It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candied Bacon... What???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah, we gonna do that. Maybe just once, but we gonna do that.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
... About as crazy as I can get is a peanut butter sandwich loaded with lots of pickled jalapeno's. ...

Headed downstairs to try that now!

Wait, we're out of bread! Drats, foiled again!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I have made something similar to this before, called "millionaire's bacon".

Very similar cooking method, ingredients vary slightly.

I love the stuff. Salty, sweet savory goodness!! It is bacon+

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The craziest thing I eat I have eaten since I was a child. The wife calls me a sicko whenever I make one, but dang, I just love it.

Peanut butter and baloney sammich. Take 2 slices of bread, apply peanut butter to one slice, apply mayo and mustard to the other, and slap a slice or 2 of baloney in the middle.

Contrasting flavors are awesomeness! lol

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bacon and netella sammiches.

Doesnt get better than that for me.

Candied bacon is good, but i prefer just to make that extra crispy and just snap it up in my hands and eat it on its own.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

If you try it, don't forget the chips; it just doesn't work without the salt factor!
I miss Little Olys; that's about all I could handle.

I like chocolate with hot peppers, so maybe a bacon wrapped Habenero dipped in chocolate would be to my liking...hmm....

I think Applebee's had something similar to that!! I bet that would taste awesome!

originally posted by: crappiekat

Ya know I have had a hankering for something sweet lately.

I just may try this. I'm off to the store tomorrow for a few things, and I was planning to get bacon for another recipe.

BLT salad.

I'll let ya know what the troops think.

Be well
Crappiekat

I would absolutely love to know how you liked it.
I'm sure there are plenty of people out there cooking it like this, but it's always nice to know that someone fixed something you suggested and enjoyed it. We have a lot of awesome cooks on here.

I like this because it's sweet and salty. I can't stomach many sweets as they are too sweet, but something like this hits the spot without leaving me feeling kind of icky lol.

originally posted by: violet
Thanks kangaroo
Love bacon! I sometimes sprinkle a bit of brown sugar on it when frying. Or drizzle pure maple syrup. Cheap here in Canada, I put mustard on my bread for a bacon sandwich.

I want bacon now!!! If I had some in I'd honestly jump out of bed and make some!

You're welcome! I never thought of brown sugar while I'm frying it, but that does sound delicious. I like to dip my bacon in Apple butter sometimes... I bet the brown sugar would just send that pairing straight into heaven!!!

I'm going to have to make breakfast for dinner again this week I think.

originally posted by: butcherguy
My sister made candied bacon before and it was awesome.
Here is a link to a recipe for Millionaire's Bacon if you don't already have it: Bacon Today

Oh yumm!!! That's so going in my recipe box!! That sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you!
It's pretty close to mine, but different enough to try!

originally posted by: Fylgje
(my best Homer Simpson impersonation)MMMmmmm bacon.

You could candy bacon with a dog turd and it'd still be good.

Thanks for the recipe.

I think you're about right Homer.... I mean Fylgje.
It's hard to ruin bacon.

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

OMG wow. Sounds yummy!!!

Where I live we have an Angel and Phelps chocolatier shop. I know they have been there for as long as I've lived here. I had my first taste of chocolate covered bacon and OMG it was so good I had to give the rest of the bag away so I wouldn't eat it all!!

We don't have anything like that here... Lucky.

We have a fudge shop about 80 miles away. That's about it. I know what you mean about giving it away so you wouldn't eat it all. I have given my husband stuff to take to work and let the guys have it. He says... I thought you liked it! I said I do... A LOT!

originally posted by: incoserv
Yeah, we gonna do that. Maybe just once, but we gonna do that.

Everybody should do it at least once...

edit on 9/8/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Oh, I believe you. It IS delicious. I first heard about candied bacon from Epic Mealtime videos. Are you familiar with
Epic Mealtime? It is all things bacon (and Jack Daniels is a staple apparently, lol) These vids are INSANE with their use of bacon. I can't seem to locate the one where they baked a bacon basket after meticulously weaving the pieces. I think it was for Easter.

Anyway, here is the one about candied bacon:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

when i have folks over for burgers on the grill, and want to make it special, i make this candied bacon. Exact same recipe, too.

I also make onion jam, which is another decadent delight.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

oo oo oo!

Tell me about onion jam!! Puhlease?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks mucho!!! I am going to give that a try fer shure!!

I love onions and garlic, and onions and garlic.... did I mention garlic?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

i have never thrown any away.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Have you all heard of pancake-bacon dippers? I need someone in my life to make these for me.

...God, I'm hungry.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

Oh my.

Bookmarked. Pancake dippers and jalapeno stuffed wraps, holy hell thats going to be made some time very soon.

One more thing. mmmmm bacon!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I have never used that recipe, but I have had candied bacon before. It is delicious.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

I went through the whole list of ways to cook bacon...OMG!! Southern fried bacon? I think I am going to try a few of those out.

Candied bacon is my favorite way...brown sugar, pepper, a dash of cayenne, or even better is a chipotle chili powder.

Sweet, savory, spicy goodness!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Oh the food these days - they've got those chocolates with icing too. Most bizarre!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join