It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does an aborted fetus' soul die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When a human dies, does the soul live on? I assume it does and goes to heaven or else it is reincarnated, depending on your beliefs.

So if a fetus is aborted, the soul in the fetus doesn�t die, does it? It goes to heaven, or if you believe in reincarnation, it finds another human to find home. In a way we as humans are �containers� for our souls. (and there�s a whole UFO thing about human containers and souls, but I won�t get into that here).

So why is abortion bad?
If the soul does not die with the fetus, it will go on to Heaven.
What�s wrong with that?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The actual matter to be discussed should be: At what point does the soul/spirit enter the fetus from wherever it was before or is the soul/spirit created and linked with the body at conception?

Rather than view the body as a "container" for the soul/spirit, I look at it as an interface that enables something non-physical (as we understand it) to be able to affect and be affected by the physical world. Furthermore, I believe it is only the brain itself that is capable of hosting such a link and not the rest of the body since it has been proven that you can remove almost any bodypart except for the brain and the "I", the self, will remain. But remove or damage this one organ, and the link cannot be made correctly or made at all.

For this reason. I do not think the soul/spirit actually enters and links with the embryo until the tissues have differentiated and the structure of the future brain has achieved a certain level of complexity. I must admit however, that I have no idea at what point in gestation this occurs. I would theorize that it happens fairly early.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
how would you like it if someone aborted you? how would it feel to have it done? how would i feel if i were the one to do it..... i think i would feel mean and out of controll ,out of hope, at the end of my rope...unsure...alone...regretful..selfish...sad...lonely...desperate...dark...hollow...cruel...painfull...scared.....depressed...gorry...gross....ter ible...over the edge...crossing the line...horified..tearfull....afraid...weak...shamefull..like a murderer...i couldent sleep...i couldent wake....couldent talk....WAIT A MIN..i thought it was i who did the destroying....but really it would destroy me....what a twist! you get out of life what you put in ....nothing more powerful than bringing life, rather than death, into a dark world.................to any one who has had one you know......to any one who might ....think......

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Abortion is a medical abomination. For a doctor to remove a life outside of a life-threatening proceedure is contrary to the Oath of Hippocrates. it was forbidden in the original Hippocratic oath to give abortive measures to women.

Civilized socieites of men throughout history have abhorred abortion and all has never given it the degree of liberality Westerners have.

Arky

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ninki, im sure women after having an abortion feel like everything you described, but it is their choice, and nobody elses.

Civilized socieites of men throughout history have abhorred abortion and all has never given it the degree of liberality Westerners have.

Incorrect, there has never been any civilized society of men throughout any point in history.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i would not rather that they die in the process..or that they tryed to do it themselves or that they were shunned for it..but i would rather that they would choose not to do it at all...i just feel sad for those women ...just so sad....

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The soul enters the baby as soon as the sperm enters the egg. When an unborn baby is killed the babies soul is sent to pergatory not heaven because it was never baptized. I feel so bad for them. Thank GOD Bush is going to get rid of abortion.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
The soul enters the baby as soon as the sperm enters the egg. When an unborn baby is killed the babies soul is sent to pergatory not heaven because it was never baptized. I feel so bad for them. Thank GOD Bush is going to get rid of abortion.

I am not baptized? Will I be sent to purgatory?

Purgatory, according to the Roman Catholic church, is a place where souls are sent to remorse and be cleansed of their sins. What sins has an unborn child committed?

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
i would not rather that they die in the process..or that they tryed to do it themselves or that they were shunned for it..but i would rather that they would choose not to do it at all...i just feel sad for those women ...just so sad....

I agree with you. I just feel that its ultimately their decision.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Croat56- ok well i have to Strongly disagree with you!!! as i believe all children,,infants,and little in utero swimmers, go to be with the lord,creator of heaven and earth! jesus is fair, he does not trick us or make things hard, his yoke is easy and his burden light, he SAID" Do not hinder the little children but let them come unto me," he DID NOT say" hinder the little children untel baptised, then they may come unto me!" .

Alec- hey its so nice to get along..lol..seriously! anyways yeah i see what your saying about choice, god gives it to us, we have to give it to others, but in this case i would say, ooooh man!!! i just wish it did not have to be this way! ya know what i mean? i wish for the woman that is getting the abortion that she knew of hope, peace and security..i wish that the father would have stuck around,i wish that the man would not have raped her,i wish that more people reached out to her!i wish that she knew she had a heavenly father whom loved her, i wish that her body was sacred to her! i wish that the world was not subject to such frustration,lonelyness,hatred,and pain...but my friend, it is what it is....god can forgive the women who do this thing, he can forgive and heal their lives! of that i am sure! god can restore that wich seams totaly lost. so my final thought on this is that "it was not this way from the beginning, and sadly desperate times call for desperate measures, we are all so desperate...if i could reach but one, maybee two, if only i could make the difference, i cannot..but god can, he is faithful! CHOICE we have been given so much! what is desperate is the choices we choose to make....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Every1 is born with original sin. Being baptized cleanses you of the original sin. So if you are not baptized then you will go to pergatory. That is why unborn babies go to pergatory when they die. So sad.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Every1 is born with original sin. Being baptized cleanses you of the original sin. So if you are not baptized then you will go to pergatory. That is why unborn babies go to pergatory when they die. So sad.

So you judge unbaptised children as sinful? I personally go by their charactor to see if they have integrity.. would you actually tell these children if they are sinners?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
baptism does not cleans you from sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the repentance of the heart!!! what is sad is your thought that anything we can do physically would be good enough to get us into heaven! it is by faith, for you and me, and Jesus said that the kingdom of god belongs to such as these(children). there is no such thing as pergatory- tell me where do you get this biblically? and when you show me that, then i will show you where you are wrong

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The baptizing of children is silly anyway. It's choice that should be made as persons get old enough to make that decision...as to my opinion on the question asked....since when does anyone's energy force (soul) die to start with? Why would an aborted fetus be any different?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ladyv- i agree, i believe children must reach the age of accountability,different for every person and decided by them and god, then they can decide to be baptised or not to, before that i think they go to heaven!
CROAT 56- look where did the theif on the cross go? he was not baptised! Jesus said TODAY you will be with me in paradise! not later when you get out of pergatory.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im not saying babies are sinful Im just saying that every1 is born with original sin. When the baby is aborted it was not baptized. Being baptized cleanses you of original sin. For those that dont know, original sin is when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. That is why they are sent to pergatory.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Im not saying babies are sinful Im just saying that every1 is born with original sin. When the baby is aborted it was not baptized. Being baptized cleanses you of original sin. For those that dont know, original sin is when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. That is why they are sent to pergatory.

How can they be 'sent' anywhere if they have free will? I thought the whole point of free will was to choose whether or not to sin.. and therefore choose where you go in an afterlife? I thought freewill was meant to be for everybody.. if Mother Teresa was not baptised.. would she go to heaven or purgetory?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Free will has nothing to do with original sin. Im not sure what you trying to say.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Free will has nothing to do with original sin. Im not sure what you trying to say.

Free will is meant to give us the choice of either going to heaven.. or going to hell by choosing to or not to 'sin'.
If someone gets sent to purgetory when they haven't chosen to sin.. their free will has been denied to them.
Thats why I used the example of Mother Teresa. Going by Christians standards.. she'd go to heaven because of the good she performed. If she got sent to purgetory for not being baptised.. where is her reward for all her hard work? [not that she's want one]
I assumed free will applied to the soul.. if it is going to be damned in the half way- after the person has used their 'free will' to only do good.. there is no real free will.. it is limited by 'original sin'. I hope I have explained it better this time.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks for explaining but you have to be baptized in order to go to heaven. No matter how much good you do in this life if you are not baptized then you go to purgatory. Evan mother Tereca would have gone to purgatory.Thats just how it works.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join