It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe that deceased people visit us in our dreams?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
`
crikey, there are similar aren't they!! i agree that i hope my grandparents had nothing to do with them dreams. i didn't read all the posts but i will now and see if you got any replies. i was really close to my grandparents aswell

but i do usually dream of zombies that are so real, im having proper conversations with people, fighting, seeing people get killed, driving to empty towns, it really is like an episode of the walking dead and its so real but i've not been got by a zombie yet, although ive been close.

i hope we can get to the bottom of it

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

yes, i've had a few things a year or so ago after me and some friends done some ghost hunting at a few grave yards and i know some had followed me back. i like to try and help them cross over to. most recently i had read something on ATS about someone having an app for sleep talking and i thought i would have a go but not with the app just a recorder and i remember getting up to go to the toilet and then switching the recorder on it was 3am or just after, anyway, when i listened back you could hear a quite 'help me' and (as i snore) as i was breathing out rather loudly im sure i heard coming from me 'theres nothing here to see'. that happened a couple of months ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc
Time for a cleansing! Buy some white sage... a smudge stick, and go all through your house. You can find different rituals to rid your house of unwelcome guests. Then seal all around your house with sea salt so they can't get back in.

Keep those gems lying around your house. You can help these ghosts to cross over while you do the smudging.

Here are some threads that can help you learn how to protect yourself:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

ill give it a go, i don't know where to get sage from in the uk, il have a look on ebay, thanks!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

Google it. You can order it on the net from all kinds of places.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've only had one dream of a deceased relative(as far as I can remember)... It was very long after she had passed away. I guess I interpreted the dream to be based more on memories- but when I woke up I felt so much love and happiness...I wish I could dream about her every night

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I will keep it short.
This is my story.

I had two neighbors who were elderly.
The night before his death, i dreamt of the elderly old man. He was with another woman in my dream though. -A younger looking lady.

I remember he looked happy, but the only thing he said to me was Shhhh with his finger to his lip.

Upon hearing about his death the next day, I wasnt thinking, and out of shock, I told her that I had just dreamt of him that night, and that he was with a lady in my dream and looked happy.

A week later, the newly widowed neighbor told me of how her husband left his original wife who had lived with serious mental ailments, in Hungary, and had died. She told me it was his biggest regret and guilt and often hid it from her.

I really liked the old man, and since this has happened, have always felt bad that I mentioned his secret re-unification.

Anyways, true story.

Something else Ive found interesting, is that often times in stories like this, people in the afterlife appear as they looked at 25-30.

Always thought that was kind of neat to think that if I were to re-appear willingly after death, Id come back around 25-30.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very interesting dream, you must be sort of an open channel to be able to see him 😊
a reply to: TenFourAnimation

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You are giving soo many statements without justification.

"Sometimes lower level entities will visit us in our dreams and appear as mean family members in a way to "get to us", cause us to be upset, bring us down, etc. "
What is your justification behind this?

"You can avoid these dreams by raising your consciousness to a higher level of love. Mean spirits have a hard time entering that level. "

"Even if you aren't a believer, place a Bible beside your bed."
Why a bible? Why not the koran or torah? Why not the 'havamal' for that matter?

Why should we belive this site? www.healingcrystals.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: CorvusCorax

You are giving soo many statements without justification.

"Sometimes lower level entities will visit us in our dreams and appear as mean family members in a way to "get to us", cause us to be upset, bring us down, etc. "

30 years of research: reading books on case studies, articles from people with personal experiences, and watching documentaries of other people who have researched it, and a touch of common sense. They all say the same thing.

"You can avoid these dreams by raising your consciousness to a higher level of love. Mean spirits have a hard time entering that level. "

Personal experience, and *see above explanation*.

"Even if you aren't a believer, place a Bible beside your bed."
Why a bible? Why not the koran or torah? Why not the 'havamal' for that matter?

Did I say the Christian Bible? No; you assumed that's what I meant. Whatever faith a person has, they should place their Bible beside them.
ETA: I just looked up the definition for "Bible", and it does refer to the Christian Bible. My mistake. To me, a Bible is a book that a person uses to gain faith for their personal beliefs. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Why should we belive this site? www.healingcrystals.com...

Because it's true.

edit on 9/12/2014 by sled735 because: reformat

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

30 years of research: reading books on case studies, articles from people with personal experiences, and watching documentaries of other people who have researched it, and a touch of common sense. They all say the same thing.

To me it sounds like a bunch of people who all have the same belief system. To justify their belief they refer to eacher other as evidence. it's a fallacy. Just because alot of people have the same belief it doesn't make it correct.
You have researched case studies.. Where these casestudies based on personal experience?
You have read articles based on personal experience.
What kind of evidence was presented in the documentaries?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CorvusCorax

I don't need to justify myself to you.
You are the only one questioning anything I have said. If you want proof that this is real, go do the years of research for yourself, like I did.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cassp83

Each family member I have lost I always feel lives on within me. When I dream about them, they are an extension of myself at times. It is hard to explain. But Cassp I really feel family members do come to us in dreams. We just all have different ways of sensing them.
Thank you for the thread.
I can't give you any reasons for it, as I only know what I have felt and dreamed, about those I have lost in my life. But all of them have come back to me in one way or another. I see one often, and sometimes she can be a little mean to me in my dreams and give me nightmares!

I think our system and the way we are hard wired as the human race. We live on via those that cared about us. The more you touch, the longer your essence lives on. I feel we come from many different sources, and when done here, we return to the source we came from, but parts of our essences remains connected to those left on this plane. However I feel it is we who manifest them, to comfort us. We understand so little about dreams, I think we should have a dream program over other programs we have for learning, science.
I can't say for sure. But I can say this. What ever makes your loss that much easier, then I would not disagree with anything that was helpful to you. (As they are your dreams, your experience)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join