It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Meteorite - This time Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Same day Nicaragua ans Spain?

I'll update as needed, only got spanish sources for now.

Raw Translation :

Barcelona (Editorial) .- At 6.55 pm on Sunday, a meteorite, as confirmed by the Research Network Fireballs and Meteorites, illuminated the sky of Barcelona. The sighting was confirmed by the Spanish Meteorological Agency (Aemet) in Catalonia through its Twitter account. In fact, the phenomenon has not been local: was last seen at different points of the Spanish geography, since Aemet is not the only one who has noticed this sighting, which was also shared by many netizens through social networks.
Emergency services have received a few calls from people who explained the sighting of a fireball in the sky of Barcelona.
Following confirmation by the Aemet, the CSIC has started investigation into the incident to confirm the phenomenon and find the location of the alleged impact.

DAY fireball of September 7, 2014 (SPMN070914, 04h56m46.7 ± 0.1s TUC)

Registration: Registration: video cameras Folgueroles (P. Pujols-JMTrigo / AAO-CSIC-IEEC), the Astronomical Observatory of La Hita (JM Madiedo / USEV-UHU) cameras, the Duchy Villaverde (J. Zamorano et al. / UCM), Sant Antoni de Calonge (Josep M. Petit / AstroGirona) and Blanes (MeteoBlanes). Log in forward-scatter echo from Jaén by Lorenzo Morillas.

Visual Reports: Josep Delcort, David Gaspar, Raimon Guitart, Albert Llach, Oscar Martin (Osae), Nicolas Moscoso, Luis Pat, Luis Peral, Josep M. Pujades, Oscar van der Velde (UPC) and several anonymous.

Casual Images persistent wake Josep Delcort, David Gaspar, Lluís Soler Lleixà and Agustí.

Absolute magnitude: -17 + -2

Source: To be determined

Observation Range: Andalucía, Aragón, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla y Leon, Catalonia, Madrid, Valencia, Extremadura, La Rioja and the Basque Country.

More info translated :

Possible meteor trail and light have been spotted at 07.00 hours on Sunday by citizens of Barcelona and Tarragona, which have Twitter account, with photographs that you can see smoke pink and white.

www.lavanguardia.com...
www.lavozdegalicia.es... htm
www.spmn.uji.es...
www.elmundo.es...
twitter.com...
edit on 8-9-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
That doesn't look like a hit, just a bolide.

Doubt anything significant made it to the ground

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Well, it will be significant if the number of this objects increases in a time frame. Wise to have a record and be alert.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Looks like not much made it to the ground, but still quite an impressive show!

Now, the question that remains: is there an uptick in these things entering out atmosphere, or an increase in our noticing it and capturing it on camera?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Good question. In my opinion, the fact that there are more recorded events due the increase of the number of cameras in the world soon will not be a valid argument. It's been years already since video/photo devices became popular.

It's important to handle wisely alll the information we receive now thru all these devices, avoiding overreaction.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: gatorboi117

Good question. In my opinion, the fact that there are more recorded events due the increase of the number of cameras in the world soon will not be a valid argument. It's been years already since video/photo devices became popular.

It's important to handle wisely alll the information we receive now thru all these devices, avoiding overreaction.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it will not be valid anymore? Just because something became popular, does not mean that the number of devices stops increasing.

Increased number of population means an increased number of camera phone operators. More buildings being built that may have video cameras on them, etc.

So why would you think the number of cameras would stop increasing?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's all recorded here. www.lpi.usra.edu...
The NASA runs a surveillance authority supported by the USRA that works on a system of predictive value.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Not sure if you understood me. What I mean is focused in that famous quote : "the number of sights increased because we have more cameras around". Still valid, but not for too long. Already cameras everywhere and it's time to run new stats starting somewhere in the last 5 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthmaker
It's all recorded here. www.lpi.usra.edu...
The NASA runs a surveillance authority supported by the USRA that works on a system of predictive value.

Thank you for the link, but NASA belongs to the government......if you know what I mean

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
That doesn't look like a hit, just a bolide.

Doubt anything significant made it to the ground

Looks that way, maybe those that thought it landed actually ducked.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'd say this is a part of 2014 RC that went over Sunday. Sometimes rocks make it to Earth during an event.
Meteorite strikes near Nicaragua’s capital leaving 39-foot crater Sept.7.2014 Story here
edit on 8-9-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
And Death rode a pale, sick horse, and the spirit of Hell followed it.

That, or it could be Satan. Like how the heavens tremble as if it was lightning across the sky.

"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."
Luke 10:18

Religion...Its a love an hate thing sometimes.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It must be fireball season...oh wait! That's in February.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
On this link, the comments also mentions a fireball seen in Grenoble, France just before the Spanish one was seen.

rt.com...
edit on 8-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

That is kind of what I was thinking.
I think there are smaller chunks that follow along with the asteroids, and when we got the close buzz,
a few smaller pieces ran into us.

top topics

join