It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden may receive Swiss asylum - Swiss Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

originally posted by: CriticalCK
a reply to: auroraaus

To be fair, swiss banks cancelled most or all US Citizen and German bank accounts, not just Snowden's.

I'm not sure if Snowden ever had a swiss bank account - but the account I mentioned being cancelled was Julian Assange's.

Well, Assange had a bank relationship that was only open to Swiss citizens. He claimed to live in Geneva Switzerland, but then failed to provide the necessary papers - so the account had to be suspended and the money transfered to another one. It really didn't have anything to do with him being Assange. Banks don't care for such things. Just bringing up a boring fact.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I knew it, is Snowden Swiss? anyhow maybe I've been watching too many Nazi Swiss Templar youtube videos, the Pharohs of Octagon, just youtube the series, you'll soon understand....
on another note, what a wonderful place to spend Asylum, I traveled to Switzerland and had the pleasure of driving through the beautiful country, I love Zurich!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Sounds like a trap if you ask me!

That's exactly what I was thinking

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BettyHill400

I have to admit - it is a bit sus at the moment given the fact the US have come out saying Snowden's leaks have helped IS/ISIS/ISIL in their campaign.

And given the nature of what the western world is thinking of Russia at the moment (has it ever changed since the start of the 20th century??)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well...I think he should be dropped off on some remote island with no internet connection.

I could care less he told the whole world the NSA was spying (like everybody didn't already know).

But I do have a problem with him giving up Top Secret blue prints of the infrastructure of the internet, sea to sea.

And I can bet that with all the secrets he stole from the NSA...he got nothing from the U.S. Navy Seabees and their surveillance programs. Somebody has to keep the NSA in check...

Every country spies on their population and none will ever stop!

I've been waiting for weeks for updates on Snowden and all I'm seeing is BS here and BS there...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. Anyone researching Snowden while in the CIA and then as an NSA contractor (as I did), immediately notices that he always got cushy assignments and had a six-figure salary - when most Agents have 5-figure salaries long into their career. I've speculated elsewhere that he may be a boy-toy for a powerful CIA/NSA figure, who pushed Snowden into this.

I mean, really! He takes off from a cushy Hawaiian contractor job (with a six-figure salary), to go bounce around Hong Kong for weeks. Then he flies unimpeded straight to Moscow. This does NOT add up!

I also speculated in a discussion elsewhere, that Snowden's probably safe in Russia. At least until the U.S. dangles a captured Russian spy Putin REALLY wants back, and Snowden is the sacrificial-lamb offered up in exchange.

So to see this "Snowden may be headed to asylum in Switzerland" item, I had to laugh. A very powerful "someone" in the U.S. is pulling global strings to keep their boy-toy safe, and beyond Putin's ability to send Snowden back to the U.S.
edit on 24-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Didn't see this mentioned so far in this thread, a primary link between Switzerland and the NSA is a company named Crypto AG.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lots of rotor machine links on the first page of search.

More recently Snowden might have information about secure phone breaches by the NSA.
Check out the Crypto AG HA 2400 model in the list below.

electrospaces.blogspot.com...

edit on 24-9-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Good post. Here's more recent news about everyone scrambling for a ultra-secure phone.

www.pcmag.com...
(Feb. 2014) SUPER SECURE "BLACK PHONE" INTRO'D - FOR $630

betanews.com...
(Aug. 2014) SUPER SECURE "BLACK PHONE" HACKED THEN PATCHED, COURTESY OF DEFCON

www.forbes.com...
(Aug. 2014) GUY AT 2010 DEFCON BUILT ROGUE CELL TOWER

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here's the latest on Snowden going to Switzerland:

www.newsweek.com...
SWITZERLAND MAY TAKE EDWARD SNOWDEN IF HE WILL TESTIFY ABOUT U.S. SPYING
"Former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden could be granted safe passage in Switzerland if he helped a potential criminal inquiry into U.S. spying there, the Swiss public prosecutor's office said on Monday.

"He would probably not be extradited to the United States if Washington asked, but it was also unlikely that he would be granted political asylum, according to a document laying out Switzerland's legal options if Snowden were to visit."

So Snowden could "visit" if he testified against the U.S., but wouldn't be granted political asylum. So lets see what his powerful U.S. "benefactor" comes up with next.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Signaling Post-Snowden Era, New iPhone Locks Out N.S.A.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The more countries that stand up to our the corrupt agencies like the NSA the better. And really their standing up to the corrupt governments of the world. We know the USA is corrupt. I love my country but it really needs to change. We're becoming more like communist Russia every day. We need more Edward Snowdens.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Hi...just checkin' in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join