It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I ran across what seems to be a pretty well organized site with Masonic Symbols organized by catagory. They're each a page of thumbnails which open to the larger individual .gif picture. Not really the spot for explanation or meaning behind the symbols, but it is a pretty large collection. Maybe one of the Masonic members could leave a link to a more complete list with explanations???

www.eskimo.com...

I was actually trying to find a good site for Illuminati Symbols with explanations...From an Illuminatist point of view preferably but if not, then just a neutral point of view. No Religious, Anti-Illuminati points of view, those are easy to find.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The site you've pointed to displays line drawings of a wide range of things you would see in Masonic Lodge rooms and a couple of other orders, as well as some symbols. I expect people would generally use the site for clip art, not for any purpose of enlightenment.

You should be able to easily pick out such things as the furniture and regalia (the aprons are not really representative or realistically drawn).

Anything that looks like a builder might use it is a 'Working Tool' which was used by ancient operative masons and all these have some moral significance explained in modern day ceremonies.

As the ceremonies are private, it's doubtful you'll find any websites with a detailed account of every symbol you might be interested in. But all the secrets of the first three degrees can be bought in paperbacks at your local bookstore if your motive is plain curiosity!

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Just had a closer look.

It's quite interesting how the symbols vary for different Grand Lodges around the world.

I've never seen a beehive or incense anywhere near my Lodge.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
i clicked on the clip art and it said this

File Not Found.
The file is deceased.
It is no longer. It has passed on.
You can not have that file in this life!
The file is dead, lifeless, departed, demised, late, extinct, no more.
It has broken on through to the other side.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Masked, the beehive is probably everywhere, just not easy to see.

It's breifly explained in the Master Mason Lecture and then almost NEVER brought up again, but you look at Masonic pictures with all the symbols on it such as the Ark and Anchor, and it'll be there tucked away in a corner.

More or less just teaches us to be "idustrious"

I doubt your lodges don't have it, I am just betting it's tucked away in a corner of the mural or whatever that you should be showing or should at least have, to teach new members some of the more obscure symbols.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
its so weird, under the OES for Order of the Eastern Star, ya know, female members...They have my mom's name RUTA under one of the symbols. Does anyone know what RUTA means masonically??

Anyway, the beehive does represent something for the female masonic members. My mother is Mormon and Mormons believe everything Master Mason Joseph Smith conjured up 2 centuries ago. The whole religion is a twisted set of beliefs from one mason's mind, along w/ masonic type rituals and such. The "young women" in the church have a group called the beehives. That church is so masonic it wasnt even like a church. The members are practically brain-washed.

NOW i'm not a anti-mason or whatever, i infact think masons have a certain wisdom to them, but a master-mason who creates a religion in the 1800's is crazy...!
There are no black people or Spanish people in the religion. Period. They simply DONT exist in the Book of Mormon!!

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isis Fibonacci
its so weird, under the OES for Order of the Eastern Star, ya know, female members...They have my mom's name RUTA under one of the symbols. Does anyone know what RUTA means masonically??

Anyway, the beehive does represent something for the female masonic members. My mother is Mormon and Mormons believe everything Master Mason Joseph Smith conjured up 2 centuries ago. The whole religion is a twisted set of beliefs from one mason's mind, along w/ masonic type rituals and such. The "young women" in the church have a group called the beehives. That church is so masonic it wasnt even like a church. The members are practically brain-washed.

NOW i'm not a anti-mason or whatever, i infact think masons have a certain wisdom to them, but a master-mason who creates a religion in the 1800's is crazy...!
There are no black people or Spanish people in the religion. Period. They simply DONT exist in the Book of Mormon!!

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

If it was the ORder of the Eastern Star (an organization for Master Masons and their close female relatives...) it likely said "Ruth" not "Ruta" (unless someone made a mistake. Ruta means nothing in Masonry or the OES. The names of the 5 heroines of the Eastern Star degrees are Adah, Ruth, Esther, Martha and Electa.

Regarding the Mormons, there ARE black people and hispanic people who are Mormons. FOr many years they couldn't be elders, but this too has changed. Apparently someone had a "revelation"

(I'm not a Mormon by the way, but have several friends who are and have studied quite a bit about them)

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Senrak,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. The OES Chapter that is closely associated with my Mother Lodge is called "Areme," and I never knew why until I read your post. For some reason, Lodges and Chapters in the area seem to like to choose punny names. For example, my Lodge is Avon Glen Lodge. Now, of course, Avon Glen means "River Valley," and the Lodge is so named, obviously, because it does not meet in my city's river valley

However, take a close look at the initials. Avon Glen Lodge. AGL. Now take the A, write it on a piece of paper. Write the G smaller, underneath the A, between its legs. Take the L, and rotate it 45 degrees counter-clockwise. Put the rotated L right under the A. What do you have? Look familliar?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

The bee and the hive have long been symbols of industry and regeneration, wisdom and obedience, with a place in Egyption, Roman and Christian symbolism. The hive is often seen in Masonic illustrations of the 18th and 19th century and both Clovis and Napoleon adopted the bee as their symbol. Although "the bee was among the Egyptians the symbol of an obedient people, because, says Horapollo, 'of all insects, the bee alone had a king.'1, its use in Freemasonry was secondary to any number of other symbols based on the working tools of a stone mason.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Senrak,

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. The OES Chapter that is closely associated with my Mother Lodge is called "Areme," and I never knew why until I read your post. For some reason, Lodges and Chapters in the area seem to like to choose punny names. For example, my Lodge is Avon Glen Lodge. Now, of course, Avon Glen means "River Valley," and the Lodge is so named, obviously, because it does not meet in my city's river valley

However, take a close look at the initials. Avon Glen Lodge. AGL. Now take the A, write it on a piece of paper. Write the G smaller, underneath the A, between its legs. Take the L, and rotate it 45 degrees counter-clockwise. Put the rotated L right under the A. What do you have? Look familliar?

Mighty familiar! ...and a bit esoteric as well.

Fraternally

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

the bee alone had a king

i think it is actually a Queen, which brings up another question. might it be that
the Bee symbology is in some way a reference to the feminine principal as is
thought to be the case with the Black Madonna "cult" ( i rerally dislike that word), and the Magdalene " cults ".

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not surpisingly, considering the close connections between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that of the Free and Accepted Masons, the Beehive is the state symbol of Utah. Its on all the signs...

top topics

join