It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How stanley kubrick got chance to direct Apollo missions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Didn't his own wife admit to this?

No, that claim was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMasterOne

originally posted by: Ujwaleshwar123456789
we all know apollo 11 to 17 are staged mission ( except apollo 13).
i am asking how stanley kubrick got involved???

Read here for your answer

I have been following this thread for a while, and was going to post the same thread you have. The Howard Hughes - Tricky Dick connection is quite compelling. To me it makes more sense than Kubrick faking the Apollo missions. I highly recommend everyone on this thread to read the thread posted by TheMasterOne. At the very least, for a different perspective.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ujwaleshwar123456789

your " source " cites the alledged " anomalies " in the shadows captured in the Apollo mission photographs

this single fact is an immediate clue that you are listening to a second grade idiot

and you yourself can debunk the " shadows anomiloes " claim by simply going outside on a sunny day with a friend

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

I have been following this thread for a while, and was going to post the same thread you have. The Howard Hughes - Tricky Dick connection is quite compelling. To me it makes more sense than Kubrick faking the Apollo missions. I highly recommend everyone on this thread to read the thread posted by TheMasterOne. At the very least, for a different perspective.

Yes, it makes the compelling case that Richard Nixon single mindedly worked to immortalize his arch political enemy, John F. Kennedy.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Yes, it makes the compelling case that Richard Nixon single mindedly worked to immortalize his arch political enemy, John F. Kennedy.

Stranger things have happened.

I'm just sharing another perspective of a conspiracy theory. Believe what you want, but you don't have to be rude about it. I'm assuming your rhetoric is sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'm just sharing another perspective of a conspiracy theory. Believe what you want, but you don't have to be rude about it. I'm assuming your rhetoric is sarcastic.

If you think about what Sayonara is claiming, it is inherently contradictory.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thanks for clearing that up for me. While I always found this particular topic fascinating, I've never dug very deep in to it.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ujwaleshwar123456789

Welcome to ATS.

You will facepalm yourself after watching this....

Nothing else to say!
edit on 2014-09-08T08:37:11-05:00201409bam3009am1130 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hmmm.
Stanley Kubrick must be awesome... as in superhero awesome.

He flew up and delivered landers, rovers and scientific gear.... then he drove the rovers around, tracking the surface all up. He ran around in moon boots too leaving footie prints all over Yosemite Sam's nice clean Moon!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Show me 100% proof this is true and I'll believe you.
You cant because you are incorrect, like the rest of them that think it was fake
Proof or shut up

ETA: Your link to your 'proof' is NOT proof, its someone's theories, not proof. Show me from the space program that WAS involved in the Apollo Space Program that said they faked it all, and I MIGHT believe it
edit on 9/8/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
iv done a little bit of research on the subject and heres what i gathered, first off we did make it to the moon and space, but the video footage was faked by kubrick, at the time we used film for video and photos and it hard a hard time making it back through radiation, so the landing was filmed by kubrick in a studio because of the sucess and realistic movie he previously filmed ( 2001 a space oddesy ).
the landing happend and they filmed the video to go with it to show the world, after the filming kubrick became concernd and paranoid of possible goverment actions to keep the story underwraps. while in his seclusion for a couple years after the landing he wrote and filmed the shining , in my opinion the movie kinda explains what stanley was going through at the time.
this is just my theory from my point of view hope it helps !

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeroflashwhile in his seclusion for a couple years after the landing he wrote and filmed the shining , in my opinion the movie kinda explains what stanley was going through at the time.

You lost me here, explain to me Mr Freud

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

IMO the only effects of smoking I saw in that youtube clip was of the author and commentator.

Wow , I barely made it pass the Rorschach inkblot test of the letter A by the skies reflection. It looks like numerology but with images perhaps a new fringe science into imagerology?

Sorry but that was laughable to me and I couldn't make it pass the Apollo association to the road and mountains.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That is wonderful. Can you elaborate? Whats with people on here just making a statement and assuming everyone knows what they are talking about. Finish your thought with some substance!

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That is wonderful. Can you elaborate? Whats with people on here just making a statement and assuming everyone knows what they are talking about. Finish your thought with some substance!

If you read the thread in question, you would understand. Sayonara believes that Richard Nixon dedicated twenty years of his life to faking the Moon landings, starting even before he became Vice President. All of this effort served to fulfill the goal of " landing men on the Moon and returning them safely to Earth," proposed by John F. Kennedy, the man who defeated Nixon in the 1960 election. Everyone remembers Kennedy's speech; no-one remembers the phone call Nixon made to the astronauts. Self defeating, wouldn't you say?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am quite convinced that we went to the moon, first of all. What does intrigue me because it seems plausible are two things. First, that the astronauts apparently took almost no out of focus shots using their 70mm cameras. If the arguments made in the article are accurate, then this would be extremely unlikely, especially considering they could not really frame up the shots as they couldn't use the viewfinders. Second, I was already aware of the inconsistencies in the "blackness of space" when you fiddle with various filters in modern image-editing software. The patterns and shapes that appear do seem to be eerily related to those seen using the same process on an image created using a Scothlite screen. So what could account for this?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: minkmouse
sorry i forget to post this link:
Proof

You call that "proof", but isn't it really just someone's speculation?

Sure -- the information in that link makes for a good alternative/conspiracy-laden story, but what exactly makes it "proof"?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Lets just forget that anyone with the right off-the-shelf gear can shine a laser at a specific spot on the moon and have it reflected back. We specifically put reflectors on the Moon's surface to keep tabs on the distance between it and Earth.

If we didn't go to the Moon, how did we leave these behind for scientific study?

"off-the-shelf gear"?

The Mythbusters needed a giga-watt laser to do that LRRR test. Where can I get a giga-watt laser off the shelf?
The Mythbusters did not ask themselves or the audience if the reflector could be placed by a robot.
The Mythbusters only tested one of three(?) LRRR's left on the moon by NASA.
The Mythbusters never tested the Russian reflector that was placed by a robot on the surface of the moon.

Please review the Mythbusters episode #104.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

So I guess the Mythbusters guys had some special permission to buy components to build a gigawat laser?

Anyone can purchase the same components and do the same experiment. And how can you be sure that a television show isn't some kind of propaganda to keep people like you and me from trying the experiment with a smaller laser?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Kubrick does not have to be the director or the cinematographer or the editor of Apollo... Kubrick could have consulted with NASA in exchange for access to the special low light lenses he used for Barry Lyndon and other kick backs.

Stanley Kubrick's involvement with Apollo could have been only incidental, for example, consulting with NASA officials about cameras, lenses, film techniques, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join