It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids And Animals Liking You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
So, I've just always had this thing where kids and animals really like me. I get comments all the time when I'm around kids or animals about how they seem to unusually like me. They just seem to like and want to interact and play with me. I've always liked to think that animals and kids are better able to sense things, and they can sense that I am a good person and that's why they're like that. Anyone else have this? Think my explanation is possible?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
All my life i have heard that if animals and children like you then you must be a really good person.. I believe animals can see Aura's so perhaps thats why? I think some small Children can aswell, before the mind gets pre occupied with its ego and everything going on in life that it forgets these kinds of things or simply stops believing because they are told its not real or think they arent notmal for seeing that kind of thing, we probably have alot of senses and capabilities that are for reading people and stuff like that but over time it all gets dumbed down and replaced with other stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Young children are fresh from "the source" and animals are nature incarnate, which is also directly connected to that "source". It makes sense that they would be able to intrinsically pick up on that certain "je ne sais qua" in others. I always find it to be a good sign when children and animals react in a positive way to someone without any direct or tangible reason to do so. I am also someone who seems to draw them to me in a way. I've been near toddlers in public, heavily occupied areas (like in a bus) who disregard everyone else and seem to only direct their attention at me. They sometimes even try to reach out towards me and I wonder what compels them to do so. I shoot them a quick smile, which they return in kind, and I continue to mind my own business.

I think the conclusion you have drawn as to why they are particularly fond of you is mostly right, although as it pertains to me, I always hesitate to call myself a "good" or "righteous" person as those words are so loaded and full of self-aggrandizement and I KNOW I have done and thought things that weren't always as such. But, I'm more than comfortable saying that I tend to stay more on the "positive" side of the spectrum.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have been like this as far back as I can remember. I have always thought its because they could sense that I am a good person, but really have no clue.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yeah I'm one of those, animals in particular are so enthusiastic it borders on the scary at times. My friends Staffordshire Bull Terrier is infatuated with me, as soon as I come in he goes berserk with excitement and licks me to death uncontrollably, they even now have to take him outside as soon as I arrive or he urinates everywhere with excitement.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Somewhat .. kids seem to like me all my adopted kids ( 4 vietnan war orphans and 2 fukushima orphans ) just showed up and decided theyd stick around .. which is bit surprising as I tend to either unnerve or scare the hell out of adults most of the time .. as to animals always had a strange affinity with cats .. dogs on the other hand never have got along with and the stench of dogs is one of the few things that nauseates me ..

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I too am one of those "good souls" and that attitude stays with me throughout life, both animals and children are drawn to me, but I do engage them, and I like their attention.

When I imagine my spirit, I see my arms stretched out in a crucifix with birds, and animals perched on me.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Cats love me, dogs as well, but without wishing to be flippant, their behavior around me leads me to believe that it is the particular odour which I give off, which attracts the beasts toward me. Every cat I have encountered in a social setting, has ended up nose deep in my jacket, or my armpit, or has sniffed the straps of my backpack, all of which carry my scent. Every dog I have ever met does a similar thing. They love it for some reason!

As for kids, it really rather depends on the child. The trouble with me is, I look like a badly thought out comic book character, that fellow from the Marvel Universe version of Asgard who is not perfectly proportioned enough to warrant page time alongside the other, more photogenic characters of that heritage. This means that kids, unless they are used to us metalheads, can have various reactions, ranging from total confusion (usually beard or hair related), to wonderment, to total and complete shyness.

I think it is a poor habit to generalise over much about these things, since kids react to things differently dependent on what their parents have taught them, what television shows they have watched, whether they prefer Autobots or Decepticons, Pirates or Ninjas... that sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

There are quite a few people of us out here that can be classed so to speak as being Good... I hope that myself I am one of those....

Welcome to those who REALLY know the true meaning of empathy.

We deeply care... No matter where you are.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 8/9/14 by Rodinus because: Buggered up edit

edit on 8/9/14 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dogs like me, but I like them back. Kids seem to like me, but also seem to sense my standoffishness about them (I tend to like my own kid much more than any other kid).

Over the years, my dog (14 years old) has consistently disliked the people I've encountered that I've known to be a bad character, or who have ended up being a bad character despite seeming okay at first. I think that dogs make their own first impressions, but they also pick up on their human's first impressions of people. If I am wary of a person, my dog tends to be too.

I'd love to learn more about this from a biological (evolutionary?) standpoint. I suspect that its a survival mechanism for dogs and children to gravitate towards those humans that might give them easy food or other basic needs.

ETA: Haha, that last bit sort of sounds like I'm classifying children as a whole separate species... lol... I think they kinda are!

edit on 8-9-2014 by MojaveBurning because: more

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Be the living entity in front of you be human (primate), canine or whatever... If you are à good person and feel it deeply yourself... you will NEVER have negative feedback or reactions from others.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Where dogs are concerned, they are very much pack animals. If they respect you as the head of their pack, then they take their lead from you, in terms of how they perceive other people. You transmit your opinion of others by your scent, whether you sense threat, companionship, uncertainty, your dog will pick up on that as an instruction from its superior in the pack.

With kids, they can share their parents tendencies toward others, because they are learning how to function, and are set up for emulation until they are much more mature. One could argue that some people never abandon that suggestible and weak minded phase, but either way, kids take their lead from their parents ordinarily speaking, until they are old enough to form their own unique opinions and attitudes.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have always had this same thing. Kids love me and so do animals. It makes no difference where I go, kids come running. I visited someone that I hadn't seen for a long, long time. They have an autistic son that I hadn't met before up until that time. He immediately came over to me and hugged me and stayed very close to me. His parents were freaking out because they said usually he will have nothing to do with anybody. Anytime that I go to their house, he comes to me to this day.

I've been sitting out in the woods hunting and have had squirrels get on me. I've had deer walk right up to me with no fear. I have butterflies land on me. I've had birds land on me. I once had an owl fly into my truck with me while I was parked. Didn't take me long to jump out either. It's weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think dogs believe I'm also a dog.

Cats often go very still and just stare at me for minutes at a time and kids love me because I'm as daft as a brush.

a reply to: TheJourney

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Kids and dogs both like me but I think that is because intellectually and emotionally I am still at their level.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I get the same thing. Little Kids cling all over me, take my hand or just stare. No idea what it's about.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

yes I agree. I always thought they had another sense but perhaps it is an aura?

top topics

join