me me.
Now lose yourself Bigot child.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

As for me not listening to "the case against Scotland" i have listened, I get it shoved down my throat day in day out by the Biased corrupt media and Westminster and regurgitated here by people like yourself.

Typical 'yes' campaigner. Even if anybody had an argument against independence you wouldn't listen, 'yes' campaigners never do. It's the same old 'scaremongering'. I've yet to hear a case for independence.

it's funny that us Scots, who if you believe Westminster's Garbage of doom and gloom, and by the looks of it you have fallen for it." are not Scared of what the future holds for us, in fact we will face those challenges and rise..Just to prove a point.

Face those challenges and rise, 'just to prove a point'... ? Is that how you think this world works? Just as easy as that.

I have not seen anything here other than what i read in pro Union Tabloid Rags or what i see on The BBC to make me change my mind...Not one bit. in fact, the more lies they print the harder we dig our heels in....As i said previously, We wont Win our Independence, but we will remember each and everyone of them who put the boot in.

No you're right, we won't get independence. We definitely should not get independence and I am praying that all the patriots do not get their own way because Alex Salmond will open the doors for this beautiful country to be driven straight into the ground. I remember when he was the MSP for Banff and Buchan and his office was in my town, Peterhead; and he did absolutely nothing for his local community. In fact it was during his reign that the fishing industry in Peterhead collapsed, the towns strongest economy ruined, the town centre deteriorated rapidly and businesses fled.

Scotland has anywhere between 40 and 100 years of Oil Production left, Westminster has until Friday.

Ah, oil. I wonder who it was that started the fantasy that oil alone would float the Scottish economy. Oh that's right, the SNP. It won't. But hey, all the 'yes' campaigners want to leave behind the UK economy and the financial centre of the entire globe (London), smart move.

I don't understand why any Scot would want to leave the UK. I am as proud a Scot as I am a Brit and leaving the UK does not make me anymore Scottish. In fact, if you love this country you'll remain united, because going the other way will undoubtedly scar this country.

It's funny how we (Better Together) are accused of 'scaremongering' when so far all the 'yes' campaigners are doing is gambling.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: angryhulk
Well enjoy a Bust United Kingdom then...We will never get out of the mess we are in if we stay part of the UK...Enjoy being a slave to the IMF because sure a #%*t The UK will default on it's debt in the very near future.

Just have a wee look at the debt, look at how much has been payed back since 2008...nothing..That's right, we have payed not one single penny back on the Banks debt even though we have increased taxes to do that.

We have gone from £700 million even after selling most of our Gold to £1.4 trillion in debt in 6 years. I'll give it 3 Years and it's game over.

But you bury your head and keep telling yourself and your kids everything is gonna be alright. The fact of the matter is it's not. your Kids and your unborn Grandkids are already up to their eyeballs in debt...That is a Fact.

The UK is finished, The Empire is done.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Well enjoy a Bust United Kingdom then...We will never get out of the mess we are in if we stay part of the UK...Enjoy being a slave to the IMF because sure a #%*t The UK will default on it's debt in the very near future.

Just have a wee look at the debt, look at how much has been payed back since 2008...nothing..That's right, we have payed not one single penny back on the Banks debt even though we have increased taxes to do that.

We have gone from £700 million even after selling most of our Gold to £1.4 trillion in debt in 6 years. I'll give it 3 Years and it's game over.

But you bury your head and keep telling yourself and your kids everything is gonna be alright. The fact of the matter is it's not. your Kids and your unborn Grandkids are already up to their eyeballs in debt...That is a Fact.

The UK is finished, The Empire is done.

So what you're saying is that by leaving the UK we solve the debt crisis? When actually we'll be sending the wrong message internationally and plummet straight into another recession (the south included).

You speak about debt like it's yours, it's national debt. We're all paying this debt. England is paying this debt. Wales is paying this debt. NI is paying this debt. Some of your comments are bordering on childish as well; I am beginning to wonder if you understand the brutality of splitting a 300 year old union.
edit on 14/9/14 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I and many hundreds of thousands of Dead Iraqis fully understand the Brutality of being part of this 300 year old Union.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoloprotocolAs for me not listening to "the case against Scotland" i have listened, I get it shoved down my throat day in day out by the Biased corrupt media and Westminster and regurgitated here by people like yourself. I See what is going on here, it's a orchestrated attempt by Westminster to undermine Scotland.

it's true, the media scaremongery regarding a 'yes' vote is a sight to behold. the papers, the tv, the radio are all parrotting the same crud like a mantra. they are in a panic freefall and handling it like children would.

YES for Scotland

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I and many hundreds of thousands of Dead Iraqis fully understand the Brutality of being part of this 300 year old Union.

So you must not agree with the SNP's plans to (re)join NATO?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join