It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers take turns beating Bronx man after search turns up nothing.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
The victim was on parole after serving a sentence for GANG ASSAULT. Oh the irony.

Has nothing to do with with happened to that guy, but I'm sure the cops share the same mentality as you do and that's why there is so much racial profiling. How many suits on Wall Street get stopped and frisked?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Good luck convincing the 95% of the population that anything is wrong while they hold their hands to their ears and go "LALALALALALALA! I can't hear you!"

Yes, something needs to be done. I'm just not sure what can be in this current state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Good luck convincing the 95% of the population that anything is wrong while they hold their hands to their ears and go "LALALALALALALA! I can't hear you!"

Yes, something needs to be done. I'm just not sure what can be in this current state of affairs.

A big irony there, much more so than able frogman's,

G.W. Bush once said, "I hear you" then created the 'patriot act', still in situ!
It's not ordinary peoples fault, it's on Capitol hill..they all know they are fecking about with peoples lives big time. While they wax lyrical about about the American spirit, the Patriot Act allows law enforcement to treat citizens like any type of garbage, at any time anywhere. Sooo wrong. So, "Whatever it takes"

I will add, does anyone see 'Officer safety' being necessary when the policewoman optioned for the handcuffs in the video?

edit on 8-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

"At one point…you had a chance, to put both your hands behind your back. Why didn't you….?"

Any other questions?

Help us.

# 283

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

"At one point…you had a chance, to put both your hands behind your back. Why didn't you….?"

Any other questions?

Help us.

# 283

Well the guy had already shown his hands initially, as had the other one being searched, AKA 'hands up' that was about the last decent line the police had after doing a suss without a warranted, 'probable cause' and after being body searched, to make an arrest and he wasn't still in their custody since both of them sat on the steps after the searches. The implication of the aftermath is that asking about "why the search" is tantamount to something arrestable without Miranda. That is beyond muster in a proper court here.I don't know why people in the US talk about martial law powers coming in, because in essence they are already there in the police forces. Now there are the daft agencies giving out military weapons to the police.
edit on 8-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

The victim was on parole after serving a sentence for GANG ASSAULT. Oh the irony.

Has nothing to do with with happened to that guy, but I'm sure the cops share the same mentality as you do and that's why there is so much racial profiling. How many suits on Wall Street get stopped and frisked?

I didn't say the cops were right, they weren't, they should all be fired and charged like the criminals they are. I was only pointing out the irony. As far as you saying " I'm sure the cops share the same mentality as you do..." shame on you!!! Who's profiling now?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What I saw was two female cops not being able to handle their own jobs. They search the two dudes on a whim, then when their probable cause (and authority) is questioned, THAT'S when she gets butt hurt and out come the cuffs. Beyond that, it's all simply "resisting" and once the calvary shows up, it's anything goes. Nothing to do with any crime being committed. Unlawful arrest.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

I didn't say the cops were right, they weren't, they should all be fired and charged like the criminals they are. I was only pointing out the irony. As far as you saying " I'm sure the cops share the same mentality as you do..." shame on you!!! Who's profiling now?

ah yes the irony...if i had to guess i would say because you always seem to step in with a reason as to why the cops are justified.....so you weren't so much profiled but assumed that you were at i again....

and to the OP just another day and another beating by cop...this is becoming the norm ...very sad

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

All this and the cops were there on a noise complaint. First off why would he need to be searched on a noise complaint?

Why were there 6 cops there on a noise complaint?

Someone calls the cops for a simple noise complaint and the cops beat the shyt out of their neighbor. I am pretty sure that is not what the caller had in mind.

What a bunch of BS

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

All this and the cops were there on a noise complaint. First off why would he need to be searched on a noise complaint?

Why were there 6 cops there on a noise complaint?

Someone calls the cops for a simple noise complaint and the cops beat the shyt out of their neighbor. I am pretty sure that is not what the caller had in mind.
What a bunch of BS

That's what is going on though. The police are on a murderous roll, and there is no sign, there can be no sign, of it ending until the Fourth Amendment is reaffirmed in it's original intention by Congress, The Patriot Act makes a nonsense of the Fourth Amendment, it's made along with other court case findings, police almost invulnerable to any kind of prosecution, and it just gets worse and worse, the police don't need, 'probable cause' any more, (they likely didn't even before the Patriot Act) haven't for ages and that allows them every trick in the book, 'Officer safety', 'Special needs detention'...that's a good one! The use of deadly force is easy peesy, all the police need to prove is some kind of provocation.. but only at the time deadly force is used, doesn't matter if they actually created the circumstance in the first place. California police in 2010 killed 15 unarmed people, all it need take is a 'furtive motion' California police even have named gangs in their departments..and everyone knows what the gang mentality can be.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Every single one of those officers involved should be brought up with assault and battery charges and the department sued till they are bankrupt. The charge is disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Yeah but what is the reason for the arrest?? Absolutely nothing! He was just standing there minding his own business and the police instigated the whole thing on video and they call in all their buddies and they take turns beating him. Put a red arm band on those cops and you could call them Nazi's.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
i really do not understand you Americans , this kind of thing is happening all the time .

but you do nothing .

you vent your anger on these subjects on forums , but still you do nothing.

you cite your constitutional rights , but still you do nothing .

is it not time to petition your government to do something about this blatant abuse of power ?

Our government can't do anything. In the political debates and especially at election time the statistics of those who more restrictive policies have captured get paraded out, and then framed as if we don't do them X criminals will be on the streets. Which then becomes the soft on crime charge. No one can get in office or stay in office if they look soft on crime because the reality is most Americans are ok with these sorts of things as long as it's not them, for the most part we don't even agree with our own constitutional protections. As a people we are judgmental, petty, and spiteful and as a result want to find every possible criminal by any means necessary, and hit them with harsh penalties. Ultimately the politicians have to follow the will of the people.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Well the guy had already shown his hands initially, as had the other one being searched, AKA 'hands up' that was about the last decent line the police had after doing a suss without a warranted, 'probable cause' and after being body searched, to make an arrest and he wasn't still in their custody since both of them sat on the steps after the searches. The implication of the aftermath is that asking about "why the search" is tantamount to something arrestable without Miranda. That is beyond muster in a proper court here.I don't know why people in the US talk about martial law powers coming in, because in essence they are already there in the police forces. Now there are the daft agencies giving out military weapons to the police.

Cops realized fairly recently that if they don't arrest you they don't have to Mirandize you, that way you don't get those protections. A case happened in California fairly recently actually where a man used his right to remain silent and not talk to the police. The police used that to infer guilt, and it was critical in his conviction. The police argument was that because he wasn't arrested or Mirandized he had no right to remain silent.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I thought the new mayor got rid of stop and frisk..what gives??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join