It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality Means Who You Are Matters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just something I've been thinking about. Partially in relation to the question, what does spirituality even really mean? Now, there seems to be a certain perspective that inherently implies spirituality. And that is who you are matters, in and of itself, for one reason or another. Without some sort of spiritual perspective, you cannot conclude that who you are as a person matters. Objectively, who you are only matters in your relationship with the world and people around you. If you make no impact, you are irrelevant. Who you are inside doesn't matter.

So, we grow and evolve as people, in ways that are meaningful. From a spiritual perspective, that matters. Be it karma, or some other intangible spiritual principle, your internal processes are significant, whether or not it has objective external impact. One may say they are not spiritual, and also say that who you are still matters, but I just can't see how some form of spirituality isn't implied by the idea that who you are internally matters. And anyways, that is a way in which spirituality can help give meaning to life. I feel that I've grown a lot as a person over the last few years, in ways that are significant. From a spiritual perspective, that matters. Otherwise, it only matters insomuch as it has external effects.

So, does who we are as a person matter? Is our internal process of growth significant in and of itself, or only as it relates to externals?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

There is only one way I can for see how every human
life could potentially be of great significance. And isn't
seen thru atheism.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Some say spirituality has everything to do with your level of consciousness, and of course nothing to do with religion. Your internal growth, as long as it is aligned with the constant truth of the Universe, which is love, is really all that matters. Your impact on the world is irrelevant to this.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Spirituality is not solely based around one's self.. Spirituality that I have come to know is for the betterment of mankind and there are deeper meanings and understandings that most will never understand. Spirituality is observing yourself, the things around you that you can see with your eyes, and the things around that you cannot see with your external eyes. Now when I say that, I am not talking about Ghosts or Poltergeists etc, I am speaking about things that are happening on this planet that you cannot see unless you interpret them with your inner vision.

It's the same if you are following any Spiritual text, you read with the external and interpret with the internal..

If you sit there watching Fox News, Huckerbee, Big Brother, American Idol all day, you will never get to that point of conscience.. To me you cannot possibly have spirituality if you waste your time with that crap..
edit on 8-9-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join