It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions of pounds wiped from value of Scottish firms after yes vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

No problem. It's only the private financiers imaginary money. You'll be printing your own soon enough.

The yes vote is looking like a certainty now. What bothers me is East India Company Cameron's active participation in the fake oil discovery story that was obviously concocted to sway a whole sector of undecided. If Cameron wants YES there's more than a catch to it. The 'elite' chose Scotland as a refuge a long time ago. That's what the clearances were about in case you hadn't realised.

Do the 'elite' want some kind of large scale unrest as an excuse to get rid of another mass of the common people?

Play this one carefully, Scottish people, the pitfalls have been prepared by think tanks of the most devious brains available for hire.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Thats a very misleading title thread, and an incomplete/incorrect quote.

So will will take no notice of it!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

There has not yet been a vote.

What utter tosh.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I grew up in Scotland, I have lots of family and relatives there.

Most are voting No though a few are voting Yes.

This thread should probably say ''poll' on the thread title.

There are so many businesses that would leave Scotland as well as many that wouldn't trade there anymore, many of which Scottish industry depends on.

The stock market now is just a glimpse of how affected they would be.

Added to that the fact they wouldn't be able to use the pound and would have to reapply to the EU and that adds to a lot of affected people.

Much of Europe wouldn't even bother trading there at all and many nations would see it as a third class nation, a defector and way behind in the queue for the much lauded EU membership.

Most of the money in the UK is in London, from foreign investors.

If Scotland wants more autonomy then I can see the government giving it though it should be at the expense of Scottish MP's voting on English matters and having MP's in Westminster.

People in Scotland need to stop being seduced by some tartan and bagpipes romantic notion perpetuated by Braveheart and wake up to reality.

Boris Johnson has his detractors but in this article he says a lot of things that needs saying.

www.telegraph.co.uk... er.html
edit on 8-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I wish it was possible to down vote a thread original post.

Just a horrible thread title.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cyberheater
I wish it was possible to down vote a thread original post.

Just a horrible thread title.

Don't read it if you don't like it. Easy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah. I cut the title short.

However I think it's now a foregone conclusion. Cameron's willing participation in the fake 'secret oil field' vote getter confirms it's in the interests of the 'elite' to get a YES vote. That means something fishy's going down, as ever.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jajaja

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

But it is not a foregone conclusion.

May I point out, that many Scots are playing this closer to their chests than a winning hand of poker, or a match winning play at a rugby match. The reality is, that many of our northern brothers and sisters, are keeping their own counsel about their voting preference with regard to independence. This poll probably accounts for a fairly small cross section of the Scottish population, and there are a fair number of folk whose only answer to a poll would be "Mind your own bloody business!".

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Getting 404 on the link.

Thank you for an intelligent reply.

Click on my link and you get the full title including 'poll'. I cut it short because I was of the opinion the YES vote was a certainty. It's just now occurred to me the intention may be to give the impression a yes vote will prevail, then, on the NO vote winning, civil unrest followed by a crackdown using the Glock equipped cops.

Hey, this is ATS, I'm allowed to be imaginative to cover all the options.

When you say "money", I say "debt based fiat currency".

I'm told by a very intelligent man with his finger on the pulse that Scotland has far more influence in the world than is commonly known or acknowledged. This could affect things greatly in a surprising way.

Got to research what Boris said. Back soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Yeah. I cut the title short.

However I think it's now a foregone conclusion. Cameron's willing participation in the fake 'secret oil field' vote getter confirms it's in the interests of the 'elite' to get a YES vote. That means something fishy's going down, as ever.

What "Secret Oil Field"?

How would the "Elite" benefit from an independent Scotland?

Is this your opinion or do you have a source for this information?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the elites and has everything to do with the people having their own nation finally?

To me it sounds like you are reaching too far like alex jones does.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Assuming I'm on the right Telegraph story the comments are going crazy. I've never seen anything like it.

Here's a snippet from one of the comments. "I am at a loss to understand what the BBC is up to just now - every mention of the referendum on the BBC radio news ends up with a SNP soundbite as the last word..." This is an example of the indications showing the 'elite' want a YES. If they want it, watch out. They don't have our interests at heart. When it all plays out in an unexpected way, they designed it. And they benefit.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm coming from the angle that the vote is rigged.

Thank you for your always welcome contribution.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd

No! No! Don't compare me to Billy Bones! Please!

But really. What vote isn't rigged. What major decision isn't made against the wishes of the honest people. Scotland has a chance. It will take the combined efforts of the real Scots to make this work.

I've seen the ghosts. I don't expect you to understand that if you haven't seen them yourself. I saw them, a few months back, when I made my first trip to Skye for many years. They were standing around the old houses, watching. Something big is going down and it's ancient. It involves the slaughtered and dispossessed of many generations. It was on this journey that I saw them. I can't expect any of you to do anything other than dismiss it as insanity. The inhabitants of Scotland past are watching the progress of Scotland now. Draw strength from your ancestors.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think that you'll find out that the conservatives want a yes vote purely to remove a very large chunk of labour MPs from Westminster being as a large part of Scottish MPs are labour and not conservative. That in itself would greatly strengthen conservative power at Westminster.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think that you'll find out that the conservatives want a yes vote purely to remove a very large chunk of labour MPs from Westminster being as a large part of Scottish MPs are labour and not conservative. That in itself would greatly strengthen conservative power at Westminster.

At the same time if there is a Yes vote (and we still have ten days to go, so anything could happen) then Cameron would be forced to resign PDQ. The PM who lost the Union? The 1922 Committee would chew him up and spit him out.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That Britain should once again be split into 2 smaller countries, both of which speak English, is just a bad idea. Britain is a feeble shadow of it's past dominance, and a yes vote would make it worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Last I delved into this topic I nearly had my head bit off. Of course, I was telling friends of a friend who had happened to be Scottish that voting "yes" wouldn't be such a smart idea. However, I still stand by my belief that "independence" from the union wouldn't be a good idea for a plethora of reasons ...

1.) Man power
2.) trade
3.) reapplying to EU
4.) new currency

among many others...
Sorry for the brief reply,
I'll touch base on my lunch break

~Sovereign

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join